Police Say Anti-American Protest Not Violation of Martial Law

Lite Beer

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The lone protester, Thep Vetchavisit, said he was there to voice his anger towards the US government for downgrading its military relations with Thailand..."

The Mouse That Roared whistling.gif whistling.gif whistling.gif

Edited by jaltsc
  • Like 1

Perhaps Thailand can heal its internal conflict and find unity to move forward in a common cause--and it seems the US has provided the catalyst by their meddling.

So America should not have laws that forbid it from providing material support to undemocratically elected governments? Or, is it expected to make a special case for Thailand?

Or are you speaking of the TIP trafficking report- that should be ignored, too?

So Thailand should not be held to the same standards as other nations? Well, I can almost agree with that as no way can it ever achieve that with a largely uneducated populace as its core, which is quite deliberate.

Wow.

• Like 2

I think it is the same in North Korea and any other dictatorship

You can not protest against your own government, but you can protest against foreign governments, unless of course that foreign government is in support of your own government in which case...

• Like 1

Perhaps Thailand can heal its internal conflict and find unity to move forward in a common cause--and it seems the US has provided the catalyst by their meddling.

So America should not have laws that forbid it from providing material support to undemocratically elected governments? Or, is it expected to make a special case for Thailand?

So Thailand should not be held to the same standards as other nations? Well, I can almost agree with that as no way can it ever achieve that with a largely uneducated populace as its core, which is quite deliberate.

What laws are you talking about. they give the IRA 17million a year.

• Like 2

What laws are you talking about. they give the IRA 17million a year.

That's quite a tax deduction. Impressive!

• Like 1

so it was this countrywide protest publicised over by facebook and printed media? Where are the supporters of junta? Doesn't look as it was raining at all. Let's see how Yon's crowd will spin it? I do expect this picture and police statement to be published tomorrow all over international media. Good on thai military state!

There is never any mention of Japan's criticism. While it's not as drastic as halting military drills, it's pretty severe.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/124199/views-from-japan-on-the-thai-coup/

And, then there is this...

http://www.asiasentinel.com/society/asean-lawmakers-blast-human-rights-commission/

http://www.asiasentinel.com/society/open-letter-thai-junta/

Actually I didn't find it severe at all. Much of it was aimed at the May 22 day and does not take into account the state of the nation now. One of the more severe criticism's was about the curfew and it came from industry not Japan. Had nothing to do with throwing the PTP out on their ear.

If you follow the whole thing it is rather comical the countries immediately putting up travelers warnings and slowly lowering them as they see it is a good thing for Thailand. While at the same time they threaten to with hold this or that.

In a way they are Like the Thais. Save face ignore reality.

Edit

Forgot to mention none of it was aimed at the coup for stopping the indiscriminate killing being carried on as the result of bad government. I was being kind to them with the "Bad".

Edited by northernjohn

Announcing gathering to protest in favor of democracy, calling for eat sandiwches and read book. Lone protester caught eating a sandwich: arrested.

Announcing protests against US in front of US embassy, Lone protester expressing his anger against US. A pat on his shoulder, some smile and a nice article on The Nation.

Talking about double standards...