Possible move to Ho Chi Minh- Help please!

DExpatWife

Hi all,

We are a family of 5, 3 kids all school age. The company hubby works for first told us that we are moving to Bangkok, then came back and said nope, it'll be Ho Chi Minh City. I posted on this forum couple of weeks ago, in the BKK section, and got many replies, so many useful information, hoping for the same now smile.png

We are Americans, we would like to enroll the kids in a school that offers an American curriculum, so we are looking at AIS, is it a good school? Feed back would be highly appreciated. Any other American school we should be looking at? We are thinking about checking ISHCMC out as well, although an IB curriculum, but seems like a good option, thoughts?

From what i've gathered just reading on different forums, District 2 is where we should be living, thoughts? What's the medical care like there, decent hospitals/doctors? Afraid to ask, but am i going to be able to find organic meat/vegetable/fruits there? What's the expat community like (play dates, meetings, gatherings...etc)? Company is going to ship our belongings, anything in particular i should stuck up on and bring with? Am i going to be able to ship things from the States (Aramex) to HCMH with no issues? How's living in HCMC for an expat family in general? Living expenses....etc?

Sorry, i know i have many questions, all answers, feed back and suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thank you smile.png

Edited by DExpatWife