Border crossing at Nong Khai, still 30 days?

US passport, crossing from Vientiane into Nong Khai, will I get stamped 30 days visa exempt?

Anyone with recent information regarding that particular border crossing? I realize most people use it to get back into Thailand WITH a visa they just got.

Disclosures:

* I've only used that border crossing once before but with a tourist visa (last September)

* Passport has 3 single entry tourist visas, over the past 14 months. No recent 30-day visa exempt stamps via either air or land.

Thanks!

You will get a 30 day entry.

Thanks Ubonjoe, I'd say many many people here appreciate your prompt and dependable responses, myself included.

Needless to say, I was asking especially because of the crackdown on visa exempt entries. Btw, I'm planning this for around August 10.

The 30 days for those from the G7 certainly has not been eliminated. I have seen no reports of anybody having problems on entry in Nong Kai.

Most of the reports of people having problems is the ones that a bunch of border runners are going to.

I don't expect there to be any changes between now an the 10th of next month.

• 2 weeks later...

Ubonjoe, I have a change of travel plans, but I didn't want to post a new topic. What I'm changing is the border, I'm planning to cross the Aranyaprathet border from Cambodia to Thailand, August 11.

I already have my travel ticket out of Thailand for September, plus I'll carry a bank statement and some cash, maybe 10000 bht plus some USD.

With the recent crackdowns announced on a daily basis it seems, I wanted your opinion. Would I absolutely get the 30-day visa exempt entry, or should I play it safer and take the flight from Siem Reap?

Thank you.