Complaining !

Pattaya28

Some truth in what you say. I suspect that many complainants are simply bored or under occupied. The restrictions on foreigners undertaking work exacerbates the problem. There are also a small number of perpetually angry people who don't really mean any harm but enjoy complaining as a way of life.

• Like 1

I think there is a middle ground between constant whinging and a permanent smile.

We have the whiners here in Cambodia as well (though apparently less than in LOS). As someone else said: more often than not it is people that do not work and spend too much time in bars. Everyone else is busy working. Sure, I have bad days here, but I would have those anywhere else in the world. So I shut up and get on with it. Why moan about things I cannot change?

• Like 2

ThaiVisa is crammed to the brim with foreigners complaining, whinging, moaning, growling, bla bla bla.

Yep, and you're one of the worst, so no surprise you're trying to rationalize. It's been noted you'd be much happier elsewhere, The Villages in Florida would be perfect.

I see most of the complaining quite justifiable, maybe to the point that the complaining is taking over our lives.

But on the plus side, complaining relieves tension and can be comical.

Some are indeed justifiable. Being robbed or physically attacked, for example, or a 10-day Songkran. But the vast majority fall into the silly category:

baby-cries.jpg

And the purpose for TV posting merely:

Panic-Button-Chill-Baby-Pacifier_47443-l

True, they are comical--but not in the way the complainer imagines. Hence it's a fine sport to laugh at the complainers, and that's the only good thing about them. Members Naam and Suradit69, among others, post some priceless rejoinders.

All the nonsense with simply trying to open a bank account with KatiKorn. Must take out a useless insurance policy. Very complainable.

No, waste of time better spent walking the next bank practically next door and opening an account there. Sorted.

Traveling from Jomtien to Pattaya on a Baht Bus. Get on in Jomtien, already 2 other passengers on board. Suddenly the driver A. stops to let 14 Russians board B.stops and slings all passengers off for a charter he's spotted C. takes a detour for unknown reasons that screws all the passengers D. brakes so violently all passengers are thrown up the drivers end. Very complainable each instant.

No, unjustifiable complaint based on a misunderstanding of the baht bus "rules" wink.png that say a baht bus is entitled to do exactly that and may do so at any time. Good news is you don't pay if you get kicked off, not that it does you much good. And you expect sudden stops.

You don't get limo service for 10 baht. You expect the above to happen, and before you get on you're prepared to have to get off and get another bus. Don't like that possibility, find another mode of transport. I did.

True, the complaint list for fussy old ladies who shouldn't be living here is endless. It's an endless list for them no matter where they'd be living, right?

I'd say most of the complaints and subsequent apocalyptic prophecies of DOOM for the wicked, stupid Thais are basically the same as those made decades ago, just repeated with slight variation endlessly.

And you're right in that silly complaints aren't banned in the forum rules, hence we do have complainer's paradise here. Fortunately the occasional post contains some useful information, if obscured by all the nonsense around it.

Edited by JSixpack

I liked the last 3 sentences. The rest is crap. Do you even know the meaning of "failed state"? You mean Greece? Portugal? Spain? Turkey? Where civil unrest is seething? Have you heard of newspapers? Riots and strikes in France? UK a year or so ago? Mass shootings? God man, how can you be so uninformed?

People who walk around with a permanent smile ignore reality and belong in a mental institution. (I'm so happy, happy, happy smile.png). Problems do exist. Thailand is a failed state. The economy is collapsing. Civil unrest is seathing beneath the surface. Xenophobia and racism are rampant. The culture is destroying itself. The education system is terrible and Thailand's youth are unable to compete--they have nothing to offer the global economy. The "mai pen rai" attitude has become destructive and is thwarting progress. Complaining is, in one sense, a method of identifying and recognizing that a problem exists. But if you live there 24/7, it will destroy you. So, complain but take positive action. Complain once and then take nine positive steps might be a good rule.

Thai students have won awards in international competitions including scholarships and grants from UK, Aussie, Korea, Japan, USA, as well as robotics, computer, business and marketing awards'.

From today's NATION(just by coincidence):

"With their idea of making waterproof messenger bags from discarded banners, Bagtastiq Student Company - comprising of teen entrepreneurs from Thailand - won the "JA Company of the Year" award, while the Kingdom's KU Space Student Company landed the "FedEx Access Award" honour in the fourth annual regional competition run by JA Asia Pacific."

Take a look at the xenophobia and racism in your post and in your home country. Talk about a culture destroying itself? How about most of the so-called "developed world"? You have no problem with the banking collapse and the loss of billions in depositor funds, I guess.

Problems do exist... everywhere. But if you walk around with a permanent "Sour Sam", "Gloomy Gus" or "Grim Jim" bad attitude scowl 24/7 while you are living in a virtual paradise, it is you that belong in the mental institution.

'nuff said

~

Most pointless thread ever?

Clearly, you are very bored here to even think about putting this drivel up on here.

What a pointless post...drivel

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Maybe, but do you know the difference between a pointless THREAD and a pointless POST?

I would suspect that those who constantly complain about just about any topic would find things to complain about, no matter where they lived.

I suspect that most complainers here were complaining about their home countriesor they wouldn't be here.

• Like 1

Okay, so I have a whinge!

Wife and I were at CNX Immigration this morning. Along with a bunch of others who all turned-up well ahead of time, we were sitting in front of a couple of young American sounding males. They weren't speaking all that loud but, loud enough for those around to her them dropping the "F- Bomb" almost every time they spoke.

After a couple of minutes, I turned around and quietly asked if they could, "modify their language," as I didn't want my Thai wife, or indeed other ladies sitting near them to be subjected to the constant use of the "F" word. They didn't respond BUT their language improved.

Here comes my grizzle.... my wife was annoyed that I had spoken to the guys, as she was worried that they might have "punched my lights out."

We' have had this minor argument before, when I have objected to foul language around her or our teenage daughter. Sure, they know the words, both of them have excellent English, my wife in fact, Majored in English at Uni, but I even change channels if the "F" word is being constantly used and my daughter is in the room.

I'm NOT a prude, I just DON'T Like that sort of thing being said around my wife and daughter.

What do you folks think.....should I just learn to put up with it and accept the fact that "foul language" has become part of our everyday life?

Wife and I were at CNX Immigration this morning. Along with a bunch of others who all turned-up well ahead of time, we were sitting in front of a couple of young American sounding males. They weren't speaking all that loud but, loud enough for those around to her them dropping the "F- Bomb" almost every time they spoke.

After a couple of minutes, I turned around and quietly asked if they could, "modify their language," as I didn't want my Thai wife, or indeed other ladies sitting near them to be subjected to the constant use of the "F" word. They didn't respond BUT their language improved.

Here comes my grizzle.... my wife was annoyed that I had spoken to the guys, as she was worried that they might have "punched my lights out."

We' have had this minor argument before, when I have objected to foul language around her or our teenage daughter. Sure, they know the words, both of them have excellent English, my wife in fact, Majored in English at Uni, but I even change channels if the "F" word is being constantly used and my daughter is in the room.

I'm NOT a prude, I just DON'T Like that sort of thing being said around my wife and daughter.

What do you folks think.....should I just learn to put up with it and accept the fact that "foul language" has become part of our everyday life?

You did good, just not worth posting about.

And another thing: why can't dog owners hear their own dogs bark? Why do they think it's fine to move in next door to a retiree enjoying peace and quiet after a lifetime of work? Why should our peace be shattered by selfish, thoughtless dog owners? Would they like it if I bought a Look-at-Me motor bike & revved it periodically during the day and night?

I feel so much better having got that off my chest.

And another thing: why can't dog owners hear their own dogs bark? Why do they think it's fine to move in next door to a retiree enjoying peace and quiet after a lifetime of work? Why should our peace be shattered by selfish, thoughtless dog owners? Would they like it if I bought a Look-at-Me motor bike & revved it periodically during the day and night?

You can choose not to start up your motorbike but a dog has a mind of its own.

You can choose not to start up your motorbike but a dog has a mind of its own.

A dog's mind can be changed by its owner's intervention. The judicious appliance of iced water is just one of the more humane treatments.

• Like 1

I think there is a middle ground between constant whinging and a permanent smile.

We have the whiners here in Cambodia as well (though apparently less than in LOS). As someone else said: more often than not it is people that do not work and spend too much time in bars. Everyone else is busy working. Sure, I have bad days here, but I would have those anywhere else in the world. So I shut up and get on with it. Why moan about things I cannot change?

Did you move from Pattaya to Cambodia due to too many complaints?smile.png

You do realize that you just posted a complaint, on a thread about people posting too many complaints? Please do try to keep up...

You are aware, of course, that it's not only foreigners who complain. Here in Tokyo, some Japanese are negative towards foreigners and complain about them. It happens everywhere with every group, I imagine. Best thing is to shrug it off.