Please explain the 'three finger salute' banned by the military

jaideeguy

I've heard that a three finger salute was banned and punishable by the military and asked my wife 'which three fingers?' and she held up [first from the thumb] three fingers side by side and then another version with three fingers up with the first 2 in a V with the last two together and said that was also banned. Getting kinda confused about this finger policy and scared that I may accidentally have my fingers held in the banned position, as I occasionally get these finger cramps.

Can anyone explain the exact 3 finger position that is banned and what is the origin and meaning of it??

I did recently see it being used in 'The Hunger Games' movie, but that couldn't be the origin..................or could it??

Jaideeguy still worried about the military visit to your village to weed out the rabid reds who are hiding war weapons,

He's probably afraid it'll be another Agincourt scenario when the longbow archers got their two fingers cut off by the French.

Just asking ...................and as usual the same no serious answer from the bored keyboard warriors that think they are funny and mostly have nothing useful to say.

Finally tx with a decent reply, thanks...............what's this about eating sandwiches?? I did hear something about that, but never heard the whole story.

Edited by jaideeguy

Just asking ...................and as usual the same no serious answer from the bored keyboard warriors that think they are funny and mostly have nothing useful to say.

Finally tx with a decent reply, thanks...............what's this about eating sandwiches?? I did hear something about that, but never heard the whole story.

Seems your clearly frustrated that your side got a spanking and then starting alarmist threads.

I would check your blood pressure it might go through the roof because of the junta.. then the best you can do is visit dubai to get it back down.

Policy In General Regarding Thailand Election/Political Discussions
As a result of the great increase in posts about politics in Thailand, we are requesting that members keep political discussion confined to threads already open in the Thailand News Forum.
Non-political topics in General which are hijacked with political arguments will see posts removed without further notice.

Members who cannot comply with our request will risk a posting suspension.

And let's not forget NO discussion of the Monarchy in a political context. An immediate ban is possible.

Link to forum rules regarding the Monarchy: Here

Thanks for your understanding and participation on Thaivisa.

Thaivisa moderating team