Its Friday ..... Remember the Old Thread on .......

ThePunPun

Its Friday, so its Fish & Chips Day at The Pun Pun.

Old timers remember the old thread of some years ago about all the Fish & Chips meals in CM?

Well y'all can thank my laziness as the price of our Fish & Chips is still the same price as it was then.

Its 215 B everyday except on Fish & Chips Friday Friday. when its down to 175 Baht ! ! ! .... and remember... ID yourself with your TV nic & get an additional 10% off ! !

FishampChips.jpg

But I'm getting some anti-lazy pills and the new menus are in the works, so for a good deal on a good meal

its today at The Pun Pun....

This is one that even some vegetarians can enjoy

A location would be handy! Google says one of the Pun Puns in Chiang Mai is a vegetarian restaurant behind CMU. Is this the place?

Come on mate! There can only be 50 regular posters on,this forum, you are one of them.

I would expect each and every one to know where Johns Pun Pun is the number of times he has shown a map and explained it.

thanks for the non-information. No help at all.

tell me when he last showed a map.

and try and be a bit more helpful.

• Like 2

A location would be handy! Google says one of the Pun Puns in Chiang Mai is a vegetarian restaurant behind CMU. Is this the place?

Come on mate! There can only be 50 regular posters on,this forum, you are one of them.

I would expect each and every one to know where Johns Pun Pun is the number of times he has shown a map and explained it.

thanks for the non-information. No help at all.

tell me when he last showed a map.

and try and be a bit more helpful.

22nd june on his topic about chicken fried steak.....less than two week ago.

Is that more helpful

Masuk, I am surprised at you..... you have been around this forum since before grass was created [but not smoked] and you have never been to THE Pun Pun. We are the Original Pun Pun, of about 31 years now, not the jonny-cum-lately skinny people organic food ones. Funny thought , they are organic food , and organs are surely meat. ??????

I'll post the map again,,,,,, not being sure which direction you are coming from so........

MaptoThePunPun-1.jpg

MapBtoThePunPun.jpg

Thanks for the helpful map.

Yes, I've been here 2 years now, and half of that was out past Maejo University, so not so keen on driving down the race track into the city at night, or returning with the drunks a little while later.

The first map which came up showed a punpun vegie restaurant a street or two from from Canal rd, where I am at present, but it seems the 2 cod 'n chips is a different place.

I'll get out the map and water bottle and venture forth.

Ad

Thanks for that Tywais....

If there are some out there who are unfamiliar with street view...... note that you can simulate driving down the street by clicking your mouse on the street in front of you..... in this way you can find a landmark, with which you are familiar, and motivate your way to or from The Pun Pun.

Give it a try.... in any event, its fun to play with

Going south from The photo of PP you will come to Rimping Condo or Narrawat Bridge if you are familiar with those landmarks

I found his place without the map, but then again I have been a few times.

With him right now, came in like a racehourse but will be leaving as a cart horse.

Quantity and quality of the food right up there.

In fact I was almost as pleased to see the blue plastic dish, it almost has celebrity status now.

post-150623-1404549060634_thumb.jpg

I just had a pad see ewe, thought it was just a snack......wrong!

I found his place without the map, but then again I have been a few times.

With him right now, came in like a racehourse but will be leaving as a cart horse.

Quantity and quality of the food right up there.

In fact I was almost as pleased to see the blue plastic dish, it almost has celebrity status now.

attachicon.gif1404549003645.jpg

I just had a pad see ewe, thought it was just a snack......wrong!

Hey Big Eye....... Eye can see you.....

g

Just found out how smart my Smartphone really is. Just saw an event pop up on it just now and it was my navigator automatically showing directions from my house to Pun Pun. Google knows all. biggrin.png

post-566-0-17872400-1404562967_thumb.png

Just found out how smart my Smartphone really is. Just saw an event pop up on it just now and it was my navigator automatically showing directions from my house to Pun Pun. Google knows all. biggrin.png

attachicon.gif2014-07-05-15-53-52.png

Trust that you smartphone is not a vegetarian, but what does a smartphone eat ???

In addition to directing one to us, maybe it can tell the owner what to order.

When you are in business, you come to recognize that friends/customers come and as time goes on, sometimes they find other places of interest and you see them less often.

I just want to say that over the last 2 days, we have been pleased to see return 3 of the old time customers who we haven't seen for some time, visit again... you know who you are so I won't embarrass you by naming. Just want to say again, that it was really good to see you again,,,,,, thank you and hope it won't be so long til the next visit

Thank you again

Gonzo

Have you the GPS co-ordinates? Then no one with a smart phone or GPS can miss the place.

OK Gonzo, the fish has got me, I'll be there Wednesday. I'll be easy to recognise as I will be the only Aussie in a group of Yanks. This will be my first visit to Pun Pun so that very good map you posted will help.

Have you the GPS co-ordinates? Then no one with a smart phone or GPS can miss the place.

Decimal and h:m:s version of the cooridinates - 18.799486, 99.004172 = 18°47'58.1"N 99°00'15.0"E

• Like 1

Decimal and h:m:s version of the cooridinates - 18.799486, 99.004172 = 18°47'58.1"N 99°00'15.0"E

..... and me here, no smart phone,,,,,, only my old timey dumb phone....... I feel..... I feel...... so violated....

blink.png

Just as a serious footnote, so no one will be inconvenienced, if thinking about visiting today, make it after 4PM, cuz Ms G-zo has a temple thingy earlier....

Thanks

Gonzo { doesn't rhyme with Bozo }

Edited by Gonzo the Face

I am sorry Gonzo but the Title of your post had me really excited as I thought you were referring to, what I believe, was the longest ever thread on TV CM. I of course am referring to the long running tale of the comparison of the two pubs that cannot be mentioned!

What a joy those days were!

PS I will try and get round to your place next time I’m in town, with one of your regulars (to show me the way), and sample the goods.

I've been here 13 years and I also had no idea where it was. I used to live on that side of the river but to go there now would be a four mile walk for me (no car, no motorbike after seeing two friends have serious accidents.)

Any discounts for people walking from the Nimman area? : )

I am sorry Gonzo but the Title of your post had me really excited as I thought you were referring to, what I believe, was the longest ever thread on TV CM. I of course am referring to the long running tale of the comparison of the two pubs that cannot be mentioned!

PS I will try and get round to your place next time I’m in town, with one of your regulars (to show me the way), and sample the goods.

Yeah ! ! ! The good old days....

My personal ranking on old timey, of all timey , posts would be :

1st Got Losts "Rain" Post

2nd The 2 night mkt area pubs that cannot be talked about thread

3rd The one about the Fish & Chips and I think about 5 of us were in the topic...... Charley was still in business then even before his move...

and just to keep on topic, Thanks all for your patronage. Planned [by accident] almost perfectly. Ate us down to one remaining F&C Dinner...... Stock has been replaced now , and your appetites should be just about back now .

Giving some thought to the next surprise special..... Give me some feed back ..... what would you guys like better....

Liver and Bacon, with sauteed onion & gravy, a big glopppp of mashed potatos and gravy , with buttered corn and a tossed salad..... or

Garlic Pork Knuckle, Mashed potatos and gravey, Special Shan sauerkraut and tossed salad w/ dressing

(shucks almost forgot >>>>> nasal clearing HOT mustard..

Give me some druthers and I will try and put it together......

Trust me it will be a stomach filler.

G

Edited by Gonzo the Face

I've been here 13 years and I also had no idea where it was. I used to live on that side of the river but to go there now would be a four mile walk for me (no car, no motorbike after seeing two friends have serious accidents.)

Any discounts for people walking from the Nimman area? : )

Maybe the palm tree is still blocking the sign!

Yeah ! ! ! The good old days....

My personal ranking on old timey, of all timey , posts would be :

1st Got Losts "Rain" Post

2nd The 2 night mkt area pubs that cannot be talked about thread

3rd The one about the Fish & Chips and I think about 5 of us were in the topic...... Charley was still in business then even before his move...

and just to keep on topic, Thanks all for your patronage. Planned [by accident] almost perfectly. Ate us down to one remaining F&C Dinner...... Stock has been replaced now , and your appetites should be just about back now .

Giving some thought to the next surprise special..... Give me some feed back ..... what would you guys like better....

Liver and Bacon, with sauteed onion & gravy, a big glopppp of mashed potatos and gravy , with buttered corn and a tossed salad..... or

Garlic Pork Knuckle, Mashed potatos and gravey, Special Shan sauerkraut and tossed salad w/ dressing

(shucks almost forgot >>>>> nasal clearing HOT mustard..

Give me some druthers and I will try and put it together......

Trust me it will be a stomach filler.

G

Going back to off post

"Got Losts "Rain" Post" has me baffled! Is it a typo - Re all the "rain" posts or have I missed something?

Maybe we should start a Best/worst topic thread!