Best buffets in pattaya

Jiimmy

Apart from the Hilton dinner buffets (950, a bit more on Fridays when the focus is on seafood), my current 2 favourites are:

1. AKA: Japanese buffet with a difference. You don't leave your seat. You just check what you want on a list and they bring it to your table for you to cook on a special grill. 399++ There's one in Central Mall and one in Royal Garden Plaza.

2. Oishi Express at The Avenue: 519 nett.

• 1 year later...

All Seasons Steak Buffet on the 5th floor of Central Festival is a decent moderately priced option. At 299 they have a decent variety of western and a bit of Thai food. Great place to bring a mixed crowd. Something for everyone, and the price won't kill you.

As far as local ones go I think that the Royal Cliff on Saturday evening is better for a start. Also better value. I mentioned some other local ones in an earlier comment in this thread. Of the ones I didnt mention I like the Sheraton and Cape Dara, and the Marriot is also a good deal.

I disagree Royal Cliff is better than Mantra. Mantra is in a higher league, with their cheese selection, free sake, better sushi and sashimi etc.

As far as local ones go I think that the Royal Cliff on Saturday evening is better for a start. Also better value. I mentioned some other local ones in an earlier comment in this thread. Of the ones I didnt mention I like the Sheraton and Cape Dara, and the Marriot is also a good deal.

I disagree Royal Cliff is better than Mantra. Mantra is in a higher league, with their cheese selection, free sake, better sushi and sashimi etc.

The question was specifically about evening buffets. For Sunday brunch Mantra is indeed the best, though it is also the most expensive.

If you are prepared to go to Bangkok I think you can do quite a bit better than the Mantra though prices are higher than here.

Further afield I also know a nice place just outside Avignon in France that does a splendid winter buffet of cold-water shellfish (far tastier than the warm-water sort) and assorted cold meats and salads, and hot French dishes including Bouillabaisse soup with all the trimmings for about 1500B (equiv). Bit of a way to go for lunch from here though, but I wish I could!

a bit pretentious non? the topic is Pattaya

If you are prepared to go to Bangkok I think you can do quite a bit better than the Mantra though prices are higher than here.

Further afield I also know a nice place just outside Avignon in France that does a splendid winter buffet of cold-water shellfish (far tastier than the warm-water sort) and assorted cold meats and salads, and hot French dishes including Bouillabaisse soup with all the trimmings for about 1500B (equiv). Bit of a way to go for lunch from here though, but I wish I could!

a bit pretentious non? the topic is Pattaya

04 Jul 2014

Did you just wake up?

If you like Sushi, there is Oishi in Big C on Second Road

345 Thb for all you can eat with a 1h 15min time limit.

Haven't been yet but would like to hear from members that have.

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

The selection was pretty poor and of not the best quality. I went once. The regular sit down sushi place is much better. I get one of their combos and that is all I need