Honda cbr1000rr 2014 - 2015

ll2

Ok a few things, with the 2015 date coming, you could import your own bike at the reduced rate from what I understand. The reduced tariff is just on any bike made in japan so as I understand I could ship my 06 cbr1krr. So if your gonna get a liter bike get it imported from the states not japan directly.

The cbr1000rr is a bitch and a half. Yes it was brian at Sumet cycle who tried to deristrict. Before that it was 'dunder' who had a zx-10 Kawasaki.

My cbr1krr that you have seen photos of here... I bought off an impound lot for $900 and rebuilt. It is in perfect shape now.

Anyways at the time Brian was looking into it I was looking into deristricting the bike took. A previous attempt was made by a guy in Russia and his attempts show that it's not just the ecu that is different, it is also the wiring harness itself. The restricted has extra wires which if you try to cut off to for no restricted ecu bike will not run. So to get it unrestricted you will need a ROW ecu, and harness. Honda is a weird company and that was not the only difference, but the restricted uses different throttle bodies so to deristrict you need new air box. Now what both Dundee and brian did is try to run a unit to piggy back ecu which unblocked the rev limiter. From what I understand it didn't work and as far as I know no one on this forum has had success bypassing a honda ecu. Way back when I was into running nsx's with forced induction. What me and my other friends learned is that Honda Ecu's do not work with piggy back units. So long story short, if you get a Thai spec bike, you will have to completely replace parts from ROW bikes. Buying the neutered cbr isn't much of a bargain because it will cost a lot to deristrict

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

i know that Russian guy from a cbr1000rr forum. he claims like he succeeded on derestricting his bike but a lot of money to spend.

I know Brian - his shop is juts a km to my work - and although he gained some power, he was complaining like his bike is not very smooth anymore and his instrument cluster was not showing anything.

Brian tried a lot and he has connections with Honda!

I will ask red baron on whatthey are doing. I will ask for proof, a dyno test before and after and some customer references bee there done that. I know dyno is not a proper proof but still an evidence at least.

i also know a shop doing things for HRC. They also do derestriction for cbr1000rr. They change throttle bodies, modify air intakes and air box and put a new ecu and exhaust.

I was at Bigwheel again for seting up the pressure on tires.

There was derestricted bigwing cbr1000rr there.

They say 7000 thb for unlocking it inluding parts!

They claim 150 - 160 hp with that nice arrow pipe.

They say no need to change ecu or play with engine which makes me doubtful though.

They change air filter and air intake part - photo attached. The one with small diameter is stock one on bigwing cbr1000rr and big one USA one.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-184955-14048891587024_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14048891715449_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14048891822303_thumb.jpg

post-184955-1404889195456_thumb.jpg

some updates on derestricting Thai model honda cbr1000rr.

I did a research and found some guys that did it in Thailand. Also managed to find some more info through some forums. Some for old model cbr1000rrs but sure they give some idea and process is similar.

Another important finding is, the gearbox ratios are also different on Thai version honda cbr1000rr! which is really bad as no return on this without a major expense. So bike will make less rpm with more speed which kills the acceleration too. It means, at second gear, you are reaching around 180 - 190 kph! Which makes it nice for commuting or normal riding but i prefer full on acceleration from a liter super sport bike not better fuel economy or touring! check the photo.

Also it is called and coded as Thai version cbr1000rr not japan version. It has some differences even from Japanese version such as hp is lower than Japanese one.

I got this info from a Thai cbr1000rr rider. Guy is some kind of technician with proper English skills so looks like know what he is doing. These are the parts needed to fully derestrict Thai Honda cbr1000rr:

- New European Ecm 38770-MGP-D01 and New keys you can order this from Pattaya Bigwing, Will cost around 26000thb

- Us or Eu velocity stack 1300thb

- Unblock the left ram air And you should be ready to put them on, For the labour fee it should be around 2-4000 thb, However it's a fairly easy process to do, There are few DIY at some forums about how to open Airbox, Gas tanks etc... Once you installed them the limiter will automatically lifted, And the bike will be more aggressive however you will still find the bike is quite slacking this is d/t the gearbox for Thai spec is wide ratio,

Also found these websites explaining things a bit. Google translation is your best friend on deciphering these!

http://dtsymbal.narod.ru/cbr1000rr/fullpower/

http://www.takach.net/cbr_fullpower.html

http://www.geocities.jp/sakura20002001/cbr1000full.html

http://takkaja.com/blog/archives/15208

http://booth.search.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/strsearch?desc=%A5%D5%A5%EB%A5%D1%A5%EF%A1%BC%B2%BD%C0%A9%B8%E6%A5%E6%A5%CB%A5%C3%A5%C8&sb=desc&alocale=0jp&acc=jp&seller=riseking4416

So, overall, it costs like around 30 k thb to do it. Also some more for a slip on and you need to play with O2 sensor too. They also managed to do that. That cost not that much but slip on pipes for cbr1000r starts around 30 k thb.

it looks like for 700 k thb including the bike, you can get it full. The guys claim 160 rwhp after all these mods for Thai honda cbr1000rr.

European ECU is the biggest expense but i am sure it can be found from e bay etc cheaper than this. Interesting to hear that Bigwing Pattaya can order this. Bigwing BKK offers no such assistance for derestricting cbr1000rr.

Moreover, they said, without European ecu and a pipe, just with modifying the airbox and adding velocity stacks and an aftermarket air filter, you also get additional horsepower which makes it around 120- 130 rwhp. Not a bad number for Thailand actually, more than enough for me for normal use but not full on for track.

it is not a super easy process but they say, it is a one man job and does not take a lot of time.

I am getting more interested on the honda cbr1000rr!

post-184955-0-28090700-1405483818_thumb.

Edited by ll2
  • Like 1

Good info, but it's just not worth it for 70K (to get as close as possible to a 'real' one), and it will never be quite the same- for less than 50K more (after removing restrictions) you can get a brand new unrestricted R1, and for less than 100K more you can get a ZX-10R (worth it for the power increase and TC) and still have a warranty (both from RB, who was also selling US-spec CBR1000RRs pretty cheaply a few months ago).

Edited by RubberSideDown
  • Like 2

Good info, but it's just not worth it for 70K (to get as close as possible to a 'real' one), and it will never be quite the same- for less than 50K more (after removing restrictions) you can get a brand new unrestricted R1, and for less than 100K more you can get a ZX-10R (worth it for the power increase and TC) and still have a warranty (both from RB, who was also selling US-spec CBR1000RRs pretty cheaply a few months ago).

that is true. not no official kawa zx10r around yet part from red Baron. R1 is a good option but new one is on the way. Also cbr1000r is a more real world bike that will not bite your as while touring or riding in Bangkok.

but they say just by modifying the airbox and with an new air filter which costs nothing you get a good increase. Also, if you dont play with engine or ecu, warranty is still valid with this process what i heard.

Also, a warranty from Red Baron does not sound super reliable to me. I know people waiting for parts and repairs there for months. It is not an official warranty lets say which makes me feel not safe with my 800 k thb.

Well, hard to decide. hope kawa brings zx10r here - and hope it will be full spec as before it was not - as it looks like honda will not be bringing a full spec cbr1000rr anytime soon. Or new Yamaha, i am also anxiously waiting for new Yamaha liter sport bike. But how long it takes one to reach Thailand, not sure of course!

Moreover, the reason for this low spec is about emission tests of Thailand. These guys i contacted say the same. Yamaha and Suzuki does nto present proper documents for emission tests so they can sell full spec bikes although they are not full legit regarding emissions. This also makes me think!

Arrghh, want a supersport literbike ASAP!

• Like 1

RB has both bikes available today if you want one (R1 for 758K and ZX-10R for 810K), and I'd rather have their warranty than what will essentially be no warranty at all with the Honda (BW might supply the parts, but that doesn't mean they will warranty the bike if you use them)- any factory warranty is voided if you do anything that increases performance unless it's pre-approved (read the warranty paperwork that came with your bike)- my Kawasaki warranty was voided before it left the dealership- generally they won't warranty anything past certain slip-ons.

You previously mentioned the 'emissions' deal yet Honda BW brings in full-power VFRs and Goldwings- the other companies have been bringing in full power bikes for years, and it's pretty hard to believe that they're getting away with something that Honda can't or won't do- all these bikes can pass Euro and US emissions tests, but not Thailand's? I can't say it's not true, but it seems really unlikely.

If the new R1 comes out close to what's been reported, it won't be anywhere near 800K- it will be on par with the S1000RR, so it will be closer to 1mil.

Sorry, but it think it's crazy to buy a restricted literbike with the idea of derestricting it when there are better options for not much more money. See what RB can do on a US-spec CBR1000RR.

Edited by RubberSideDown
  • Like 2

RB has both bikes available today if you want one (R1 for 758K and ZX-10R for 810K), and I'd rather have their warranty than what will essentially be no warranty at all with the Honda (BW might supply the parts, but that doesn't mean they will warranty the bike if you use them)- any factory warranty is voided if you do anything that increases performance unless it's pre-approved (read the warranty paperwork that came with your bike)- my Kawasaki warranty was voided before it left the dealership- generally they won't warranty anything past certain slip-ons.

You previously mentioned the 'emissions' deal yet Honda BW brings in full-power VFRs and Goldwings- the other companies have been bringing in full power bikes for years, and it's pretty hard to believe that they're getting away with something that Honda can't or won't do- all these bikes can pass Euro and US emissions tests, but not Thailand's? I can't say it's not true, but it seems really unlikely.

If the new R1 comes out close to what's been reported, it won't be anywhere near 800K- it will be on par with the S1000RR, so it will be closer to 1mil.

Sorry, but it think it's crazy to buy a restricted literbike with the idea of derestricting it when there are better options for not much more money. See what RB can do on a US-spec CBR1000RR.

yep, it is crazy to buy a restricted cbr1000rr. it is against all the philosophy behind a cbr1000rr plus all those modifications are a hassle too. And yes, i dont think so it will be the same as Europe spec anyway.

Red Baron is out of question for me. As i stated, i had friends waited for parts and repairs for months for a bike you paid 800 k thb. So it is not a proper service. I dont trust such deals in Thailand plus waiting for a year for plate and registration, why?

Now in Bangkok, police started to check the plates. After last bike fest at Central, they stopped many bikes and check or plates at different road blocks. They let me go but keep many others with no plates even new kawasakis or hondas from official dealer waiting for a plate. Also sure their registration is legit? sure it will not bring me any trouble in the future? Red Baron might guarantee these but i dont think so they pay your bike if police confiscates it.

It is becoming so risky under new administration in Thailand. As you can see, they started ironing things out started with mafias and illegal formations and now visa crackdowns and more will follow.

Regarding emission, it might be true or not, not sure. But it sounds logical to me until i find another reason why Honda does not bring a full spec cbr1000rr although all are manufactured at the same factory and derestrciting a bike most probably will bring them more expense.

If kawa brings zx10r , sure it will sell around 800 k thb too. C'mon kawa, honda is acting like a p.ssy when it comes to literbikes so maybe you make us smile?

II2 I don't think it's worth getting the Thai Honda it's a rip off if you have to change the gearbox. The bike will never work well. I know you like Honda so if you really want one check out the US version and import it yourself. It's not difficult and you could also have it tuned and a custom engine fitted in the US before shipping.

This company makes a 200+ BHP engine for the R1 I'm sure there are similar companies that do it for Honda. http://www.danosperformance.com/Yamaha%20R1%20Superbike%20Package.htm

I'm really interested in the new R1 I believe it will be a techno showcase.

Anyway I'm not in a rush at the moment. I T-Boned a pick-up at just under 200kph last weekend so I probably won't be riding for a couple of months.

Thank $%#&&* for my new X12 and Alpinestars gear!

oh man, glad you are fine as you can post this.

Sorry to hear. Sure you are OK?

yeah, that different gearbox makes me cry. I can understand all those restrictions but playing with the gearbox of a literbike to make it more friendly for touring or commuting kills me!

but again, importing bikes from USA, all that custom <deleted>, let them pass emission tests here and lots of money under the table - and if you are lucky nowadays even for that!. It is sure not that easy too. More hassle than making the Thai spec full.

yes, cbr1000rr with honda's attitude, does not feel right.

• Like 2

^

Well, that doesn't sound too good- we need to hear that story.

A farmer pulled out about 10m infront of me on a long straight fast road near Rayong and just stopped. No time to do anything just grab the front brake. Luckily I bounced off his windscreen and flew about 30-40m down the road before landing on my face and scraping the face of the helmet down the road.

Amazingly no broken bones. The back protector took most of the impact off the windscreen but my back muscles are ripped. The speed hump on my jacket also prevented any neck injuries. So besides my back and a sprained wrist and being knocked unconscious I survived which surprised me and everyone else.

My bike however is in a lot worse shape. Any &^^%&* hole out there who is not wearing a full face helmet, get one!

wow man. cool you survived with nothing i can say!

back muscles heal fast but if any muscle in arms, that takes a looong time.

it is good that you were wearing the right gear and a full face helmet!

but life goes on ATF, just get over it and ride. All of us kiss the asphalt at times!

• Like 1

Only a month or two before we hear what the changes to the 2015 models will be. With most of the current models 3-4 years since the last changes I don't think it's a great time to be reserving a litre bike, especially a restricted one.

I'm desperate to change my bike, but while I can accept paying over the odds, I'm not sure I can accept paying over the odds and then seeing them bring out a new model that's radically improved a few months later. I don't want previous gen, especially at 800k (or more if I go Euro).

Only a month or two before we hear what the changes to the 2015 models will be. With most of the current models 3-4 years since the last changes I don't think it's a great time to be reserving a litre bike, especially a restricted one.

I'm desperate to change my bike, but while I can accept paying over the odds, I'm not sure I can accept paying over the odds and then seeing them bring out a new model that's radically improved a few months later. I don't want previous gen, especially at 800k (or more if I go Euro).

yes, lets wait a year more. I have a nice and exciting enough bike to wait luckily. hond cbr650f is a cool fun bike with lots of real world usability and at least not waiting with cbr500r - Polyannaismlaugh.png

Jonny, i remember you get your supersport from Red Baron. How was your experience with them? I remember you waited for some parts and repairs to for some time, right?

Edited by ll2

That probably wasn't a record for the shortest amount of time between buying a new helmet and jacket and destroying them, but it's got to be close.wink.png

Yep 9 days only wore the X12 3 times jacket only has a few scuffs, back protector must be screwed though.

• Like 1

That probably wasn't a record for the shortest amount of time between buying a new helmet and jacket and destroying them, but it's got to be close.wink.png

Yep 9 days only wore the X12 3 times jacket only has a few scuffs, back protector must be screwed though.

that x12 maybe saved your life. That is what premium helmets are for.

I can say right investment on a right time!

• Like 1

Unfortunately, if there are different versions of the new literbikes (as far as specs and options go) there's no guarantee LOS will get the better ones.

Case-in-point is the new S1000R naked bike- BMW Thailand isn't getting the version with the DDC or upgraded TC (which is the only one I'd want), and they're asking 830K.

yes, lets wait a year more. I have a nice and exciting enough bike to wait luckily. hond cbr650f is a cool fun bike with lots of real world usability and at least not waiting with cbr500r - Polyannaismlaugh.png

Jonny, i remember you get your supersport from Red Baron. How was your experience with them? I remember you waited for some parts and repairs to for some time, right?

No I think you're thinking of someone else, I think Hili bought his R6 there? I looked at a couple of bikes from RB but in the end I got my gsxr from a private seller in Chiang Mai. I've never dealt with RedBaron as they used to want 10,000 Baht to 'join the club' before they'd work on the bike unless you bought it there, not sure if that's still the case or not.

As I've never had anything major need doing on the gsxr (only changing consumables) so I just import the parts myself from Ebay and get Eak Moto on Ladprao 101 to fit them for me.

• Like 1

II2 Just import a fully modded Honda from the States. The laws haven't changed and all the mods you'll be getting them tax free. As RSD said any bike in a Superbike class will cost close to 1M Baht.

Unfortunately, if there are different versions of the new literbikes (as far as specs and options go) there's no guarantee LOS will get the better ones.

Case-in-point is the new S1000R naked bike- BMW Thailand isn't getting the version with the DDC or upgraded TC (which is the only one I'd want), and they're asking 830K.

seen a red s1000r next to mine and i rode with the guy a bit to listen the tune of the bike and how it acts.

all i can say, it sounds and goes superb RSD! It feels superb even from 20 meters away and on another bike! One cannot go wrong with it.

a dream bike for BKK commutes unfortunately, 830 k feels too much for me to spend on naked.

• Like 1

seen a red s1000r next to mine and i rode with the guy a bit to listen the tune of the bike and how it acts.

all i can say, it sounds and goes superb RSD! It feels superb even from 20 meters away and on another bike! One cannot go wrong with it.

a dream bike for BKK commutes unfortunately, 830 k feels too much for me to spend on naked.

DDC on the 2015 S1000RR with the Thailand price unchanged or slightly reduced would be nice. Probably dreaming though.

II2 Just import a fully modded Honda from the States. The laws haven't changed and all the mods you'll be getting them tax free. As RSD said any bike in a Superbike class will cost close to 1M Baht.

i choose to wait ATF.

This Japanese - Thai trade agreement will be in full effect next year and prices will go down a bit more.

I need warranty for my bike, full regustration and a proper service. Dont want to pay 10,000thb to be a member of a club and wait for their mercy!

I would guess about 50K more for the DDC option in LOS- I can't see them not offering it in 2015 (at least in the US and Europe), but it won't necessarily be available as an option here (there's no way it will be standard across the line as it's not the best option for the track and not everybody wants it) as they'll probably just bring them all in with the same specs with only color as a choice (like with the S1000R)- figure just north of 1mil for the new one if it's fully loaded, even if there's a drop in import taxes.

I really couldn't believe the S1000R wasn't available with all the bells-and-whistles- it was very disappointing.

I might go to BMW this weekend and I'll ask, but they probably won't know anything yet.

I would guess about 50K more for the DDC option in LOS- I can't see them not offering it in 2015 (at least in the US and Europe), but it won't necessarily be available as an option here (there's no way it will be standard across the line as it's not the best option for the track and not everybody wants it) as they'll probably just bring them all in with the same specs with only color as a choice (like with the S1000R)- figure just north of 1mil for the new one if it's fully loaded, even if there's a drop in import taxes.

I really couldn't believe the S1000R wasn't available with all the bells-and-whistles- it was very disappointing.

I might go to BMW this weekend and I'll ask, but they probably won't know anything yet.

I am also curious about this DDC, never rode a bike with it. The prospects of it adapting to the road surfaces and your riding skills within milliseconds sound like a tech mech miracle.

Waiting for the days DDC being standard for all bikes even scooters!

But it offer a wide range of adjustment for both shocks and fork even without DDC.

i choose to wait ATF.

This Japanese - Thai trade agreement will be in full effect next year and prices will go down a bit more.

I need warranty for my bike, full regustration and a proper service. Dont want to pay 10,000thb to be a member of a club and wait for their mercy!

I think waiting is the best option all the Jap bikes need a BMW beater although Aprilia seems to be proving itself as the best track bike, but no Thai dealer and reliability issues.

Honda though are very reliable only real service required at about 15,000 kms?

i choose to wait ATF.

I think waiting is the best option all the Jap bikes need a BMW beater although Aprilia seems to be proving itself as the best track bike, but no Thai dealer and reliability issues.

Honda though are very reliable only real service required at about 15,000 kms?

Yep honda is bullet proof as usual. First expensive service is at 24.000 km while adjusting those 16 valves and changing the spark plugs on 48.000 km along with valve check again. One spark plug costs 1300 thb for it!

Still, overall for 100,000 km service costs are very reasonable for a literbike, one third of Europe at least.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-184955-0-75698700-1405495705_thumb.

Edited by ll2
  • Like 1

I am also curious about this DDC, never rode a bike with it. The prospects of it adapting to the road surfaces and your riding skills within milliseconds sound like a tech mech miracle.

Waiting for the days DDC being standard for all bikes even scooters!

But it offer a wide range of adjustment for both shocks and fork even without DDC.

The main point of it is that you have to manually adjust a standard suspension for different conditions- the DDC is always in the 'sweet spot' regardless of the road surface. It could be a drawback on the track, though, so hardcore racers go for the S1000RR with Ohlins front-and-back. Just about every review I've read (and I've read pretty much all of them if they're in English;)) says it's the best current set-up for a street bike.

No doubt it's the future of motorcycles- Ducati also has a nice system with their Skyhook set-up.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Honda cbr1000rr Thai version. 145 hp at rear wheel by unblocking the speed limit, just modifying the air box and funnels and adding bazzaz ecu, akra slip on and k&n air filter! these cost not expensive.

dyno attached. dyno looks smooth. no bad.

post-184955-0-16383300-1407815356_thumb.

Edited by ll2

Is the red line stock? I doubt the bike puts out 127hp without any mods ( it's supposed to be ~120hp at the crank, which will be less than 110hp at the wheel), which makes me curious as to how the dyno was calibrated. The numbers are uncorrected- is there a sheet with the correction factored in?

If the 18hp gain is correct, how much ate you paying for it?