Request Timeout

AyG

I use TOT WifFi in Ayutthaya and it's been terrible for a couple of days now. I had an outage of about 24 hours last weekend and another on Tueday. Hasn't been the same since, regardless of browser. And, yup, I've cleaned the cache, updated plug-ins, etc., all to no avail. Nothing to do but wait and see, I guess.

I am experiencing this for many weeks too. I know international bandwidth at night is slow but this also happens during daytime and also on thai websites.

My guess this is updated thai national firewall. Probably every HTTP requested website will be tested before you get your result on your browser. This will consume a lot processing power and I think sometimes the system slows down and then refuses connections. So now everyone can be assured all HTTP (not HTTPS) traffic will be logged right now! So be careful what you are doing without HTTPS

Edited by SoFarAndNear

So be careful what you are doing without HTTPS

HTTPS isn't completely secure. The ip address and port number (and in certain cases the website name) are not encrypted, so the spymasters can usually work out the web server you visit, (though not the actual page - unless of course, they can break the encryption, which they probably can).