Electrician required to remove damaged f-con piggy back ecu, reinstate sr20det ecu

Had my F-con piggy back ecu remapped, it burnt out next morning after 30 seconds of engine running, F-con Bangkok say it cannot be repaired.

Does any one know of a good electrician who can check and reinstate the original SR20 DET ECU.

The engine also has a turbo and sard injectors.

Have had no luck with people saying they will turn up and sort the problem.

Luckily the car is at my home in Pattaya Near the Dolphin Round about at the bottom of Pattaya Nua Road. but cannot be driven.

Regards Tom

This guy will come for sure

Pick - 0813061144

You will need standard injectors fitted back into the engine as the std ecu doesn't like bigger injectors.

If you wanna sell the injectors/f-con let me know smile.png

Edited by Murf

Had my F-con piggy back ecu remapped, it burnt out next morning after 30 seconds of engine running, F-con Bangkok say it cannot be repaired.

Does any one know of a good electrician who can check and reinstate the original SR20 DET ECU.

The engine also has a turbo and sard injectors.

Have had no luck with people saying they will turn up and sort the problem.

Luckily the car is at my home in Pattaya Near the Dolphin Round about at the bottom of Pattaya Nua Road. but cannot be driven.

Regards Tom

Firstly, who remapped the F-Con, was it tuned on dyno or road?

Were there any problems during tuning? When you say 'burnt out' what exactly do you mean?

The F-Con was remapped on the road, by K.Bon, he was recommended by a member of this website, he called to see me with a colleague adjacent to my home on his way back from Bira, agreed to pay him 10000 Baht, he did not make a charge for the work, which surprised me.

The F-Con started to smoke after 30 seconds of running the engine next morning, turned off ignition, disconnected the battery.

A burnt out diode or transistor as well as a chip were both in evidence after the acrid burning smell.

As far as I know no problems were evident during the tuning, an exhaust gas analiser was used as well as a lap top connected.

Regards Tom

The F-Con was remapped on the road, by K.Bon, he was recommended by a member of this website, he called to see me with a colleague adjacent to my home on his way back from Bira, agreed to pay him 10000 Baht, he did not make a charge for the work, which surprised me.

The F-Con started to smoke after 30 seconds of running the engine next morning, turned off ignition, disconnected the battery.

A burnt out diode or transistor as well as a chip were both in evidence after the acrid burning smell.

As far as I know no problems were evident during the tuning, an exhaust gas analiser was used as well as a lap top connected.

Regards Tom

Sounds strange that you didn't have to pay the 10k for the tune......from my experience normally you don't pay if there's an issue with the tuning or if the tune is incomplete and needs re-doing at a later date.

I think for you to change back to the standard ecu would probably be more costly than just sourcing a replacement f-con, is it a silver or a gold and what model is it?

If you change back to the standard ecu you'll have to change the injectors as mentioned before, also you mention the turbo - if this has been changed then you'd also probably need to change the turbo back to the standard one also. Then other things like fuel pump etc. etc.

Not 100% sure but I think the f-con maybe the same unit for most cars, only the loom that connects it to the standard ecu is different.

Normally the f-con gold is around 30-40k second hand depending on what model it is.

Hi All, thank you for input, I did think at the time, why did he not charge me. Looks like my best bet is to install a new F-Con ECU, will start to look around for a unit.

Regards Tom

Or cut the grief put a N/A sr20 in it, decrease your fuel consumption, have a vehicle you can use, increase the number of people that may want to buy it,sell the det to the gymkhana fraternity .

Hi All, when replacing the old silver F-Con ECU, with a new F-Con, is just a matter wiring in, using the harness that is already in place, plug and play so to speak?. All the connectors do appear to be the same as the old.

Does the new F-CON come in standard middle of the road tune, which then needs to be remapped to suit the engine set up I have now?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards Tom

Hi All, when replacing the old silver F-Con ECU, with a new F-Con, is just a matter wiring in, using the harness that is already in place, plug and play so to speak?. All the connectors do appear to be the same as the old.

Does the new F-CON come in standard middle of the road tune, which then needs to be remapped to suit the engine set up I have now?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards Tom

Yes, should plug and play using the existing harness.

Will need re-tuning to match your modifications.

Hi All, after being in touch with an e-bay seller, and after seeing photos of my engine, SR20DET, Garret 20G Turbo, Sard Injectors and wiring harness, he says the HKS F-CON 42011-AK003 will not work and that I will need to use either a Silver or Gold F-CON ECU, would you agree with this scenario.

post-71388-0-02334400-1405346336_thumb.j

post-71388-0-88039400-1405346368_thumb.j

post-71388-0-98335800-1405346395_thumb.j

post-71388-0-83577300-1405346422_thumb.j

post-71388-0-42501300-1405346451_thumb.j

post-71388-0-66073400-1405346481_thumb.j

post-71388-0-30322600-1405346511_thumb.j

post-71388-0-94101700-1405346543_thumb.j

post-71388-0-23368200-1405346569_thumb.j

post-71388-0-93282000-1405346583_thumb.j