Recommendations : seeking condo to purchase

binjalin

budget around 5m for one bed 50 sq meter (ish) - seeking nice well run building - pool etc.

VT6 is great central location any thoughts? any alternatives? pricing? value? prefer central location or easy access to it

thanks in advance

• Like 1

budget around 5m for one bed 50 sq meter (ish) - seeking nice well run building - pool etc.

VT6 is great central location any thoughts?

100KB/sqm is a lot for Pattaya. Even the new luxury buildings can be had for less than that.

Asking prices for a good unit in VT6 should not be a lot more than half that, but watch out for the potential loss of the nice view when they build on the empty plot next door. If you want to experience true horror go into the Central car park and look at the VT6 units just a couple of yards away.

Also bear in mind that a 48sqm unit in VT6 will be a studio whereas in most newer buildings it would be a 1-bed (even a 2-bed in some). Of course many people prefer to have a large studio rather than a 1-bed with small rooms. I certainly do.

You might like to check out the many low-rise condo buildings at the back of the Avenue. Also the Base and Sea Centric if you prefer high rises.

Unless you are very sure about what you want and expect to own for a long time then renting is probably a better bet.

Edited by KittenKong

VT6 is great central location any thoughts?

100KB/sqm is a lot for Pattaya. Even the new luxury buildings can be had for less than that.

Asking prices for a good unit in VT6 should not be a lot more than half that, but watch out for the potential loss of the nice view when they build on the empty plot next door. If you want to experience true horror go into the Central car park and look at the VT6 units just a couple of yards away.

Also bear in mind that a 48sqm unit in VT6 will be a studio whereas in most newer buildings it would be a 1-bed (even a 2-bed in some). Of course many people prefer to have a large studio rather than a 1-bed with small rooms. I certainly do.

You might like to check out the many low-rise condo buildings at the back of the Avenue. Also the Base and Sea Centric if you prefer high rises.

Unless you are very sure about what you want and expect to own for a long time then renting is probably a better bet.

Thanks but I own and live in chiang mai and want to purchase for a second home. Yes I was aware of that plot and a monster would be built that side :)

there are no units for 2.5m in VT6 that I have seen - cheapest 3m and normally around 4m

just wondering if there are hidden gems

100KB/sqm is a lot for Pattaya.

Even the new luxury buildings can be had for less than that.

Please tell us how

I would be pleased to buy in WaterFront at 100 kB/sqm ...

I didnt say that all units in all new buildings could be had for 100KB/sqm. But many can.

there are no units for 2.5m in VT6 that I have seen - cheapest 3m and normally around 4m

48sqm for 3MB = 62.5KB/sqm, or not a lot more than half of 100K as I mentioned.

Asking prices are only a starting point for negotiation as far as I'm concerned.

Find a motivated seller or dont bother...owners ask stupid prices and their units remain unsold for years and years. The resale market is highly illiquid and public asking prices mean nothing. Pattaya condo market is like a roach hotel...checkin...get stuck...never check out....as I said, rent dont buy

Sent from my GT-I8262 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Find a motivated seller or dont bother...owners ask stupid prices and their units remain unsold for years and years. The resale market is highly illiquid and public asking prices mean nothing. Pattaya condo market is like a roach hotel...checkin...get stuck...never check out....as I said, rent dont buy

Don't listen to the naysayers who bought in at high prices and are stuck with their units. As stated, there are plenty of motivated sellers around and good buy can be found. If you find a place you like and the price is right, don't hesitate to buy...especially if you will use it yourself for the long term. The VT units also have pretty good rental programs so you can make a little bit on the side when you're not using your unit. However, if you're more in it for the short term, then by all means rent.

• Like 1

do you mind? stop saying RENT as I have stated I will buy... thanks

back to the thread - I am looking to BUY a second home in Pattaya central or maybe north 50 sq meters and above (probably 70)

It will be my second 'home' for holiday flings and I don't need to hear the 'rent don't buy' argument thanks!

Don't listen to the naysayers who bought in at high prices and are stuck with their units. As stated, there are plenty of motivated sellers around and good buy can be found. If you find a place you like and the price is right, don't hesitate to buy...especially if you will use it yourself for the long term. The VT units also have pretty good rental programs so you can make a little bit on the side when you're not using your unit. However, if you're more in it for the short term, then by all means rent.

exactly thanks I have bought many times in Thailand and done well and like owning a place where I can do what I want

not worried about renting out as the whole purpose is to have my stuff there thumbsup.gif

not worried about increase in value but living space and location thanks for info

do you mind? stop saying RENT as I have stated I will buy... thanks

back to the thread - I am looking to BUY a second home in Pattaya central or maybe north 50 sq meters and above (probably 70)

It will be my second 'home' for holiday flings and I don't need to hear the 'rent don't buy' argument thanks!

Rent

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I'm not an expat and only come to Pattaya for a 30 day holiday once or twice a year, but I always stay in VT6. I like the location very much.

As KittenKong mentioned, buying on the south side before knowing what's (one day) going to be built on the large vacant plot next door, is dangerous.

An alternative would be a condo on the north side on a high floor (22 or above), more at the back of the building, avoiding the ridiculous Hilton on top of Central Festival.

There are some 1 bedroom units available in VT6 (and I don't mean double units).

They are located at the emergency exits.

Perhaps you should visit VT6 and have a look at the floor plan.

• Like 1

50sqm (48 mostly) is a very common size in VT6 but you wont find many at 70sqm. As I mentioned previously you first need to decide whether you want a studio/open-plan layout or whether you prefer separate bedroom(s). Then you need to decide whether a (sea) view is important. Based on that it will be quite easy to rule out some buildings.

If you dont care about being on a high floor then the many condos behind the Avenue shopping centre should offer the best value and choice in that area though I suspect there will be a glut there soon if there isnt already. You will find both resales and off-plan units there now.

If you dont mind being out towards Wong Amat/Naklua there are some quite good value older units around 70sqm, as there are in Jomtien, with an interesting choice of floor plans.

• Like 1

50sqm (48 mostly) is a very common size in VT6 but you wont find many at 70sqm. As I mentioned previously you first need to decide whether you want a studio/open-plan layout or whether you prefer separate bedroom(s). Then you need to decide whether a (sea) view is important. Based on that it will be quite easy to rule out some buildings.

If you dont care about being on a high floor then the many condos behind the Avenue shopping centre should offer the best value and choice in that area though I suspect there will be a glut there soon if there isnt already. You will find both resales and off-plan units there now.

If you dont mind being out towards Wong Amat/Naklua there are some quite good value older units around 70sqm, as there are in Jomtien, with an interesting choice of floor plans.

Hi yes I am looking at City Garden and others there - location looks perfect. I live in Chiang Mai and only need a place as a pied a terre, like you, for short stays.

Plan is come down every 6/8 weeks for couple weeks. Sea view is 'nice' but as it's not my 'home' it's not crucial. Bored with staying in hotels a few times every year and there is nothing like have your own 'stuff' and no more suitcase travelling.

The other option is North? up near Drinking Street - maybe Citismart? something like that? thanks for info

City Garden Pattaya, great location, well kept with good facilties and managment and reasonably priced.

Humm... Your point of view. Seems rather expensive to me, buy & rent, and rather empty too.

Location? View on nothing else than buildings, no baht bus, a new noisy school building just near south buildings, new constructions to come on S/E,... Not so great I think.

I am looking to BUY a second home in Pattaya central or maybe north 50 sq meters and above (probably 70)

50sqm (48 mostly) is a very common size in VT6 but you wont find many at 70sqm.

Right. And don't forget that condos like VT6 are aimed at holidays and then have a rather big terrace. That mean that the living area (inside) is about 38 sqm only. Ok for holidays, but you would need 2 such aparts (a double unit) to live in wink.png

I am looking to BUY a second home in Pattaya central or maybe north 50 sq meters and above (probably 70)

50sqm (48 mostly) is a very common size in VT6 but you wont find many at 70sqm.

Right. And don't forget that condos like VT6 are aimed at holidays and then have a rather big terrace. That mean that the living area (inside) is about 38 sqm only. Ok for holidays, but you would need 2 such aparts (a double unit) to live in wink.png

I love vt6 ,those views into the car park are great for watching cars come and go ,and then you can sit out on the veranda and wave to the shoppers.