Need info re: Playa Thai Sky Train Station

tezzainoz

I have a friend arriving from the Phillipines and they will land at the Big Air port

They will then catch the airport all stops sky train to Playa Thai Station where I will meet them

Hoping some one can help me with information on this station and a good place for them to go so we can meet.

I have only once gone from the station to the airport my self but the memory has faded. never used it on a return trip.

As I came in on Sky train to this station, at this time, if I remember correct the normal sky train comes in on a lower level and the Airport train is on a higher level. is this correct or not?

I am sure there is only one entrance and exit to the airport platform, can some one correct me on this

what I am looking for is something close to the exit from the platform, where I can stand, where this person who speaks no Thai, I can tell them to look for, and go to, need to be close to the airport platform exit next to the ticket machine's

Or maybe a large poster on the wall, etc etc

any help with this will be appreciated

Edited by tezzainoz

How about Exit 1? There is always an Exit 1 in every station and there can only be one in any station . . .

OMG in thailand if you ask someone exit one

he will think you travel alone ( just 1 person)

I think we need something a little more certain than that

How about Exit 1? There is always an Exit 1 in every station and there can only be one in any station . . .

In Thailand if you ask someone where exit 1 is, they will think that you want to know where exit 1 is.

If you fail to ask them in a way that they can understand, they may think you're asking about something else.

national+stadium+bts+exit+1.JPG

Yes, it's actually from the BTS. You're welcome.

Edited by Trembly
  • Like 1

Tell your friend to head towards the BTS station. It is physically separate from the Airport train station, but connected by a short walkway. As there is only one connecting walkway, it seems like a good spot to meet. Not sure what the exit number from the airport train is though.

• Like 1

If you are in Bangkok, take the Skytrain and go visit the Phaya Thai Station and the access to the Airport Rail Link. You will be able to

find yourself a meeting point that you can describe to your arriving friends.

In Thailand if you ask someone where exit 1 is, they will think that you want to know where exit 1 is.

If you fail to ask them in a way that they can understand, they may think you're asking about something else.

Can you please tell me whee this sign is at Playa Thai Airport platform

as no one but you seems to know

or is this something you just downloaded from the net, and has nothing to do with playa Thai station

Tell your friend to head towards the BTS station. It is physically separate from the Airport train station, but connected by a short walkway. As there is only one connecting walkway, it seems like a good spot to meet. Not sure what the exit number from the airport train is though.

Sorry that is as clear as mud

please tell me when you come through the ticket machjine at the exit do you turn left or right

Is the bts on the same level or underneath the sky train was something I ask and you did not answer

thanks for any help

If you are in Bangkok, take the Skytrain and go visit the Phaya Thai Station and the access to the Airport Rail Link. You will be able to

find yourself a meeting point that you can describe to your arriving friends.

I am trying to get information on a meeting point

I will be arriving at the station by taxi, not a sky train

Not much use me finding a meeting point when I arrive

They are the ones I need to tell before they arrive what to look for

please tell me when you come through the ticket machjine at the exit do you turn left or right

Is the bts on the same level or underneath the sky train was something I ask and you did not answer

thanks for any help

The two train stations are separate entities, but close together and separated by a short walkway. BTS is at a lower height above the road than the airport train (a completely irrelevant fact).

Have your friend follow the signs to BTS. If I recall, no left or right turn when you come down the escalator, just straight on to the BTS station.

If you are in Bangkok, go and see for yourself. Otherwise try google. Should be lots of photos on the internet.

Can you please tell me whee this sign is at Playa Thai Airport platform

as no one but you seems to know

or is this something you just downloaded from the net, and has nothing to do with playa Thai station

Do you think Phaya Thai station doesn't also have an Exit 1?

Do you think that the signs have a different design for every station?

Do you know how to use your eyes and walk?

If it is really so difficult for you, why don't you print out that picture and show the staff when you get there?

Edited by Trembly

thanks for any help

The two train stations are separate entities, but close together and separated by a short walkway. BTS is at a lower height above the road than the airport train (a completely irrelevant fact).

Have your friend follow the signs to BTS. If I recall, no left or right turn when you come down the escalator, just straight on to the BTS station.

If you are in Bangkok, go and see for yourself. Otherwise try google. Should be lots of photos on the internet.

I am not in Bkk

I am in Kalasin, so thank you for the idea but it is useless in my case

and by the time I get there it will be to late to to send them an email as they will already be in the plane on their way to Bangers

Tried google this was my first try, but no photos

But if you know of some I would appreciate a link

I think the train currently only goes as far as Makkasan, not Phaya Thai. I read that that part is closed for 12 months for renovations.

thanks for your posting but that is only the express line

the all stops still goes all the way to Platya Thai

I think the train currently only goes as far as Makkasan, not Phaya Thai. I read that that part is closed for 12 months for renovations.

I'm glad to hear that because it's the local line that I usually use. Quicker getting that than waiting ages for the Express train.

It's Phaya Thai

Suggest arrange to meet on the walkway near the beginning of it. i.e. At the Airport Rail link end. Be specific about whether you will stand to their left or right side. If they just wait a few minutes after a train arrives for the crowd to disperse there won't be so many people on the ww and you will be easy to spot.

There are several photos of the walkway on Tripadvisor but it seems TA will not allow links direct to the pics.

Edited by Lancashirelad