England street is it too much to ask for?

Grateful farang

Hello

I know we farang are not allowed to own land or property in thailand.

But is it too much for us to have a street/small soi named after our homeland?

England street or britain street?

We can peacefully display the union jack there and the flag of st george.

We are not wanting to colonize the place but just have a soi, where we can have pubs, fish and chip shops, pie and mash shops, and a corner shop where we can buy stuff like back in england.

The yanks can have a usa street?

The russians can have a russia or moscow street?

The aussies can have a australian street?

The dutch can have a holland street?

The indians can have a india or ghandi street?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well you can get most of that spread all over BKK and Patts.

But if it is all to be contained in one exclusive place, it would be treated as a sort of English theme park, and before you know it, the place will be heaving with Thais, Chinese and Jap tourists snapping photos and selfies for their facebooks. Especially getting pics of the adult version of a chimp's tea party.

Then before you know it, there is another England Street opens up next door, then one down the road and one round the corner... Original ideas don't last long here if there is a couple of baht to be made.

• Like 2

In the US, some big cities have what they themselves call "Chinatown." I like the one in San Francisco. It's been there "forever."

When you enter it you know you're in it. The architecture, things for sale, restaurants - everything has a Chinese flavor and it was done by the Chinese immigrants who naturally tended to group together in the city. It is a fantastic place.

Images of Chinatown, San Francisco

You could certainly lease a few blocks in Thailand and start your own "Londontown."

Edited by NeverSure

"We are not wanting to colonize the place but just have a soi, where we can have pubs, fish and chip shops, pie and mash shops, and a corner shop where we can buy stuff like back in england."

You'll find all of those in England. If you expect them in Thailand then you're in the wrong place. facepalm.gif

• Like 2

Maybe I'm just being dense, but what exactly is being asked for? Are we talking some kind of enclave, similar to the likes of the various Chinatowns all over the world?

But I'm just a denso 'merican so no wonder I'm confused!

typical English man cant bring himself to mention a taff st. with brains beer,faggots and peas,pork brawn,leek soup,cawl and roaming sheep.oh and a flag with the red dragon on.

WAKE UP,WAKE UP TAFF YOUR NOODLES ARE READY.

• Like 2

OP, if you need to do that to identify, you would be better off going to Spain, save on the airfare.

The Brits seem to have been able to mess certain areas up there for the last 4 decades quite well..................................wink.png

typical English man cant bring mself to mention a taff st. with brains beer,faggots and peas,pork brawn,leek soup,cawl and roaming sheep.oh and a flag with the red dragon on.

I was going to ask about the 'roaming sheep'...but was afraid of the possible answer! LOL

I want to run
I want to hide
I want to tear down the walls
That hold me inside
I want to reach out
And touch the flame
Where the streets have no name

I want to feel, sunlight on my face
See that dust cloud disappear without a trace
I want to take shelter from the poison rain

We're still building
Then burning down love, burning down love
And when I go there
I go there with you
(It's all I can do)

The cities a flood
And our love turns to rust
We're beaten and blown by the wind
Trampled into dust

I'll show you a place
High on the desert plain

Still building
Then burning down love
Burning down love

And when I go there
I go there with you
(It's all I can do)

Maybe, on this occasion a Bridge Street is more appropiate.

... coffee1.gif

Brits play dominos, David, not bridge. They also like indoor bowls, solitaire, whips and chains, chip butties (at the same time as the whips and chains), faggots (ditto), cups of lukewarm tea, pints of lukewarm beer and Coronation Street.

So there you go - call it Coronation Street. Best place in town to avoid. :)

Maybe I'm just being dense, but what exactly is being asked for? Are we talking some kind of enclave, similar to the likes of the various Chinatowns all over the world?

But I'm just a denso 'merican so no wonder I'm confused!

A typical English main street consists of a Tesco, Boots Drugstore, Indian Restaurant, Turkish Kebab House, Thai Restaurant, Chinese Takeaway, a Pakistani mini-mart, Half a dozen Pubs, a Charity Shop and various Clothes Shops.

Edited by ATF
  • Like 1

The yanks can have a usa street?
The russians can have a russia or moscow street?
The aussies can have a australian street?
The dutch can have a holland street?
The indians can have a india or ghandi street?

Why do I always feel left out?sad.png

• Like 2

typical English man cant bring himself to mention a taff st. with brains beer,faggots and peas,pork brawn,leek soup,cawl and roaming sheep.oh and a flag with the red dragon on.

No wonder they call you meatboy......I love all that stuff, but technically you should call yourself offalboy.

In the US, some big cities have what they themselves call "Chinatown." I like the one in San Francisco. It's been there "forever."

When you enter it you know you're in it. The architecture, things for sale, restaurants - everything has a Chinese flavor and it was done by the Chinese immigrants who naturally tended to group together in the city. It is a fantastic place.

You could certainly lease a few blocks in Thailand and start your own "Londontown."

lostsoul49 is right....it would probably become a tourist attraction.

There is a China town in Bangkok and Little Arabia, Little India, J(apenese) Avenue. Sri Racha is known as Little Japan as it's full of Japanese people, massage parlours, restaurants, snack places etc.

And Pattaya, is there anywhere that resembles Thailand ?

how about a little Britain street in pattaya for british pubs.

representing WALES,THE FAT COCK [MONMOUTH]

representing SCOTLAND,DIRTY DICKS [ENDINBURGH]

representing IRELAND,THE COCK TAVERN [DUBLIN]

AND NOT FORGETTING ENGLAND,WHERE THERE ARE MANY THE COCK AND BULL.