Get Non-Immigrant B - Again

Hey All,

I received a 3-month non-immigrant B visa last year from Vientiane, and went through a lot of trouble and money, as i am not a teacher getting all the correct forms from labour department etc.

Unfortunately, i was not able to convert it to a year long with my work permit, due to Salary and Thai employ requirements. I have since used tourist visa's. My work permit is in date - as i have recently claimed injury insurance on it.

My new passport currently has one triple entry from the UK, however i have just be given a 30 day stamp from Burma.

Is there anyway i can apply for a non-immigrant B visa again - after the screw up, without going through all the stress. I am not even sure i can do it in the allocated time. Or do i need to just get grafting, and get all my forms in order all over again?

Does anybody else have a similar experience.

Thanks,

Sean

Jinky, I'm sure you will be answered correctly soon by people in the know, but just to prepare you for what is coming, I can't see how your work permit is valid/legal if you are using it alongside a tourist visa.

As said, I may be wrong, but be prepared........................wink.png

• Like 1

How can i get a multiple entry visa?

If you need a non-immigrant B Visa to get a work permit?

But to get a multiple entry visa, you also need a non-immigrant B?

I am lost??

You need to apply for a Work Permit with your new job, do a visa run and get a 90 day Single Entry Non Immigrant 'B" visa, re-enter Thailand and show this 90 day stamp to labour who will complete the process to issue your new Work Permit.

Once you have a WP, you have the choice of a further visa run to Penang to get a One Year Multiple Entry Non 'b' with > 8 month WP validly remaining, or depending or yours/your employers situation, you can apply for an Extension of Permission to Stay based on working in Thailand which then once approved, would allow you to get a Multiple Re-entry Permit.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/748051-succesful-non-b-multiple-entry-visa-manila-poorly-informed-on-tv/

I just showed up with my work permit and required documents in Manila. Got a non-b multiple entry. Read it here.

Pleased to hear this, good to know that Manilla is an option if you have less than 8 months validity in your WP, which precludes Penang.

It was not clear to me in your original post that you were I) still working for the same employer listed in the WP ii) that your work permit was still valid.

This being the case you could have simply easily gone to Penang at the end of your 90 day Non Immigrant 'b' visa with your WP/the correct papers and got a one year non immigrant 'b' visa.

This would have saved you stress and inconvenience, prevented you working illegally for several months, plus you wouldn't have to have wasted several days in Manilla.

From a technical point of view if you have been in fact working in Thailand with tourist/visa exempt entries in your passport, then you have been working illegally, as your along with your WP, Thai Labour and Immigration Laws also require you to hold a valid immigration status; both Tourist Visas and Visa exempt entries preclude any working.

However you can always legitimately apply for a One Year Multiple Entry Non Immigrant 'b' Visa with out having any valid visa in your passport, but  it is far from easy to achieve in SE Asia, so kudos to you for finding and publicising this particular route.