Buying American Supplements In Thailand

Slated

Nutritional supplements are much more expensive than in America and many, many products are not allowed here because they are not approved by the Thai FDA which has a real reputation for corruption when it comes to getting a product approved. :o

And, it should be added, for that same reason the availability of many routine perscription medications here is also a couple of decades behind the States.

Of course, the illegal drugs aren't that much of a problem in Thailand. Just the legal ones elsewhere -- which are illegal here -- because the market isn't important enough to justify the payoffs demanded to make them legal.

Welcome to Thailand.

Nutritional supplements are much more expensive than in America and many, many products are not allowed here because they are not approved by the Thai FDA which has a real reputation for corruption when it comes to getting a product approved. :o
Many products sold as nutritional supplements in the USA are considered medicines under Thai law, the same as in most European countries. Nothing to do with corruption, really.

---------------

Maestro

Exactly Maestro

The Thai FDA has not got such a bad name in the pharma industry actually.

As for decades behind well I know its an exaggeration but a lot of that is due to the pharma companies themselves.

They just do not license many products in Thailand due to market conditions ie it would cost too much to conduct studies in Thailand (sometimes FDA's require local data) submit other applications etc as the returns would not justify this.

Just wondering what's available and what prices run on products. Can anyone provide price examples?

Greatly appreciate any help.

just put the hard work in down the gym and eat the right food. forget all about supplements, they are a waste of time. you can get everything you need in the supermarket.

chicken and fish are very cheap and the gyms are cheap.

don't cheat and make a fool of yourself by using fake products as an attempted short cut.

train natural and train right and be a credit to the iron game.

if you are in the US buy a book called Brawn by Stuart McRobert to keep yourself on the right path. Good luck.

Just wondering what's available and what prices run on products. Can anyone provide price examples?

Greatly appreciate any help.

just put the hard work in down the gym and eat the right food. forget all about supplements, they are a waste of time. you can get everything you need in the supermarket.

chicken and fish are very cheap and the gyms are cheap.

don't cheat and make a fool of yourself by using fake products as an attempted short cut.

train natural and train right and be a credit to the iron game.

if you are in the US buy a book called Brawn by Stuart McRobert to keep yourself on the right path. Good luck.

Exactly, creatine IMO should be banned, people always take too much of the stuff and have no idea how to use it and end up doing more harm to themselves.

Creatine butchers your liver/kidneys.

I wouldnt advise taking it.

Long term studies (30+ yrs) have shown creatine to have no adverse effect on vital organs with proper hydration.

I am a former Bodybuilder with a background in nutrition and supplementation.

Today's nutritional intakes leave themselves lacking in many areas. Supplementation provides the nurients our bodies need that we do not get from our diets.

Creatine butchers your liver/kidneys.

I wouldnt advise taking it.

Long term studies (30+ yrs) have shown creatine to have no adverse effect on vital organs with proper hydration.

I am a former Bodybuilder with a background in nutrition and supplementation.

Today's nutritional intakes leave themselves lacking in many areas. Supplementation provides the nurients our bodies need that we do not get from our diets.

There is studies on both side of the fence, i have read its good and its bad, plus people just dont know how to take it, I know people who take it and drink and put in double the dose because they think it will give them double the affect.

I wouldnt take the shit, I rather build with my cannons then having to get assistance by some powder.

Creatine is naturally found in red meat.

Due to this, it was previously believed that red meat was a superior form of protein for muscle growth.

Red meat is also high in fat however, which does not suit those trying to maintain or cut.

The Germans began using creatine during the olympics of the 1960s in the form of a nasal spray, and testing has been conducted since.

Since red meat is saturated with creatine, and is naturally found within the body (why do you think comprehensive blood tests show creatinine levels, which are the byproduct of creatine), the undesired side effects of red meat (increased cholesterol), can be avoided with creatine supplementation.

It truly is that simple.

one thing I was trying to find and wasn't even able to explain (in other words - be understood) - flax seed oil. in Siam Paragon, Villa Market - anywhere - they just blink and have no idea what I'm talking about (I mean of course some of their stuff who speaks sufficiant Engl.) till one of customers (Thai, who probably been in the West and knew what is this oil) has explained to me that I won't be able to find it in Thailand, coz they simply don't know what it is.

but I saw some backeries selling multi-grain or whatever other sort of bread with falx seeds - which means it is used here in Thailand.

so, anyone has any idea where to get it? I've got some clue that in Central Ladprao there is some shop (forgot on which floor) apperently selling all food supplements, nutritients etc, which sometimes has this flax seed oil. but so far I couldn't find it - any advices ?

one thing I was trying to find and wasn't even able to explain (in other words - be understood) - flax seed oil. in Siam Paragon, Villa Market - anywhere - they just blink and have no idea what I'm talking about (I mean of course some of their stuff who speaks sufficiant Engl.) till one of customers (Thai, who probably been in the West and knew what is this oil) has explained to me that I won't be able to find it in Thailand, coz they simply don't know what it is.

but I saw some backeries selling multi-grain or whatever other sort of bread with falx seeds - which means it is used here in Thailand.

so, anyone has any idea where to get it? I've got some clue that in Central Ladprao there is some shop (forgot on which floor) apperently selling all food supplements, nutritients etc, which sometimes has this flax seed oil. but so far I couldn't find it - any advices ?

Almost evry health food store (that also has a cooler) sells flax seed oil.

Creatine is naturally found in red meat.

Due to this, it was previously believed that red meat was a superior form of protein for muscle growth.

Red meat is also high in fat however, which does not suit those trying to maintain or cut.

The Germans began using creatine during the olympics of the 1960s in the form of a nasal spray, and testing has been conducted since.

Since red meat is saturated with creatine, and is naturally found within the body (why do you think comprehensive blood tests show creatinine levels, which are the byproduct of creatine), the undesired side effects of red meat (increased cholesterol), can be avoided with creatine supplementation.

It truly is that simple.

no the only simple thing is you are taking a synthetic substance to try and cheat to make yourself bigger.

the argument you present could also be applied to steroids, bu there are few prepared to accept the ridicule associated with openly admitting to cheating in such a way.

for me, weight lifting is about being healthy and taking your cheat potions goes against that at the very foundation. up to you though.