Honda cbr1000rr 2014 - 2015

ll2

Is the red line stock? I doubt the bike puts out 127hp without any mods ( it's supposed to be ~120hp at the crank, which will be less than 110hp at the wheel), which makes me curious as to how the dyno was calibrated. The numbers are uncorrected- is there a sheet with the correction factored in?

If the 18hp gain is correct, how much ate you paying for it?

no, red line is not stock. but yes, at least 50 k thb expense.

My point is that a single dyno chart in-and-of itself doesn't mean much- you need to see stock dyno charts of the same bike on the same dyno before and after mods (with the correction factored in). I'm not saying that it doesn't make ~145hp, but you can't make a call based on that pic alone. I'm not calling BS, I just would like to see a bit more in the way of testing.

There's a 250cc bike in the classified section where the seller posted a dyno chart showing 84hp...;)

Edited by RubberSideDown
  • Like 1

My point is that a single dyno chart in-and-of itself doesn't mean much- you need to see stock dyno charts of the same bike on the same dyno before and after mods (with the correction factored in). I'm not saying that it doesn't make ~145hp, but you can't make a call based on that pic alone. I'm not calling BS, I just would like to see a bit more in the way of testing.

There's a 250cc bike in the classified section where the seller posted a dyno chart showing 84hp...wink.png

agreed but at least i call it a progress without installing European spec ecu.

No doubt the mods done will increase power- what I want to see is the bike legitimately brought up to full-spec with no electronic glitches or engine codes- if that could be done at, say, ~700K, the CBR1000RR would really be a great deal.

i ll try to get more info time by time. but these guys look like know what they are doing. some of them are technicians etc not like a big bike shop claiming things.

thanks for speaking with reason rsd and for your thoughts. i speak with my heart as i want to buy this bike beginning of every weeklaugh.png but what you are saying is balancing me and i am deciding 'no' by the mid of the week!

• Like 1

Honda cbr1000rr Thai version. 145 hp at rear wheel by unblocking the speed limit, just modifying the air box and funnels and adding bazzaz ecu, akra slip on and k&n air filter! these cost not expensive.

dyno attached. dyno looks smooth. no bad.

That chart still looks a bit messed up, not a typical CBR1000 full spec map. Do you know what dyno it was run on? full spec CBR's with exhaust/fuel controller are running about 160hp on most of the dynojet dynos in Bangkok.

Attached is what a dyno chart should look like (2012

BMW s1000RR)post-113955-14078521992653_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Honda cbr1000rr Thai version. 145 hp at rear wheel by unblocking the speed limit, just modifying the air box and funnels and adding bazzaz ecu, akra slip on and k&n air filter! these cost not expensive.

dyno attached. dyno looks smooth. no bad.

That chart still looks a bit messed up, not a typical CBR1000 full spec map. Do you know what dyno it was run on? full spec CBR's with exhaust/fuel controller are running about 160hp on most of the dynojet dynos in Bangkok.

Attached is what a dyno chart should look like (2012

BMW s1000RR)attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1407852197.558553.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Not sure. That guy cannot communicate in English.

I think it is messy as well but post it here as can show some progress on some significant extra performance with simple mods like aftermarket air filter, a pipe and airbox mods and air intake funnels.

There are other guys getting 160+ rwhp as you said from their Thai version cbr1000rrs but with changing the stock ecu to European one - with two new keys, bazzaz or dynojet, a slip on, bigger air intake funnels, a freer flowing air filter and some not that hard modifications in the air box. They say all cost around 80 k THB. I think not bad.

- European ecu is 25 k THB and you can order one easily at Honda Bigwing Pattaya.

- Slip on: 25 - 30 k THB

- Bazzaz or Dynojet: 20 k THB Bazzaz full Z-Fi TC unit is around 20 k THB along with traction control and quick shifter. Dynojet PC5 with ignition module is also around 20 k THB.

- Air filter: 4 K thb

- Funnels and some plastic parts: 4 k thb

total: a bit less than 80 k THB.

So, it is possible to revive this bike up but not sure how smooth the bike will be after all these. I will not be buying this bike only for track days but also for some spirited road riding and even for some commuting and touring.

But then, gearbox will limit you as well. Thai version gearbox is also different than USA and European spec cbr1000rr somehow with taller gearing which makes things very complicated!

Hard to decide!

You lost warranty on the engine only not other parts of the bike and that is if they know you are modifying the bike. If you get a very big and expensive engine problem you can put stock parts back with an effort, possibly they might not even understand and anyway, engine is bullet proof tested and proven on these.

Edited by ll2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi guys

I can help you all out here. I have a 2013 CBR1000RR Fireblade (Japanese Spec), which I bought from Honda Big Wing in Bangkok in July 2013. I have done a lot of reserach of how to full power the bike, I have talked to a lot of mechanics and other Thai fireblade owners and I have finally found out how its done.

I fully converted my CBR to Euro spec recently and have dyno charts of 161 HP at the back wheel to show for it,

Wanna know how....?

There is no easy or cheap way to do this. The ONLY way to get full power out of your blade is to do it this way. No other way will give you full power.

I added a Yoshimura R77 Slip on (which I picked up from the UK recently. Got it posted from Biohazard cycles in USA to my Uk address along with a Bazzaz Z-Fi) and bought it back to Bangko in a suitcase.

The Yoshi Slip on (stainless can and end cap) cost me about 9000 baht. (They are 27,000 baht in thailand). The Bazzaz Z-Fi cost me 9000 baht (They are 17,000 baht in Thailand).

I ran the bike in first (1000km) and had the fist service at Big wing Bkk. Then I purchased the EURO velocity stacks from Honda Bigwing in Bangkok (17215MFL010 and 17225MFL010) for about 1200 baht, They have them on the shelf.

I called up Me Athit at Honda Big Wing in PATTAYA and ordered the Euro spec ECU and 4 blank keys (part number (ECU EURO Spec 38770-MGP-D01). Which cost me about 30,000 baht (with the Big wing 10% discount).

This part took about 4 weeks to arrive from Japan.

I tok the blank keys to a key cutting booth (in Fashion Island) and he charged me 600 baht to cut all 4 Keys to be identical to the originals.

If you do this DONT try them in the ignition, as you will have a problem with the coding. Just try them in the rear seat lock only. (Can always get them adjusted a little from the key cutter later).

I fitted the Yoshi R77 Slip on myself.

I paid BigWing Bangkok about 1200 baht to fit the ECU and code the 4 blank keys for my bike. They also removed the rubber bung (which blocks the ram air) in in the left hand side of the ram air system which is inside the airbox.

I took the bike to RACELINE SUPERBIKE in Bang Na to fit the Bazzaz Z-Fi and set up and tune on their DYNO.

This cost me 9,000 baht. I set it up with a standard airfilter and slip on exhaust and the bike made 161 HP at the back wheel.

The tuner told me I could make about 165HP with full system and a performance airfilter.

I have talked to CBR1000RR owners in the UK and they are making exactly the same HP as my bike.

So mine is FULL Euro spec. There is no other way or cheaper way to do this in Bangkok.

Here are a few pics and a video on youtube.

Any questions please contact me and I'm happy to help you out. I can also easily be found on the Facebook group CBR1000RR Thailand. Justin Patrick.

YOUTUBE VIDEO OF MY DYNO RUN

post-42552-0-79991100-1422624176_thumb.j

post-42552-0-52569500-1422624239_thumb.j

Edited by englishman28
  • Like 2

I also have a NICE NC30 (VFR400). Any guys here need any help with a blade or a VFR400 Im sure I can help you out. Contact me here.

I'm also always looking for anyone in Bangkok to meet up for day trips.

My NC30. (which I've had for 6 years and totally rebuilt).

post-42552-0-90683300-1422624597_thumb.j

post-42552-0-24907800-1422624654_thumb.j

Edited by englishman28

Just to add..... I talked to the service manager at Big Wing and this shouldn't be a problem for the warranty. The CBR engines are SOLID anyway and you shouldn't get a problem with them. Same as the electrics. The only problems reported on the 2008-2014 CBR's are with the ABS systems (Which are fully covered by the warranty).

^

Not a bad idea with the Honda H.I.S.S. security system- the guy I sold my old Honda to promptly lost the only key and ended up swapping out the ignition system as he couldn't source a replacement. Even in a case where Honda can supply a replacement key they're stupidly expensive.

Hi guys

I can help you all out here. I have a 2013 CBR1000RR Fireblade (Japanese Spec), which I bought from Honda Big Wing in Bangkok in July 2013. I have done a lot of reserach of how to full power the bike, I have talked to a lot of mechanics and other Thai fireblade owners and I have finally found out how its done.

I fully converted my CBR to Euro spec recently and have dyno charts of 161 HP at the back wheel to show for it,

Wanna know how....?

There is no easy or cheap way to do this. The ONLY way to get full power out of your blade is to do it this way. No other way will give you full power.

I added a Yoshimura R77 Slip on (which I picked up from the UK recently. Got it posted from Biohazard cycles in USA to my Uk address along with a Bazzaz Z-Fi) and bought it back to Bangko in a suitcase.

The Yoshi Slip on (stainless can and end cap) cost me about 9000 baht. (They are 27,000 baht in thailand). The Bazzaz Z-Fi cost me 9000 baht (They are 17,000 baht in Thailand).

I ran the bike in first (1000km) and had the fist service at Big wing Bkk. Then I purchased the EURO velocity stacks from Honda Bigwing in Bangkok (17215MFL010 and 17225MFL010) for about 1200 baht, They have them on the shelf.

I called up Me Athit at Honda Big Wing in PATTAYA and ordered the Euro spec ECU and 4 blank keys (part number (ECU EURO Spec 38770-MGP-D01). Which cost me about 30,000 baht (with the Big wing 10% discount).

This part took about 4 weeks to arrive from Japan.

I tok the blank keys to a key cutting booth (in Fashion Island) and he charged me 600 baht to cut all 4 Keys to be identical to the originals.

If you do this DONT try them in the ignition, as you will have a problem with the coding. Just try them in the rear seat lock only. (Can always get them adjusted a little from the key cutter later).

I fitted the Yoshi R77 Slip on myself.

I paid BigWing Bangkok about 1200 baht to fit the ECU and code the 4 blank keys for my bike. They also removed the rubber bung (which blocks the ram air) in in the left hand side of the ram air system which is inside the airbox.

I took the bike to RACELINE SUPERBIKE in Bang Na to fit the Bazzaz Z-Fi and set up and tune on their DYNO.

This cost me 9,000 baht. I set it up with a standard airfilter and slip on exhaust and the bike made 161 HP at the back wheel.

The tuner told me I could make about 165HP with full system and a performance airfilter.

I have talked to CBR1000RR owners in the UK and they are making exactly the same HP as my bike.

So mine is FULL Euro spec. There is no other way or cheaper way to do this in Bangkok.

Here are a few pics and a video on youtube.

Any questions please contact me and I'm happy to help you out. I can also easily be found on the Facebook group CBR1000RR Thailand. Justin Patrick.

YOUTUBE VIDEO OF MY DYNO RUN https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbnwIr4t9t8

Cool man. I know it is doablr but thinking like it costs 80 k thb to derestrict.

So for 700 k thb you get an unrestricted honda cbr1000rr which is a very good deal imo.

But how the bike runs? Is it smooth? Fuelling is ok?

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add..... I talked to the service manager at Big Wing and this shouldn't be a problem for the warranty. The CBR engines are SOLID anyway and you shouldn't get a problem with them. Same as the electrics. The only problems reported on the 2008-2014 CBR's are with the ABS systems (Which are fully covered by the warranty).

Thanks for the info. Clear and concise.

• Like 1

Great to hear all went well with the derestriction of your bike and that you are enjoying it. Happy rides!

It's not a bike for me because of the sporty ergonomics but certainly always hear only good things about it. I believe though that Honda will need to bring an updated version this or latest next year because of the competition that basically all stepped up their game and if they bring a naked variant of it with upright riding position that can also do some touring, I'll be interested.

i am getting one next year. I am waiting for the new cbr1000rr for years and once it arrives, i will jump to it. dont want to buy the last year model of a cbr1000rr although it is great at all ways but i feel bad if i buy it now and if they release the new model next year!

depends on the rumored liter bike honda will make in Thailand too - or if they will really release one soon. If they make a nice compact cbr1000f with low weight, i might get that instead maybe.

but, life is complicated at the end, you never know!

• Like 1

i am getting one next year. I am waiting for the new cbr1000rr for years and once it arrives, i will jump to it. dont want to buy the last year model of a cbr1000rr although it is great at all ways but i feel bad if i buy it now and if they release the new model next year!

depends on the rumored liter bike honda will make in Thailand too - or if they will really release one soon. If they make a nice compact cbr1000f with low weight, i might get that instead maybe.

Same here. I dont need an extra 20 hp but i want traction control, riding modes, quickshifter, autoblipper, possibly dynamic shock etc. If Honda can release a new model on par with the R1, s1000 etc (unrestricted) I swear I will be elbowing you out of that BigWing queue like a chinese tourist at the breakfast buffet :)

• Like 2

Same here. I dont need an extra 20 hp but i want traction control, riding modes, quickshifter, autoblipper, possibly dynamic shock etc. If Honda can release a new model on par with the R1, s1000 etc (unrestricted) I swear I will be elbowing you out of that BigWing queue like a chinese tourist at the breakfast buffet smile.png

yep. i think the same. that is why dont want to buy the current cbr1000rr.

but dont forget the v four engine!