HELP : What is the cheapest visa to stay 1 year in Bangkok

hey guy, i am a food traveler and i want to stay in bangkok for 1 year

Do you know what is the cheapest visa to stay 1 year in bangkok?

Multi-entries visa? Or ED visa?

And about ED visa, is it cheaper to go with a thai language school like Walen or to go to the university for like 1 semester

Please share your experience, it will be very useful for me

Thanks in advance!

If you are actually worried about the cost of a visa, how do you intend to support yourself for one year without work ? ... a question that, at some point, you may be asked to answer by an Immigrations officer.

Of all the expenses you're likely going to have to deal with, the visa would be pretty near the least. Or maybe you mean what would be overall cheapest way to stay in Thailand for a year while eating your way through every restaurant and food stand in Bangkok and pretending to be a student?

Edited by Suradit69

If you are actually worried about the cost of a visa, how do you intend to support yourself for one year without work ? ... a question that, at some point, you may be asked to answer by an Immigrations officer.

Of all the expenses you're likely going to have to deal with, the visa would be pretty near the least. Or maybe you mean what would be overall cheapest way to stay in Thailand for a year while eating your way through every restaurant and food stand in Bangkok and pretending to be a student?

Thanks for the reply sir

My family will support me for 1 year.

But I don't want them to spend too much money so I would like to know the cheapest visa :)

OP - as another TVF poster has suggested you are confusing cost of living and entertaining yourself with the cost of a visa. Rent, electric, water, transportation costs, etc. not to mention the food you want to sample - all outstrip most any Visa cost. And all this depends on your age. Single and underage 50 is one thing... 50 and over is another, marriage to a Thai is another all together. Getting an education visa (ED) can be costly just for the tuition. So - if you are under age 50, single, and without any hopes of a Work Permit / Job ... there are not many options for you especially since staying in Thailand using extensions of a Visa on Arrival have dried up or that even extensions of regular Tourist Visas will perhaps become difficult due to recently activated enforcement levels - then ED seems (on the surface - not knowing more about your situation) the best option for you - but an relatively expensive option.

If the embassy or consulate in your home will issue them you could get a 3 entry tourist visa that would cost the equivalent of 1000 baht per entry. It is possible to get almost 9 months of stay without needing a new visa.

Then you could get a single entry tourist visa that would give you about 3 more months. A two entry would give you about another 6 months.

OK as per Joe above writing concurrently.

Maybe the least expensive way is to get a 3-entry / six-month validity tourist visa in your home country which will give you almost 9 months if properly manipulated and then take your reasonable chances that you can get an additional 1 or 2 entry tourist visa in the region for the remaining 3 or so months.

Edited by JLCrab

Ok thanks a lot for the answers guys !! but I think I am going to learn Mandarin and get a ED Visa :)

Because I cannot apply for a multy-entries visa in my home country..it´s too far and the cost of airplane= cost of learning thai or mandarin in thailand :)

So thank you very much guy :D

Everything is clear now :)

if you arrive by plane you get 30 days...then go to Savannakhet or Vientiane,Laos there you can get a double entry tourist visa for 2000 baht (I think) cost to border from Bkk is quite cheap by bus..then pay Laos visa about $42 depending what country you are from...good for 1 month...stay there 1 month as they have food there too.

so with 30 day extension at end of the first & 2nd 2 month part of visa that's another 1900 baht per extension that = 8 months including 1 month in Laos...then redo double entry visa in Laos if you need more time.