Louis Vuitton-toting Thai nun apologizes

webfact

Only foreigners/expats care.

Send from my Galaxy S4 4G LTE

Not really true.

First heard about this from Mrs. Morch, which found about it in class (all Thais), and some time before this hit

the Thai social media and forums. At least one post on this topic links to one, where you can find much longer

and heated debate going on. Also many more details, though can't say if all are confirmed or just rumors.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in no way flaming you and hopefully you will not take offence as none is intended. I honestly and truly feel sorry for you because you have such low self-esteem and dignity and judge all mankind accordingly. Hopefully someday you will realize that gaining wealth is not the goal of all men and you will look for the goodness in people which is easy to see if you only look through unprejudiced eyes. And to answer your last question yes they did.

No offense taken because I think you've missed the point (not sure on what bases you ascertain self-esteem and dignity levels either, though I suspect your attempt to do so says more about your own than mine).

Well maybe you are right. Maybe I misconstrued your post. People from different backgrounds interpret things differently. As for the basis of ascertaining self-esteem and dignity levels, in your original post you said probably everybody posting on this thread that has a comfortable life puts themselves before others which I presumed included yourself as you are on this thread. You went on to say her blatant hypocrisy doesn’t annul our own which indeed includes yourself. Therefore I concluded the content of your post was based upon the way you see yourself in your own eyes. You replied saying I missed the point. Fair enough. Would you be so kind as to tell me what is the point I missed?

In all fairness, the head monk gets driven around in a Mercedes limo which was donated. Maybe the donors insisted that the items be used for personal use? Like leaving a pet cat or dog millions of inheritance money which is only to be used for the pet? Same sh*t, different smell?

• Like 1

In all fairness, the head monk gets driven around in a Mercedes limo which was donated. Maybe the donors insisted that the items be used for personal use? Like leaving a pet cat or dog millions of inheritance money which is only to be used for the pet? Same sh*t, different smell?

Then the head monk, as well as the nun, should know better and politely explain to them what Buddhism is about.

I'm not deluded enough to think this actually happens all that often, but one may hope.

You all farang, you no understand Thailand and Thai people. wai.gif

Oh sorry I thought that this is a falang forum may be you no understand 55555

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• 2 weeks later...

Related to this subject, I got on the bad side of my old gf last week. Some guy came here with a hand full of papers and plastic bags.They sat on the front porch in discussion while I was reading TVF posts and on my fourth Leo of the day. She waltzed in the house and asked me to open the safe. No way I'm giving her the combination. Of course I said for what. It seems she wanted 5,000 Baht to tamboon to the local wat. I asked tamboon for what. She replied for good luck. I said ok have a seat and let's talk about this. I just happen to know of two old ladies that the local people take food to every day because they are so poor they can't afford to buy food. How many times have these old ladies had good luck and the monks took food to them? Deer in the head lights look. I had to ask her three times before the answer "none" came. Next question was, please tell me about only one time the monks have helped one poor person in this village, not two people but only one person. If looks could kill....

I said when you tell me the monks are taking food to these old ladies and I hear about them helping poor people I will open the safe. She started into a dissertation of how I was a falang and didn't understand Buddhism. I got up and said I'm going to buy some beer and I ain't opening the <delete> safe. When I got back the guy was gone and she sulked the rest of the day. Broke my heart.

Remember one thing brother, you are not alone, and I stand by your side, yeah my wife tries the same thing. Please never confuse common sense from reality, because surely you see it! I admire your post!

kilosierra

What about the 6 million baht car??? I follower donated that also?? This stinks of donated money from honest Buddists being dirtied by a corrupt person seen to be in a place of respect and power again!!! Time to de-robe her!

Amen brother