Pussy cat bar

terminatorchiangmai

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I suppose if you hung out at a bar all day anyway; you could open one for your gf/thai wife and kill two birds with one stone.......but not for 40K per month, like they are charging on LK, now. How much is rent at the boxsing arena per month? That would by a lot of cases of beer for the condo.......

With the 180 I saved by not buying a drink for a lady...I guess I can afford to go to White Plate........then again; maybe not. Is it still in business? The reviews glowed like a mercury laden carp....more evidence of how biased information on this site is.

• Like 2

in the ad for the bar the owner talked about buying lady drinks, said that the girls rely on the generosity of customers as some bar girls arent actually paid a wage

is that true? i thought they had a wage, and any tips or extra services money was theirs?

yes white plate cafe is still running i went their last week although havent seen the owner in awhile

Well thanks to all the not so positive comments for the new sponsor at Thaivisa the bar is now for sale already.

Its got nothing to do with readers of TV.

Most of us on here, haven't been drinking down LK for years and have no further intentions.

Must admit though, even having to find 10k a month for bar rent must be stressful enough in itself without customers.

• Like 1

I also am not interested in drinking on LK or for that matter drinking or bar girls etc. but am interested in hearing the OP's explanation of why the TV member's negative comments are the reason for the necessity of the Pussy Cat bar sale? I think that he should have explained this in his post but let's give him a chance to extrapolate. Also does anyone have the link to the original thread on this subject so we can see the posts in question to try to get a fuller understanding of the situation. Then we can jump to conclusions facepalm.gif

• Like 1

From what the owner posted about the way he ran his bar it comes as no big surprise. Far from drawing in customers with his posts he probably drove the locals who he needs away.Maybe he needs a rethink whistling.gif

I remember the original thread and it couldn't have been much more than 3 weeks ago. I concur with AnotherOneAmerican's post. There must be something more to this story, 3 weeks to a month is really not giving it much of a go.

• Like 1

The original thread of a few weeks ago was deleted, probably because the subject of prostitution was regularly alluded to. There was some back and forth debate about whether the ladies who frequent LK bars should be paid by management, but I don't recall any comments from anyone who had actually been to the bar. There may have been a few, but none that I remember.

I don't think anything in the original thread would have caused a viable business to fail, if anything I think it provided free publicity and may have resulted in TV members stopping by to check the place out. If they didn't stay long it's because they didn't find the place appealing.

Edited by heybruce

The original thread focused on running a bar rather than on the bar itself. It is common knowledge that nearly all these bars operate in a similar manner with free lance consultants and no employees. The other day there was some great cage fighting in the boxing ring there. The bar seems to be doing well.

• Like 1

Any foreigner trying to buy and run a new bar anywhere in CM (let alone LK) with the current economic situation would need a sanity test.

This guy, couldn't have done any market research, costing analysis or business plan at all.

How long did it last 3 weeks? a month?

Normally a new business should expect to run 6 months before any idea of profit/loss.

Sounds like the guy didn't have enough money to start a business, or broke up with the gf and walked out.

Amazing Thailand.

Plans for the bar were probably in place before martial law and the coup, but the presumably the owners knew they were opening during low season at a time when months of political unrest were resulting in a worse than average low season. It does make you wonder what they were thinking.

I haven't hung out in the CM Entertainment Plaza, or the LK area, for a long time. Has the bad economy resulted in more interesting company in these places?

The entertainment business in CM has been badly hit in both Thai and foreigner sectors.

I have a friend from Oz that has a regular "gf" who worked in Cherry Bar LK, she has returned to her farm in CR due to lack of customers in CM, but returns for a few days to see "regulars"

BeLive night club in MeaJo burnt down earlier this week, no customers.

The MaeJo bar complex for Thai students (behind RuamChok market), last year 10 bars, they have all closed over the last year, most have been knocked down and replaced by a Burmese migrant worker camp. Most of the shophouse business in the same area have also closed.

Normal Thais just don't have money to spend on entertainment any more, the venues are all closing.

LK is a ghost town compared to it's glory days.

Only the Niman area seems immune to the economic downturn.

Any foreigner trying to buy and run a new bar anywhere in CM (let alone LK) with the current economic situation would need a sanity test.

This guy, couldn't have done any market research, costing analysis or business plan at all.

How long did it last 3 weeks? a month?

Normally a new business should expect to run 6 months before any idea of profit/loss.

Sounds like the guy didn't have enough money to start a business, or broke up with the gf and walked out.

Amazing Thailand.

Plans for the bar were probably in place before martial law and the coup, but the presumably the owners knew they were opening during low season at a time when months of political unrest were resulting in a worse than average low season. It does make you wonder what they were thinking.

I haven't hung out in the CM Entertainment Plaza, or the LK area, for a long time. Has the bad economy resulted in more interesting company in these places?

Most bars are empty because of the problems with travel insurance issues and the political uncertainty. This has caused many travelers to cancel their plans to come here. There were lots of backpackers yesterday, so I guess 7/11 will recover quickly.

And the plot thickens: "Next Thursday we celebrate the bar's successful opening. If you come early, you can even get Fish'N'Chips..." posted 5 min ago on their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/chiangmaibarmeow

Good find,

Three girls on the left, possible.

Girl on right, bait and switch.

Can I suggest that your post read 'Good catch' to go with 'bait' and 'fish'?

• Like 1

And the plot thickens: "Next Thursday we celebrate the bar's successful opening. If you come early, you can even get Fish'N'Chips..." posted 5 min ago on their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/chiangmaibarmeow

Good find,

Three girls on the left, possible.

Girl on right, bait and switch.

Definitely doesn't look like photoshop to me, but what do I know I'm from the PC (pre-computer) age

• Like 2

The ad disappeared after a couple of days, presumably because most of the comments were negative, so he pulled it out. I raised the question of the lack of girls on his photos and I forget what the excuse was, but I was passing by the next day and looked in. As expected, no girls. That wouldn't help. It was tucked away in the far corner and had no redeeming qualities that I could see. It looked as sad and uninteresting as the pictures he posted.

Why anyone wants to open a tiny bar in an area with 20 or more bars and in effect become a pimp in Thailand is beyond me. I'm not against girly bars, I just don't understand why someone would want to be involved in that business.

• Like 2

The ad disappeared after a couple of days, presumably because most of the comments were negative, so he pulled it out. I raised the question of the lack of girls on his photos and I forget what the excuse was, but I was passing by the next day and looked in. As expected, no girls. That wouldn't help. It was tucked away in the far corner and had no redeeming qualities that I could see. It looked as sad and uninteresting as the pictures he posted.

Why anyone wants to open a tiny bar in an area with 20 or more bars and in effect become a pimp in Thailand is beyond me. I'm not against girly bars, I just don't understand why someone would want to be involved in that business.

I passed the other day and saw 4 girls, but that was later I guess. In Thailand girls sell alcohol in Big C too. It is funny how the advert was pulled. Maybe it had something to do with Thaivisa moving into the girlie bar business too? Who knows...

I suppose if you hung out at a bar all day anyway; you could open one for your gf/thai wife and kill two birds with one stone.......but not for 40K per month, like they are charging on LK, now. How much is rent at the boxsing arena per month? That would by a lot of cases of beer for the condo.......

With the 180 I saved by not buying a drink for a lady...I guess I can afford to go to White Plate........then again; maybe not. Is it still in business? The reviews glowed like a mercury laden carp....more evidence of how biased information on this site is.

I generally go to "White Plate" once a week. They look like they are doing a good business. Their food is still great. However, I never did get around to visiting the "Pussy Cat Bar." I don't think I missed anything.

I haven't been into Chiangmai for a couple of months now, are things really that dire(business wise)? June has always been one of the slowest tourist months of the year and I think LK is long past it's glory days or all areas starting to feel the pinch?