Nigerian girls escape Boko Haram, say sources

webfact

Nigerian girls escape Boko Haram, say sources

Maiduguri: More than 60 women and girls abducted last month by suspected Boko Haram militants in north-east Nigeria have escaped their captors, sources say.

Local vigilante Abbas Gava said he had "received an alert from my colleagues ... that about 63 of the abducted women and girls had made it back home".

A high-level security source in Borno state capital Maiduguri, who requested anonymity, on Sunday confirmed the escape.

Mr Gava, a senior official of the local vigilantes in Borno State who are working closely with security officials, told journalists the women escaped when their captors went out to fight.

"They took the bold step when their abductors moved out to carry out an operation," he said.

Full story: http://www.theage.com.au/world/nigerian-girls-escape-boko-haram-say-sources-20140707-zsykh.html

theage.jpg
-- The Age 2014-07-07

• Like 1

Sisters are doing it for themselves.

Good on them, guess they got tired of waiting for the rescue teams.

One reason, cited previously, for not going in was a possible threat to the girls lives.

Somehow their DIY escape makes that reason seem less credible.

Nice to have some positive news from there, for a change.

I really hope the rest are not made to pay for it.... with their lives.

Indeed. Hard to predict how this will pan out for them, whether their seen as more valuable alive or serve Boko Haram

better as an "example" and warning to others.

...or Special Forces (US? European?) operating in the shadows masterminded the diversion, bribed or eliminated remaining guards, and got the young ladies the heck out of there. We won't know what really happened until somebody writes the book or sells the movie rights, but those young ladies would have been thoroughly brainwashed and scared by now to attempt such a mass and unaided escape without any being recaptured...

Drink the Kool-Aide while I drink to Special Forces. Ours (USA) or someone else's.

...or Special Forces (US? European?) operating in the shadows masterminded the diversion, bribed or eliminated remaining guards, and got the young ladies the heck out of there. We won't know what really happened until somebody writes the book or sells the movie rights, but those young ladies would have been thoroughly brainwashed and scared by now to attempt such a mass and unaided escape without any being recaptured...

Drink the Kool-Aide while I drink to Special Forces. Ours (USA) or someone else's.

Could be.

And you know this...how?

One can only hope. The special forces you are referring to are top notch. Those guys are amazing. Capable of almost anything. Well trained. Very disciplined. A real credit to the system them come from. Now, if only Nigeria had guys like that these poor women would not have had to spend all these months as sex slaves to these tiny, tiny boys, who call themselves men. It would be a lot of fun to take on these pigs one on one, in a dark alley, hand to hand. Now, that is what I would call a good time.

One can only hope. The special forces you are referring to are top notch. Those guys are amazing. Capable of almost anything. Well trained. Very disciplined. A real credit to the system them come from. Now, if only Nigeria had guys like that these poor women would not have had to spend all these months as sex slaves to these tiny, tiny boys, who call themselves men. It would be a lot of fun to take on these pigs one on one, in a dark alley, hand to hand. Now, that is what I would call a good time.

It would help in the Nigerian Government cared. That would be a start