Overstayed 10 days and now can't get Visa

Just because you have a visa ,does not automatically mean you will be allowed into Thailand, A couple that I travelled with from Penang were refused entry even with a visa, They were asked to show they had 20.000 Bht. each ,and as they could not,were refused entry. Furthermore ,everything they owned was in Thailand,inc house and furniture.

And what has to do with the topic ? Immigration trivia showoff.

Just because you have a visa ,does not automatically mean you will be allowed into Thailand, A couple that I travelled with from Penang were refused entry even with a visa, They were asked to show they had 20.000 Bht. each ,and as they could not,were refused entry. Furthermore ,everything they owned was in Thailand,inc house and furniture.

So what happened? They went back to Malaysia? What Malaysia officers said when they went back, they did not have Thailand exit stamps ->problem?

So what happened? They went back to Malaysia? What Malaysia officers said when they went back, they did not have Thailand exit stamps ->problem?

In cases like that Malaysia can cancel the exit stamp. More irrelevant stuff.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

it is not allowed on here to ask about losing your passport to gain entry into Thailand. Also your details including name and Date of birth are registered on the system. In the UK if you lose a passport, then on the back page of the new one there is a statement stating that you lost the previous one and the old passport number.

Why you assume that a passport has to get lost in order to get an new one, and why do you assume that other countries have the same rules as the UK?

The OP can look himself at what are his options to get a new passport in his country. That would avoid him time and money spent getting a visa in Malaysia, if he doesn't fancy that idea.

A USA passport can be replaced anytime during the time the passport is valid, for a fee of course. Theoretically one can get a new passport a week or a month after receiving their present passport. No reason needed, but "I don't like the look of the picture, or "it got wet" or whatever could be a good reason. Egypt may have some very different rules. The UK rule to print the previous passport number in the back of the new one sound real good to me.

--------------------

That may well be true, but I can absolutely verify that anyone "losing" a U.S. passport or 'replacing a defaced" U.S, passport these days goes through a stringent background check before a new passport is issued, and a notation of him or her losing that passport is put in their permanent database record nowadays.

Security rules.

It's gonna be long day for you to find all "irrelevant stuff" on this forum, good luck!

"That may well be true, but I can absolutely verify that anyone "losing" a U.S. passport or 'replacing a defaced" U.S, passport these days goes through a stringent background check before a new passport is issued, and a notation of him or her losing that passport is put in their permanent database record nowadays."

The item of a lost passport is also in the Thai Immigration database. The last time I lost one was in 2006, here in Thailand, made the police report, got a new 10-year replacement at the U.S. Consulate in Bangkok. Now and then when going or coming from a visit to Laos the Thai Immigration officer comments on the lost passport. Not a problem, tho, just making conversation.

Mac

It's gonna be long day for you to find all "irrelevant stuff" on this forum, good luck!

Topic is about consulate refusing visa. Goes off topic about Malaysia border, you get your answer but have to waste more sarcasm. Keep doing!

Edited by paz

past 40 years of having a US passport have had many lost/stolen or washed,( maybe 6 ) never any trouble getting a new one an since the first one have never had one issued in the states.

I don't think the OP, a French national, qualifies for a US passport.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app