Possible delay in the completion of new Thai parliament building

webfact

Possible delay in the completion of new parliament building

new-parliament-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Construction of the new parliament building may be delayed due to some discrepancy between the construction plan and the construction blueprint, said Mr Chare Panpruang, secretary-general of the House of Representatives, on Sunday.

He said that he had instructed the construction supervisor to fix the discrepancy and would ask for help from the Thai Engineering Association and the Office of the Attorney-General for consultation of both technical legal advice before the construction project is to be received.

He went on saying the delay in the construction of Yothin Burana School whose original compound was taken over to pave way for the construction of the new parliament building would not impact on the building of the new parliament.

Mr Chare assured that the Thai people would see the new parliament building but it could be a bit behind the schedule probably in 2016 instead of late 2015.

(Pic : http://www.parliament.go.th)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/possible-delay-completion-new-parliament-building/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-07-07

Considering when the new parliament building was mooted and construction started it might be an interesting matter to see who the ''commissioning'' agent(s) are or were.whistling.gif .

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

A huge waste of money in a country that still has some rural schools with dirt floors and no electric power.

Even town schools that I have seen with broken desks and chairs and poor facilities.

Far more important things to spend money on than a new parliament building.

Quiet right Robbie, but every country needs a monument to some leader, lets have a check on the money trail, just to make sure everything is transparent.

Don't need it until 2016 anyway.

Oh they actually need it now. With all these inactive posts being shifted into the P.M's office recently it is standing room only.

It would be cheaper and easier to just sack all these corrupt officials than building a new home of inactive posts.

• Like 1

A huge waste of money in a country that still has some rural schools with dirt floors and no electric power.

Even town schools that I have seen with broken desks and chairs and poor facilities.

Far more important things to spend money on than a new parliament building.

Your heart is in the right place. I say that with total confidence, because mine is right there, with yours. One problem is, however, that both the government and the junta regime have the money for both. Another problem is that governments do not hold back spending on Paul in order to benefit Peter. Government spending is just not run as a zero-sum game.

Example: Yesterday the govern... excuse me the junta opened a Royal Thai Navy Submarine Squadron. (It's quite a spiffy squadron, lacking only one thing to make it total, that being at least one submarine. But I digress.)

My point is that General Happiness didn't take the money from the tablet programme or from the rice programme, he just invented new money. Of course, there are finite limits to spending, but nothing is as simple as "forget your ridiculous submarines/parliament buildings and use that money to buy some decent schoolrooms".

It should be. But it's not.

Where is this building located?

It is in the Kiak Kai area of Dusit District.
Try this:

Edited by wandasloan

Kiak kai, within easy walking distance from our house in Bang Pho. Our immediate thought on hearing of the plan was that siting it on the river gave an escape for MPs fleeing protesters--of whatever color. Remember, one of TS's first edicts was to ban protests at parliment & government house. We saw how well that worked out.

The English parliament has functioned in this crowded space for hundreds of years and most of the time looks crowded. Grandiose plans for a grandiose Kingdom of Thailand.

attachicon.gifHP.jpg

When you see the paltry number of MPs who actually show up tp parliament wouldn't it make more sense to downsize?

Nice building but then, architects and politicians design monuments to themselves while engineers create problems so they can then solve them... And all with a bugger you Jack, I'm OK attitude.

Bob A. Relaxed in Lampang