Are these guys TV members?

quadman

Glad you don't feel it does, there may be hope yet. However being a member for about 3 weeks now, I'd say give yourself some more time.

Edited by quadman

Glad you don't feel it does, there may be hope yet. However being a member for about 3 weeks now, I'd say give yourself some more time.

Lot of bitter failures without a proper job, visa or work permit. Dont sweat

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Lot of bitter failures without a proper job, visa or work permit. Dont sweat

I hear ya, and I tend to agree. But while I'm still in love with Thailand, and my Thai wife, and Thai Visa it's just very disconcerting trying to wade through the crap of 'anti-Thai" postings from those (pretending) to live in a country without actually participating in the surrounding culture, just criticizing it.

Actually often enough those noises come from Verran members, makes me worry that it's just a matter of time before I'll feel that way too.... Because, yes mine IS different.....:). 555

And how long you been in Thailand oh wise one one ?

And no porkies now

Your making assumptions based on when somebody joined TV, for all you know the poster has been here years and has only just joined TV

Edited by Soutpeel

And no porkies now

Your making assumptions based on when somebody joined TV, for all you know the poster has been here years and has only just joined TV

Long enough to see that many on here grow cynical but don't leave.

Stay where you're happy, go away from where you can't appreciate.

..... I know, tricky concept when there is cheap lodgings, beer and broads.

..... I ain't wise, just still stupidly happy to be among them... (The Thais)

Go ahead.... I realize I just drew a bullseye for the bored.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Edited by quadman

I think its how ppl on here pick appart anything that someone posts.. ps what was the bar fine for the donkey.. where did you meet her?

Yup, that is exactly what I mean....

..... The post referring to 'wise one' suggest it ain't just for Thai bashing anymore....

Thank Buddha for new members, cause I'm sure many come for the informative posts and extra info that TV can provide, but leave due to the old sour apples....

BTW, generalizing anyone or anything is simply immature....

Sure, there are stereotypes, but to suggest in anyway that TV does not have MORE than an average count of old cynics who stay despite seemingly hating the place and the people seems naive if not ignorant.

Thanks Soutpeel for assisting me in making my point.

Edited by quadman

And no porkies now

That might be a big assumption. I think quad man makes a good point though.

It must be awful for illegal workers, visa runners etc...

Seems to be a fair few with questionable visa status here.

Sorry, I saw another thread you are in about duck hunting. I hope to see a TVF duck hunting club soon

Thanks muck wallet... Hope ya hang in there.

I DID make the assumption that if muck wallet had just joined, maybe he had not yet consumed too much of the crap that too often floats through TV... Offering nothing informative other than a possible insight that too many posers ( sorry I meant posters) on TV have been burned, don't like the culture or the people, but yet choose to remain among them criticizing.

Maybe no where else to go?!

We're here cause we choose to be in Thailand among the Thais, or why else?

This is North America and/or Europe 50 years ago (in many ways).... And I think the 'backward simple' ways are quaint, enjoyable and relaxing.

Sorry if anyone offended....:)

Edited by quadman

I heard a story once about a western tourist sitting on a Thai Beach. The tourist observed a Thai fisherman going out every morning at 8 o'clock and coming back at 12 o'clock with a full bucket of fish.

After a few days of observing this, the western tourist spoke to the Thai fisherman. He advised the Thai fisherman that maybe he would be better able to satisfy his life if he stayed out until six or seven in the evening and came back with two or three buckets of fish.

He told the Thai fisherman that after a couple years of this he could potentially buy a bigger boat, hire some staff, and plan to have a relaxing peaceful life 10-15 years in the future with lots of money and time to relax.

The Thai fisherman replied, that's what he did after 12 o'clock every day, enjoyed his life with the money that he had just made.

I don't know about you, but for me, that story holds a lot of weight, I admire that mentality, even if it is not native to me.

How long have I been here, not so long at seven years. But I choose to run my US and Canadian businesses (during NA business hours), and now my Thai business, from Bangkok. Enjoying my life every day, trying to learn something about enjoying life from the Thai people.

I enjoy the simplicity of the country, they know how to enjoy their day, their life. I am in no way suggesting they are simpletons, just that most enjoy living simple.

Okay now it's your turn, go ahead and poke some fun.

Edited by quadman
  • Like 1

you dont have to swallow the crap that floats round on this site,,

there are some right tossers on here and if you stay around long enough youll spot them,

even i might add when they leave and come back as some one else, we most of us old cynics can spot them a mile off,

have a good day,

jake

And no porkies now

Make that re-joined