Bad rice and loss of stock discovered

Lite Beer

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Officials found involved in stock going missing or other wrongdoing would face immediate transfer and serious disciplinary probes" Why? Aren't criminal charges more appropriate and being held without bail the wise thing to do considering the risk of many of the accused absconding.

And first freeze of the bank accounts.....

Not sure I understand the math...

"There are 15 rice warehouses in Sukhothai, containing 2,542,010 sacks, or 2,542 tonnes."

is this a warehouse or a retail shop? 2,542 tonnes = 2,542,000 kgs... in 2,542,010 bags of 1Kg??

How can you trust such bad reporting when they can't even understand basic arithmetic...

oz

• Like 2

When Thailand gets serious about corruption officials involved in corruption will be sacked without pension rights, refused any future job in local or national administration, instead of 'transferred'

No. Instead, how about confiscating their assets, fines and handing them jail time.

Not sure I understand the math...

"There are 15 rice warehouses in Sukhothai, containing 2,542,010 sacks, or 2,542 tonnes."

is this a warehouse or a retail shop? 2,542 tonnes = 2,542,000 kgs... in 2,542,010 bags of 1Kg??

How can you trust such bad reporting when they can't even understand basic arithmetic...

oz

bags are minimum 50kg. I have seen on pictures also mega-bags, around 500kg

This was in line with a nationwide investigation into corruption in the rice-pledging scheme initiated by the Yingluck Shinawatra government, PM's Office permanent secretary ML Panadda Diskul said yesterday.

So it would seem that these inspections were started by the Yingluck Govt and they deserve any credit for discovering any corruption.

Officials found involved in stock going missing or other wrongdoing would face immediate transfer and serious disciplinary probes

However

Warehouse bosses 'accountable'

And we will do everything in our power to keep it down to that level.

I see no mention of politicians being held accountable for there part.

Could it be that Khun Panadda still hasn't quite got a handle on who his new boss is ?

Disorderely stacking of rice sacks! Noooooooo!

So you didn't pick up on the fact that some of these apparently huge piles were hollow?

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

No doubt the rort is very deep rooted and involved many people in all levels,

the question is, what are they going to do with all that information?

are they going to prosecute them all? I don't think there are enough judges and

enough jail cells to deal with all of them...

Thailand being Thailand ...I surmise the whole affair will straighten out for awhile ( how long, who knows??? ) and then sooner or later it will run amuck once again while various officials involved ( military personal and their appointees ) will soon enough realize various ways to once again corrupt the whole affair and profit from their involvement....as the amount of money involved is , shall we say...a very influential factor.

• Like 1

When Thailand gets serious about corruption officials involved in corruption will be sacked without pension rights, refused any future job in local or national administration, instead of 'transferred'

No. Instead, how about confiscating their assets, fines and handing them jail time.

That would be fair enough by anyone's standards.

But the money involved is more than enough to be influential so the money will be spread around while the prosecution efforts slowly fade away and no one goes to jail expect the scapegoats and usual suspects.

• Like 1

This was in line with a nationwide investigation into corruption in the rice-pledging scheme initiated by the Yingluck Shinawatra government, PM's Office permanent secretary ML Panadda Diskul said yesterday.

So it would seem that these inspections were started by the Yingluck Govt and they deserve any credit for discovering any corruption.

I believe the OP states that the rice-pledging scheme was started by the Yingluck govt, not the nationwide investigation.

"Officials found involved in stock going missing or other wrongdoing would face immediate transfer and serious disciplinary probes,"

Transfers, "inactive" posts, probes...

Don't they ever fire anyone in this country?

And then jail them.

• Like 1

2,542,010 sacks, or 2,542 tonnes.

Glad to see that the nation has got its maths hat on today.

And I am curious what they would have had a warehouse man do if the quality is deterioriating in the storage? Break down all the stacks to air them out and restack them.

And where precisely n does one magically obtain space in a building stacked to the rafters to do this.

This is day two or three and.already they apparently need more time to be able to decipher the actual size and quantity of the stacks.

Edited by Thai at Heart

You are right - how about all of the above?

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

The warehouse operatives will be responsible for that then.

They have a family with 12 kids and took some to feed them, plus a little extra to buy some Lao-Kao.

Thats where the missing rice has gone

And oh yeah, the discoloured rice will be where they peed on it after drinking the whisky.

Tongue in cheek