Boundaries and good neighbours

cooked

So this is let's all get at cooked day is it? I pushed it back onto my property, right? I was around all day, as I said above. He waited until I was gone to do his deed and ran away when I came back. All I needed was a 'sorry, we broke it '. One beer in the morning isn't getting the labour buzzed. Please read the posts properly before calling of names.

So this is let's all get at cooked day is it? I pushed it back onto my property, right? I was around all day, as I said above. He waited until I was gone to do his deed and ran away when I came back. All I needed was a 'sorry, we broke it '. One beer in the morning isn't getting the labour buzzed. Please read the posts properly before calling of names.

I stand corrected and apologise for making assumptions.

Now, after pushing the post over onto your side, why did you not take the time to remove it completely as the base of it was still in the way of your neighbors work. I mean you 'were around all day' so what stopped you? If you had 'done your deed' and removed the post:

1) You would still be on good terms with your neighbor.

2) You wouldn't be posting on here about your neighbors perceived cowardice.

3) I wouldn't be pointing out your actual arrogance.

You said in an earlier attempt at justification that it wasn't about the broken post... but here you are saying you wanted an apology for the post being broken while you were away. The same post you couldn't care less about.

Now, after pushing the post over onto your side, why did you not take the time to remove it completely as the base of it was still in the way of your neighbors work. I mean you 'were around all day' so what stopped you? If you had 'done your deed' and removed the post:

You said in an earlier attempt at justification that it wasn't about the broken post... but here you are saying you wanted an apology for the post being broken while you were away. The same post you couldn't care less about.

the post is over 100Kg and as they said nothing, I assumed that I could do it the next day when someone could help. Why do you want to know?

I don't care about the cost of the post, it's the fact that it was all smiles and friendly cooperation until I left. The post was in the way in so far as ONE split bamboo would have had to wait until the next day. Are you now going to ask me why I didn't ask them to help me take it out? get st***ed, as in taxidermy.

the post is over 100Kg and as they said nothing, I assumed that I could do it the next day when someone could help. Why do you want to know?

I don't care about the cost of the post, it's the fact that it was all smiles and friendly cooperation until I left. The post was in the way in so far as ONE split bamboo would have had to wait until the next day. Are you now going to ask me why I didn't ask them to help me take it out? get st***ed, as in taxidermy.

But why DIDN'T you ask them to help? Right there and then, done and dusted all happy campers. But you arrogantly 'assumed' that they would pander to YOUR schedule and that the neighbor would happily pay for them to come back for a second day to do a job that should have been done in one day.

You gave them beer for what now?

You weren't really a surveyor were you smile.png

What the hell is going on here? I didn't do anything wrong. I studied Civil Engineering at Leeds University and went on to work for West Riding County Council doing projects at local level ( road improvement schemes, most of which never got done, which was the point) and going on to surveying and quality control on the M62 Motorway Thorne Bypass. I moved to Switzerland and was responsible for part of the motorway viaduct over the river Aare in Bern. It's true that surveying was by then only a small part of the job but I do know how to set out a line.

But why DIDN'T you ask them to help? Right there and then, done and dusted all happy campers. But you arrogantly 'assumed' that they would pander to YOUR schedule and that the neighbor would happily pay for them to come back for a second day to do a job that should have been done in one day.

I didn't ask them to help because they didn't ask me to move it, and it didn't appear to be a problem. It was lying almost on the ground. Since this episode was witnessed by neighbours, one of them has ordered a truck load of posts and I helped him unload them this morning.This guy is the villain in the village, not me. 'Pander ' and 'arrogant '... are you feeling ok? You DO NOT go onto other peoples' land and break things, I had to fight to get an apology and I was backed up by quite a few people. The fact that he ran away to hide when I came back is some kind of proof that he goofed, don't you think? I did everything to keep things amicable and he went and broke a ฿200.- post. On my land. I don't care about the money.

I am 66 years old and am not about to try to pull a 100Kg post 50cm out of the ground alone if it isn't necessary, if I am not aware that it is necessary. You weren't there so shut up.

I didn't ask them to help because they didn't ask me to move it, and it didn't appear to be a problem. It was lying almost on the ground. Since this episode was witnessed by neighbours, one of them has ordered a truck load of posts and I helped him unload them this morning.This guy is the villain in the village, not me. 'Pander ' and 'arrogant '... are you feeling ok? You DO NOT go onto other peoples' land and break things, I had to fight to get an apology and I was backed up by quite a few people. The fact that he ran away to hide when I came back is some kind of proof that he goofed, don't you think? I did everything to keep things amicable and he went and broke a ฿200.- post. On my land. I don't care about the money.

I am 66 years old and am not about to try to pull a 100Kg post 50cm out of the ground alone if it isn't necessary, if I am not aware that it is necessary. You weren't there so shut up.

Cooked, I am going to offer a different reason as to why your neighbor "hid" from you.

Its because his farang neighbor has one heck of a temper and lacks self-control. Your neighbor thought it would be prudent for future relations (since you will be neighbors for years) if he postponed a confrontation until you had a chance to cool off and not say or do something that would destroy any possibility of future "neighborly" relations.

Secondly, knowing how to set a line does not make someone a Surveyor.

Thirdly, you are 66 and you admitted in your OP that you were so steamed that you were ready to move out of Thailand. I am sure you are a decent fellow. You are a retired professional. I am asking you to please consider what every single poster here has been trying to tell you--calm down, walk it off, you are not being rational, you are not being reasonable. We have all been there at some point and we recognize the red flags you yourself have volunteered to us.

Right now, you should be using your 66 years of wisdom in trying to figure out how you can do some damage control and make amends. BTW, all those neighbors of yours who are getting you stoked up and talking this crazy nonsense of whose army is bigger--they are using you, they are playing you--and when its all over they won't have lost anything in the process...but you will.

Please do keep us posted (pun intended) as this beats hell out of my wife's daytime soaps.

If you are going to put up a permanent wall, I recommend that you go to the land office and make an appointment for a survey of the property boundaries. If a survey is later done, and it is found you encroached on someone's property, you will be required to tear down the wall.

When I was getting ready to put up the wall around my house, one neighbor complained that the boundaries were incorrect. I had to get a survey team to resurvey everything. Once they checked it, the land office required each neighbor that shared a boundary to sign a document that they agreed with the new survey, and had no objection to the wall being built.

I think the total cost was around 5,000 baht for the survey, but it was well worth it.

You weren't really a surveyor were you smile.png

What the hell is going on here? I didn't do anything wrong. I studied Civil Engineering at Leeds University and went on to work for West Riding County Council doing projects at local level ( road improvement schemes, most of which never got done, which was the point) and going on to surveying and quality control on the M62 Motorway Thorne Bypass. I moved to Switzerland and was responsible for part of the motorway viaduct over the river Aare in Bern. It's true that surveying was by then only a small part of the job but I do know how to set out a line.

Whats going on here is that you posted on TVF...

Plus, you seem to have sense of humor failure.

Plus, you handled the situation badly.

Come on, give us a smile :)

Cooked @ I set out the boundary line to our neighbour's property. he was in agreement with the pegs and the line that I had stretched out. I have to say that I had previously concreted a post in in the wrong place

So you and the neighbor, together set unofficial boundary markers. That you both unofficially agreed on. blink.png

This is the same agreeable neighbor that you pissed off an made loose face. w00t.gif

Wish you luck on that one.

Let us know how it plays out. wink.png

They didn't ask you to move it because the pole belongs to you and is encroaching on the neighbors property so they EXPECTED you to move it... but you didn't. You didn't fulfill the IMPLIED obligation that you would pick up your sh!t and thus interfered with their work plans... because it didn't fit with YOUR plans to have someone else move it for you the next day.

You are now calling this guy a villain in some lame attempt to justify your innaction and avoid admitting that you made the problem in the first place. Then the attempt to ingratiate yourself with these 'witnessses' by helping another neighbor unload his poles... but you could't enlist these 'good' neighbours to help you move the one that YOU placed in HIS land but couldn't be arsed to move?

You did nothing to keep things amicable. In fact, beyond pushing your post over and leaving it partly in his land, you did absolutely nothing. You went and demanded an apology for his people breaking a pole that you don't care about and now suddenly it's an issue that he should not have done it 'on my land'. It was YOUR pole, his workers probably tossed it onto YOUR land and it broke (not much of a pole if it did break so easily) but at least it got broken on YOUR land. And you demand an apology?

What's taxidermy, your age and me being quiet got to do with anything?

They r cement posts nd we had similar happen after land office survey...neighbor eased post over for a few cm but enough to be annoying....its a power thing...thai husband had to sort it

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1