Thailand's rights of criminal suspects in European languages

webfact

Great. Now what about including Mericun and Strine for those ex-colonials who never had the benefit of British rule. smile.png

Benefit of British rule........???

Never had the benefit of British rule means not being as an <deleted> by birth.

May I suggest That ThaiVisa contact the Dutch embassy for a copy to be posted on Thaivisa. wai2.gif

May I suggest someone to pick up all those books and burn them for the fact that it was written in the Shinawatra era and is not up to date to after the martial law

The idea of this booklet is good. But the implementation is silly and probably worthless, particularly now under the martial law. Prior reports from foreigner who got arrested said, the BiB put the suspects in a cell and confiscate their phone. I'm doubt this booklet would help someone. Last but not least, it should also be available a Thai translation.

Both country's are flat as a pancake.

That would be pannekoek to any Dutch Uncles tuned in.smile.png

Under the new spelling rules imposed in 1995, the correct spelling of the word you are referring to is :pannenkoek.

...a Belgian Uncle

tongue.png

If prepared before martial law in Thailand, it is irrelevant now.

Ran out of likes.

Also I suspect ulterior motives in it.

A Danish friend of mine had some problems here in Chiang Mai. He was planning on going home when he found himself in the hospital.

We have a very good voluntary help organization here in Chiang Mai for foreigners who find them selves in difficult situations. "Lanna Care"

They called his Embassy and were told to <deleted> off.

So I am wondering if this is just not an attempt on their part to get out from under doing their job.

I realize that if you don't live in Chiang Mai and even if you do you might not be aware of the organization but they have an excellent record of helping. They do not give money but they know all the different contacts that can be made to help people in need. I have known them to just visit some of the people who have no other visitors. In one case actually console on a regular base a Thai wife who's husband was dying and she just in Thai style stayed in the hospital with him.

Great. Now what about including Mericun and Strine for those ex-colonials who never had the benefit of British rule. smile.png

Both America and Australia were colonies ruled by the British. The latter a penal colony. Neither are members of the EU although the US is a NATO ally.

May I suggest That ThaiVisa contact the Dutch embassy for a copy to be posted on Thaivisa. wai2.gif

May I suggest someone to pick up all those books and burn them for the fact that it was written in the Shinawatra era and is not up to date to after the martial law

Which aspects of the criminal code has been changed by the Juna? All of it as you suggest?

Act before thinking - smart.

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 1

Benefit of British rule........???

Never had the benefit of British rule means not being as an <deleted> by birth.

Would you like to expand your extensive research into the benefits of different colonial rule and non-colonial rule on a new topic thread? Or is the limit of your knowledge already been fully demonstrated by your bigoted succinct and irrelevant comment which has nothing to do with the topic?

Interesting how a thread with some helpful information brings out the bigots.

This could take time as the foreigner will educate himself on his rights and the police will need to do the same.

No they won't. Immigration police interpret the rules and laws however they see fit. Tell them that the law actually says this, and that there interpretation is not correct at your peril. Same with all branches of the police.

Whilst this is a good idea in itself, nobody can tell the Thais to take any notice of it. There is usually some caveat that allows officers wide discretion in everything.

This could take time as the foreigner will educate himself on his rights and the police will need to do the same.

No they won't. Immigration police interpret the rules and laws however they see fit. Tell them that the law actually says this, and that there interpretation is not correct at your peril. Same with all branches of the police.

Whilst this is a good idea in itself, nobody can tell the Thais to take any notice of it. There is usually some caveat that allows officers wide discretion in everything.

read again

besides no one has seen it yet and its causing armchair lawyers to come out swinging with wild assumptions

read again

besides no one has seen it yet and its causing armchair lawyers to come out swinging with wild assumptions

Read what again? The part included in most Thai laws and rules that states the investigating / process officer has full discretionary powers. They are written vaguely for specific reasons, not by chance. Talk to some Thai lawyers and police - they will tell you how it is.

Your statement is that foreigners will educate themselves - my statement is a little knowledge is a dangerous thing especially when you don't know all the rules.

Farang 'barrack room lawyers" who refer to an EU booklet they've read aren't likely to fair well in discussions with RPT, IMHO.