Sonic Cat Repellents in Thailand

Hi

There are at least 8 cats living directly opposite my house in a derelict lot but a guy from up the road keeps feeding them every day so they aren't moving on. Every day I wake up and open my front door to see at least a couple of cat turds right in front of my gate, the smell of cat sh!t and p!ss wafting into my house and a bunch of flies buzzing around.

I believe this represents a health risk. Does anyone know of anywhere in Thailand where I can buy one of those sonic cat repellents which has a motion sensor and emits a high pitched (not audible to humans) noise that encourages cats to vacate the area? I'm in Bangkok but anywhere in Thailand will do.

I looked on things like Amazon but I don't think they deliver to Thailand. Thanks a lot for any help on this.

15P

What's a "sonic cat"?

I understand there are companies in the States where you can order off Amazon, get the goods shipped to the company, and they will then send them on to you in Thailand. That might be a solution if you can't find anything locally.

Incidentally, cats like to "perform" where they've previously done their business. It's best to remove all evidence of the act promptly, then wash the area if possible to break the habit. You can also buy cat repellent chemicals at pet shops. Some are for indoor use, others for outdoors so you need to read the label before buying.

It's one of those furry things that stares you down. However much you want to out stare it, it will always win.

Sonic cats rule. It gets worse if there are numerous ones all staring at you like you are a piece of muck. I almost had to have a course of valium because of it.

Edited by Patsycat

@ OP I don't know what area you live in but if your anywhere near a Tiger Zoo for example buy some tiger poo and put it outside your gate or where ever you choose, put some outside the house of the guy that feeds them..

All these chemicals you can buy do not work in most cases, cats can smell a bigger cat by their poo and if you put tiger poo down they will not come near your house.

I cant speak for the sonic repellents but I had a read up on it once and they seem to breakdown easily after a few months.

Edited by rhythmworx

Just sit on your tropical paradise balcony with a plant spray full of water. At certain moments when the cats come near spray them.

No need to harm the wee things. But then you might get one that likes water, beware, Those stick to you like glue. Swanning around in your pond, catching all the fishes.

Edited by Patsycat

Mr rhythmworx (whatever that means) this is a the Plants and Pets part of TV.

Where people like animals, and try to find a solution to a problem. I think "shooting them" does not come into that equation.

If i was not a polite person, i would tell you to F off.

• Like 1

I have the same problem with cats too at the moment, I am sick to death of the pooing in my garden and waking me up when they are having sex or fighting.

They have become a nuisance and are contributing to making my old aged dog paranoid if one is on his turf or not.

To me they are vermin, that is just my opinion and there are laws here on me dealing with them.

I cant get hold of any Lion or Tiger poo here.