Portugal - Holland

LaoPo

Portugal - Holland 1 - 0

:D

Unbelievable game.....unbelievable Referee - unbelievable many cards.....

Blatter (Fifa) said: the Referee should have had a card too :D

The match ended 9 to 9 players.

Edwin van der Sar, the Dutch goalkeeper: "we were stronger but the Portugese were smarter" and Portugal won. They deserved to win.

A new sad record in the history of the World Cup: 16 yellow cards, resulting in (also) 4 red cards :D

Congratulations to Portugal

ps: first, I thought there were 'only' 14 yellow cards, instead 16....my calculator exploded..sorry :D

LaoPo :o

Edited by LaoPo

too bad I couldnt see it...... 2 a.m. kickoff - too late for an old tired asiawolf ..... must have been very entertaining..... 4 red cards, yummiee :D but from what I read just now in many sports-related websites, all the cards were correct..... so dont blame the ref if he is facing a bunch of hools on the pitch instead of 22 gentlemen :o

I thought it was a great game. But i hope the officials look closely at the replays. Diving everwhere.

As for Figo, how did he get away with just a yellow for that headbutt :o And i believe that under fifa rules, you can't be punished twice for the same offence. So i don't think they can ban him for it now.

Bring em on :D

I thought it was a great game. But i hope the officials look closely at the replays. Diving everwhere.

As for Figo, how did he get away with just a yellow for that headbutt :o And i believe that under fifa rules, you can't be punished twice for the same offence. So i don't think they can ban him for it now.

Bring em on :D

just heard on the news that Figo has been cleared to play. If he tries anything like that against England i hope we give him a good kicking.

By the way i dont believe Chon is Scottish. :D

too bad I couldnt see it...... 2 a.m. kickoff - too late for an old tired asiawolf ..... must have been very entertaining..... 4 red cards, yummiee :D but from what I read just now in many sports-related websites, all the cards were correct..... so dont blame the ref if he is facing a bunch of hools on the pitch instead of 22 gentlemen :o

If a Referee manages to give 16 yellow and 4 red cards (an all time World Cup-record) one could question if he was in control.....it's obvious he was not, resulting in a crazy match.

He was influenced by the 'acting' of the Portugese coach and his players, lying around on the grass everywhere, instead playing football.

He will not 'whistle' again.

Let's see if England can withstand the Portugese 'acting'.........I hope they have a better Referee.

LaoPo

At one point a Portugese player was lying on the ground while two or three of them launched a counter attack. The ref stopped the game denying Portugese the advantage. Then he gave the ball to the Dutch, and the Dutch kept it instead of returning as normal players always do if the game is stopped for injury.

Scholary was furios, and then the hel_l broke lose.

Deco took the ball after a whistle, some Dutch player tried to wrestle it from him and pulled Deco to the ground. Deco got a second yellow.

But when he joined his Barcelona teammate VanBronkhost they just sat togther, away from their teams, and watched like two friends. Football is the great game.

There was a lot of acting though - it's true, but I didn't see obvious dives.

But when he joined his Barcelona teammate VanBronkhost they just sat togther, away from their teams, and watched like two friends. Football is the great game.

Yeah also the way that dutch player look at Deco while Van Bronkost sitting just btw both of them its scarry lol as if he will just wants to hit at Deco again

Deco should have been sent off a dozen times before they finally did.

The Portuguese behaved really bloody badly.

The Dutch, as far I could tell, let the bad behaviour, and the portuguese heat )30 odegrees. get to them and behaved just as badly later.

Referee was a joke, but everybody and their dog seemed to be suffering from Pre menstrual tension.

Fun game. Couldn´t stop laughing and yelling.

• 2 weeks later...
Dutch fans watch match in their underwear

By Mike Collett (Scotsman newpaper)

BERLIN (Reuters) - Hundreds of Dutch fans had to watch their team's 2-1 win over the Ivory Coast in their underwear in Stuttgart on Friday after stewards at entry points to the stadium rumbled an ambush marketing ploy.

The Netherlands supporters all turned up in garish orange lederhosen displaying the name of Dutch brewery Bavaria and were ordered to remove them by stewards before being allowed to enter the Gottlieb-Daimler-Stadion.

They then went into the match and watched it in their underwear.

Anheuser Busch's Budweiser is the official beer for the tournament and world football's governing body fiercely protects its sponsors from brands which are not FIFA partners.

Markus Siegler, FIFA's director of communications, said at its daily media briefing on Saturday that the governing body was alert to the kind of "ambush" marketing Bavaria had attempted.

"Of course, FIFA has no right to tell an individual fan what to wear at a match, but if thousands of people all turn up wearing the same thing to market a product and to be seen on TV screens then of course we would stop it.

"I don't know exactly about what happened in Stuttgart, but it seems like an organised attempt to conduct a mass ambush publicity campaign was taking place."

Peer Swinkels of the Dutch brewery told Reuters by telephone it was "absolutely ridiculous" and "far too extreme" to order the fans to take off their lederhosen and said the brewery had complained to FIFA.

"I understand that FIFA has sponsors but you cannot tell people to strip off their lederhosen and force them to watch a game in their underpants. That is going too far."

Most people had hopefully been wearing orange underwear, he added, denying that the trousers were an ambush and describing them instead as a Dutch nod to German culture.

Only men had been forced to strip according to his information, he added.