Popular South Pattaya Discotheque raided by Police, 3 Russians arrested

Rimmer

Popular South Pattaya Discotheque raided by Police, 3 Russians arrested

mixx-5.jpg

PATTAYA:--In the early hours of Saturday Police raided the popular Mixx Discotheque located at the Southern end of Walking Street and arrested 5 people, 3 of them Russian Nationals, who failed presumptive drug tests.

The raid was conducted by the Police Region 2 Special Investigations Unit along with Pattaya Police and took place at 2.30am. Inside the venue at the time were over 200 Thai and foreign patrons. Some were able to escape but Police quickly sealed off every exit and began checking for passports or ID cards and also random checks for illegal drugs via urine tests were made.

The first alleged offense noticed by Police was that the venue was open after its licensed opening hours. At the end of the urine testing, 5 people were detained for further investigation, consisting of two staff members, 2 Russian women and 1 Russian man.

- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/133960/popular-south-pattaya-discotheque-raided-by-police-3-russians-arrested/#sthash.e2LBDsxn.dpuf

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-07-05

What is this latest trend to check passports in the clubs in the middle if the night.

Have they run out of fake passports to sell? And want foreigners to carry a passport to a club in hope they will drop it or lose it

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

With any luck the police will clean up the trash in Pattaya.

Or get rid off all the tourists

"the venue was open after its licensed opening hours."

Simple as that.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Simple as that.

In case you have just discovered Thailand location, every venue is open past the hours and has been open past the hours for at least a decade if not 2 decades

• Like 1

Simple as that.

Fourth or fifth time its been hit in the last couple of weeks-I guess they know something whistling.gif

You don't think it is part of a softening up process?

PATTAYA:--The South Pattaya canal reclamation project is nearly complete, but is still facing obstacles along the important final stretch from Siam Bayshore Hotel until the entrance to South Pattaya Bay.

Siam Bayshore Hotel, MiXX Discotheque and the Al Porto Italian Restaurant are all still trespassing,

from here; http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/740007-south-pattaya-canal-reclamation-proceeding-but-still-facing-obstacles/

Was in Pattaya last week. Struck me as almost completely dead, and all I spoke with agreed that they've never seen it this quiet there before.

Simple as that.

In case you have just discovered Thailand location, every venue is open past the hours and has been open past the hours for at least a decade if not 2 decades
Many perhaps. I've not been to every venue, which would be quite a feat.

Except during certain national holidays, elections, religious days, coup inspired bouts of martial law, official states of emergency and sporadic (but not infrequent) police clamp downs.

Just keeping it real.

"random checks for illegal drugs via urine tests were made" I would like to know what sort of statistical sampling method they used in order to be called "random". Just wondering is all, would never accuse of anything less than totally impartial from BIB

A laminated copy of your main passport page, with your current visa on the back, will suffice.

Only if you are lucky. This topic gets covered in TVF now and again.

I carry and have carried the laminated (color) copies for quite some

time and recently had the opportunity to show and ask one of the

Immigration honchos from Chiang Mai. I was told (with no room for

questions) that the copies were NOT viable and are NOT considered

a passport. It is up to the discretion of the officer as to whether he

would accept the copy or not but could demand your original and if

you cannot produce it at that moment you can be held until doing so.

A laminated copy of your main passport page, with your current visa on the back, will suffice.

Only if you are lucky. This topic gets covered in TVF now and again.

I carry and have carried the laminated (color) copies for quite some

time and recently had the opportunity to show and ask one of the

Immigration honchos from Chiang Mai. I was told (with no room for

questions) that the copies were NOT viable and are NOT considered

a passport. It is up to the discretion of the officer as to whether he

would accept the copy or not but could demand your original and if

you cannot produce it at that moment you can be held until doing so.

1) You were told this by "an immigration honcho" from Chiang Mai

2) "..up to the discretion of the officer.."

A1: It won't be immigration officers from Chiang Mai asking for your pp in Pattaya

A2: Everything is always at the discretion of the [police] officer - including whether to detain/arrest/search/test you, pp, laminated card, or not...

'Can't say that what you're saying isn't true, at least it's my impression after seeing this argued back & forth for years now that some police will say it is. (You get involved with translations into English of this or that Thai statute or regulation and even those who claim to be fluent in written thai end up not agreeing on what it really says or means.) But I've never heard of anyone in Pattaya being afforded any extraordinary attention by police where the only issue was their not having their pp on them or that they presented the laminated card you mention instead. It all comes down to what would more greatly inconvenience you and the actual probability of it happening: losing your passport and having to go get a new one because you carried it and it got lost or stolen (often necessitates having to get a police report, btw), or being arrested for not carrying it. A scenario in which the laminated card is not considered acceptable and you're not given the chance to return to your hotel and retrieve your passport, and you're not in some additional difficulty (drugs, rudeness to the officer, etc.), just seems very unlikely... The odds however, these days, probably do ratchet up a bit if you're in some joint after its legally required closing time, particularly if that place has a "history" with the police*.

*Note: "police" as in, police, army, navy, whatever...

Are you 100% sure that this is good enough for the police or military?

Just asking when I read opposite sometimes.

Are you 100% sure that this is good enough for the police or military?

Just asking when I read opposite sometimes.

If you're looking for "100% assurances" and guarantees, Thailand probably isn't the place for you... Govt officialdom just doesn't work that way; less in some countries than in others. Be informed, weigh the alternatives, decide what's practical and what's likely and what's not, and then proceed as you think best. Certainly no guarantees that the laminated card will satisfy every officer who might possibly take an interest in you. Then again, no guarantees against false positives on a piss test...

• Like 1

Simple as that.

What is your point? Illegality everywhere, so, in the Bizzarro World it's ok?

This place is having some hard treatment, City Hall already there on the side lines with their wreaking ball ready to reclaim land for the storm drains

Other properties cleared their land years ago. So this is not a new thing. It's clear that certain people have resisted this move for some time and perhaps now it is coming to a head.