What countries will give you a Thai tourist Visa?

I'm here for a few months and would like to get another tourist visa. I got my first tourist visa from Laos, but now that I've seen Vientiane I'd like to see some other places. Do other countries like Burma, Indonesia, Singapore, etc, allow for an American to apply for a Thai tourist visa?

Does Laos have a special relationship with Thailand? Or can you go to any Thai Consulate in any country and get a tourist visa for going back into Thailand?

I've tried googling this but was unable to find anything on this topic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Your topic heading is problematic. It should read, in what countries can I apply for a Thai visa. Just like only USA issues USA visas, only Thailand issues Thai visas. Of course they do have consulates in many countries and those are the only places to apply.

I'm not sure why you couldn't find it on google. I used Thailand consulate list and it was the first in the list. Here is the link.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info!

I did not understand that any country with a Thai consulate will allow you to apply for a Thai Tourist visa.

You're right, the title was bad, I tried to change it but the site will not let me :/

One more question:

When I was in Laos it took 2 days to get the visa done. And I see for instance that Singapore has a Thai Consulate. We were planning on going for a week to Singapore. Is it pretty much the same 2 day process to apply for a Thai Tourist Visa there? Or should I try calling the the consulate in Singapore to make sure they can do it within a weeks time?

I know very little about this topic, so thanks for bearing with me and answering my questions smile.png

Edited by rrbing

Forget about googling, the situation is changing constantly and outdated information will put you on the wrong track. Just read back this forum a few pages, it is loaded with up to date information about getting Thai visas in the neighboring countries.

• Like 1

Thank you ubonjoe.

Much better information than just the Thai Consulates. So now I see I can only get a single entry travel visa from Singapore, whereas from Laos I was able to get a double entry.

I have bookmarked that page. That's exactly what I was looking for!

Edited by rrbing