Landscape gardener & design

ChiangMai2

Hi

Does anyone have any information on a company that will design our garden or give us some ideas and point us in the right direction. Do you know what this service typically costs? I suppose there are plenty of people at Kamtieng that can help however if anyone has any personal recommendations I'd appreciate it. There used to be a very knowledgeable chap with a garden you could visit in Hang dong area ( I think ) is he still about does anyone know, any contact details?

regards

CM2

How big is your garden? The people who really design landscape projects understandably want to work with big budgets and they are all busy right now so not very interested unless you have more than 250k to spend. If you're talking about 750 m² or less (that's about the size of a small plot in a recent development) then I would suggest taking some pictures of the area and give them to someone not of the farang persuasion to take round a few of the stalls in Kampien where they are selling at least some of the plants you like. Cost? Grass including prep and installation runs about 60 - 70 per m², plants are priced variously but the cost of tiles, rocks, gravel and paths are at least twice whatever you'd hoped.

The Chiang Mai Expats' Club has a newly revived Landscape Gardening Club which might be a good place to start. Check their website.

Thank you MrBrad & Greenside. I have about 4000sqm to do so should be able to generate some interest in the job, I hope. Will definately speak with Eric as the land is very sandy so need advice on what will do well in those conditions. Thanks again. If anyone else has had a good experience with a paticular contractor please let me know.

Regards

Cm2

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app