Getting engaged whilst still married

y2k

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have every intention to remarry but am concerned that the divorce will drag on. Meanwhile the gf is eager to move to the next level as am I. Just worried about legalities. Appreciate all advice.
  • Like 2

I have every intention to remarry but am concerned that the divorce will drag on. Meanwhile the gf is eager to move to the next level as am I. Just worried about legalities. Appreciate all advice.

Engagement is just a formality and isn't legally binding, its IMHO the same as the village wedding and the official wedding at the Amphur, the 1st one is also not legally binding.

Get engaged (give her the ring, have a party etc etc) but only get married if your divorce is final else you are a bigamist ;)

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos
  • Like 2

Its the same as in the Western world, but the only thing what could be different is how the Thai Girl will react if you break off the engagement, I hope you are prepared for that :D

• Like 1

Out of the pan into the fire comes to mind, perhaps you need to seek help

Indeed, long term. drunks give having a drink bad name. this craps all over the vows of Holy matrimony. best of life and luck. 

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Oh here we go and out come the riff raff with nothing constructive to say but to shoot down any mention of serious relationships. Get a life.

Not only rich and handsome...but full of pee and vinegar also...a great guy...your new love will never trust you...make sure your stomach is butcher knife proof...

Troll.

• Like 1

^ what about for the simple reason. He loves her ? And he thinks she is the one? Should he let her slip away? And maybe loose the love of his life?

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

Marry in haste, repent at leisure.

Here's some slightly constructive statements: are you nuts? What is the bloody hurry? Are you addicted to being married? Did the last marriage mean as much to you as last years fashion? Normal people go through a period of grieving and adjusting to a life without the ex. Good or bad, it takes time. What went wrong with the last marriage, and more importantly, what did you do (or not do) that led to the divorce. Has your behavior and outlook changed? You will be "on the rebound" whether you believe it or not. And please don't say "this one is different". Are you? Have you grown from the experience enough so that you won't be a "serial spouse" unless that is what you want...

Sorry if I was implying that I was looking for advice on my personal relationships then I wasn't.

Stick with the title and gist of my OP please.

• Like 1

Can't current wife sue GF?
Can't it effect the divorce proceedings?

I know my GF refused to play hide the salami until she knew my divorce were final and were worried my ex knew about me seeing her.

It could of course affect it,but IMHO only if you have a fightin' divorce. The Ex could of course dislike the fact that you already have a "a new love of your life", while she is still miserable. And why your GF doesn't want to play the game "hide the ....." Is something that you have ask her and not members on TV :D

• Like 1

TROL POST___ Mr Y2K same poster of "My Thai G/F wants me to buy her a house " fame  who 98% of TV responders said "Don't do it"  You don't lisen or care for remarks that don't agree with you like when someone said "you can't be that stupid" and you reply "you don't know how stupid I am" just baiting replies. One good thing about the new Thai Visa Lounge that has just opened TROLS won't be showing up exposing their identities unless they can prove some of their BS stories.

• Like 2

If you look up Thai law (as I did when getting a divorce due to wife wanting to meet this guy and "See where it goes") I know it says if a man knowingly engages in adulterous conduct with a  married woman, he can be liable for damages. Don't know if it applies to both goose and gander. I think it is best to clean up one mess before making another....

• Like 2