Denied Tourist Visa at Thai embassy in Singapore. Need help!

Manila is the worst, needs bank details etc.etc. try KL< Malaysia, always helpful.

No it isn't, I got a double entry there no problem.

Of course, if you are a cheat and trying to cheat the system and for some cheating reason don't wish to show a bank statement, confirmed accommodation and tickets home (which every tourist should have), then you will have a problem.

For bona fide travellers Manila is a dream ! No queues and very easy.

I'm going to be using Manila soon. This is the first I've heard of bank statements (though not a problem, can provide a credit card statement with more credit than they could dream of). Also you need accommodation now? I was planning to arrive with just confirmed tickets IN and OUT twice within 6 months. Guess I might need to make a post about this.

• 2 months later...

Today I was denied a Tourist visa at the Thai embassy in Singapore because they said I am not allowed to stay in Thailand for more than 90 days within a 6 months period. During 2013 I have stayed in Thailand close to 5 months, basically I had two 30 days visa on arrival, went back home to Sweden for 2 months and then I got a Thai Tourist visa (stayed 90 days) which just expired.

This really sucks, because I have a Thai girlfriend and an apartment full of stuff in Bangkok. So I really need to go back to Thailand. Worth mentioning is that I do not work there so I cant get a working visa.

What can I do? Will other Thai embassies in other countries also deny me a Tourist visa? Is this common and is she speaking the truth?

Thanks in advance!

smile.gif

Hi,

Did you have to wait next day for the result if it's denied? Or they told you right away? Thanks!

• 2 months later...

I am in in a similar situation. In Singapore now, I went this morning to apply for a new non-b teaching visa (mine ran up yesterday, I am changing school and the immigration in Thailand said that I had to fly out of the country, no matter what, on the last day of my non-B).
So... the embassy in Singapore said my paperwork was insufficient based on : 1- incorrect salary stated in the contract (Canadians citizens should get paid at least 50k/month according to some clause in the law- the officer didn't wanted me to take a picture of the paper stating it...) and 2- they ask for a Thai criminal background check, as I was in Thailand since January 2014 and the one I got from Canada in 2013 is apparently "too old". I was treated in the rudest manner from the beginning. And now I am worried that I will have to buy some proof of travel out of Thailand to show the officer when I get back to Thailand in 4 days - (and get 30 days tourist upon arrival- I hope). Does anybody know if the immigration really check for your proof of travel out of the country when issuing a 30 day visa upon arrival?

oh and is it still possible to do the switch from tourist to Non-B in Lad Prao - Bkk?

That is was I did last year (Feb 2014) and it went smoothly (that was pre-martial law though.. maybe things have changed now? )

Nothing has changed but the only location is now Chaengwattana. There is no minimum salary to obtain an extension of stay for teacher. Perhaps you should show Immigration regulations to the consulate for their education.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/749918-thai-immigration-issues-new-police-order-3272557-effective-august-29-2014/

Does anybody know if the immigration really check for your proof of travel out of the country when issuing a 30 day visa upon arrival?

That is a visa exempt entry, not visa on arrival. No travel proof is asked by immigration.

Edited by paz

Thanks Paz. I am not sure though if I can call whatever I was applying for "visa extension" because my visa technically ended yesterday. The immigration in Chiang Rai did not wanted to give me the extra week extension, they told me to fly out (and come back as a tourist). The school worked hard to provide me with all documents on time so I could try applying for the non-b all at once and save myself another trip outside of Thailand. Glad to hear that the switch can be made in Chaeng Wattana, that is my next option now. I am still in Singapore for a few days. Maybe I will go back to the embassy and inform them a bit though. They keep saying that we should follow the list on their website to prepare the documents but it is incomplete.

While it is unlikely that you will need to show proof of travel out of Thailand at immigration, you could be denied boarding if you can't show a visa or an outbound ticket. That was required by Air Asia at Changi last September, and also when boarding Thai Asia X in Seoul last February.

Edited by scavenger

Manila is the worst, needs bank details etc.etc. try KL< Malaysia, always helpful.

No it isn't, I got a double entry there no problem.

Of course, if you are a cheat and trying to cheat the system and for some cheating reason don't wish to show a bank statement, confirmed accommodation and tickets home (which every tourist should have), then you will have a problem.

For bona fide travellers Manila is a dream ! No queues and very easy.

Doesn't sound like a dream to me. How many travellers know exactly where they'll be staying every day of their visit? Most travellers come with no bookings whatsoever, many just stay at some random hole-in-the-wall dump in Khao San road but that's only for the first night. Needing to show a bank statement is kind of offensive too. And for a country like Thailand?

Although I'm not on a tourist visa, but if I was ever on a tourist visa in Thailand again I'd be shocked, even appalled at the need to provide such documentation just to get a visa. In which case I'd be beckoning for Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar, none of which care. You just need to supply some photos, fill out a visa application form, pay the money and get your visa. No need for all this other nonsense.

Truly, in the eyes of the Thai embassy you are not really a tourist and should have applied for a Non-Immigrant visa. This is an example of what the Thai Authorities mean when they say visitors should apply for the correct visa type.

You could try Penang but be forewarned that they too could abopt the new tougher interpretations that are schedluled to commence next month.

".......they too could abopt the new tougher interpretations that are schedluled to commence next month."

I wonder if Ubon Joe could comment on what 'the new tougher interpretations' are that will start next month. I try to keep up with all things visa but I am afraid that I missed this one.

Thanks Paz. I am not sure though if I can call whatever I was applying for "visa extension" because my visa technically ended yesterday. The immigration in Chiang Rai did not wanted to give me the extra week extension, they told me to fly out (and come back as a tourist).

I meant to say that to issue the visa, the embassy pretend to apply the same requirements of Immigration for an extension. But as mentioned, there is no salary requirement for teachers.

Even if you had got the 7 days extensions you would not be able to apply for further extensions, because that is final.

Normally people goes to Laos to get a visa.