Belgian National Staying for 33 days inclusive

A Mother and Daughter (aged 14 years), Belgian citizens, Arriving Thailand (Suvarnabhumi) and Departing also by air on evening of 22 August.

Which is 33 days INCLUDING the day of travel.

If they just take the 30 day waiver visa on arrival - can they go to a regular Immigration office in say, Pattaya to extend until their exit date 3 days later?

Is there a charge for this?

Is it better to do a visa run ?

How many days BEFORE the date of expiry should they do the visa extension?

Thank you in anticipation your assistance,

Edited by stoffel45

Best is to apply for a tourist visa for the both of you before you leave, this gives you upon entry a stay of up to 60 days.

---------------------------

As Mario2008 said, you can get a tourist visa.

Or be prepared to pay for 3 days overstay at 500 Baht per day for overstay fine(s).

But I think that your daughter may not be tagged with overstay as she is under 15 ....but I'm not really sure exactly what the age cutoff is.

You can not extend your visa because you won't have one.

What you will get on arrival is a non visa entry of 30 days. Since it is not a visa you can't extend it.

Mario:

Right .....it's been a long day and I'm tired.

Modified my original post.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

No need to get a visa and there is a perfectly legal alternative to overstay.

Once in Thailand, go to any immigration office and get a 7 days extension for 1,900 Bt. No need to give any reason or documentation.

• Like 1

First of all MANY Thanks for all your input.

Yes they DO have the possibility of a Tourist Visa - but it has become a hell of a schlep. It's a Mum and daughter on holiday, bad divorce, husband won't sign the permissions required by the Thai Consulate in Belgium - which means getting the custody order WITH a signed letter from an Advocate.

The visa costs 30 euro and yes it can be for 59 days. The Advocate charges 230 euro for the accompanying letter for the Consulate or they will NOT give the visa.

The 32 days plus the day of departure (33 days) is due to flights. Either they cut 4 days off the holiday or leave on the 22nd August.

Overstays: I visited too many foreigners in jail in Thailand to even think about overstay. I had one prisoner who was less than 8 hours overstay.

Clutchclark - if there is ANY reason why Police may ask for a passport before you 'surrender' your passport and are charged the overstay at the airport - then it is off to jail and that is up to six weeks of pure Hell. So gang canny.

Paz, thank you, I will reply to your post separately.

Thanks again to all, Stoffel

Once in Thailand, go to any immigration office and get a 7 days extension for 1,900 Bt. No need to give any reason or documentation.

Just one point Paz.

Remembering that they are given a "Waiver of visa" on arrival.

Is it still possible to "Extend" this - 7 days would be perfect?

If you are not certain - please let me know.

Thanking you in anticipation,

Stoffel

Just one point Paz.

Remembering that they are given a "Waiver of visa" on arrival.

Is it still possible to "Extend" this - 7 days would be perfect?

If you are not certain - please let me know.

Thanking you in anticipation,

Stoffel

7 days extension "to vacate country" is given once for any type of stay, visa or visa-exempt. I obtained it myself once or twice, on separate occasions. If you want to save a little time and money bring your own pictures.

Edited by paz

You are talking about a visa exempt entry and they can be extended (actually it's an extension denial) for 1900 baht each at immigration. The problem that you MIGHT have is that is you have tickets exiting Thailand 33 days after you enter the AIRLINE might not let you board your flight! It would be best to get single entry tourist visa, they are actually cheaper than the extensions and you don't have to put up with all of the lunatics, us, at immigration.

• Like 1