Questions on leaving and entering the country with a work permit

I have been to Thailand many times for work but usually only stayed a couple of weeks. Now I am here for the next 12-18 months or longer so now I have to understand the 90 day reporting along with departing and re-entry procedure. I have my work permit and my re-entry permit. According to the paper stapled in my passport I need to do my first 90 day notification on September 3. I will be heading back to the US for a few weeks later this month returning August 1. I understand that the reporting date will change based on my return date to Thailand. Is this correct? When leaving the country is there anything I need to do in addition to filling out the departure card? When I return is there anything extra I need to do in addition to filling out the usual arrival card?

Thanks for the help.

You do not have to a report of staying longer than 90 days if you are not here. You report will be due 90 days from the ate of entry including that date in the count.

Nothing additional needs to be done on departure or arrival. Just write your re-entry permit number on the arrival card in the space for visa number.

You do not have to a report of staying longer than 90 days if you are not here. You report will be due 90 days from the ate of entry including that date in the count.

Nothing additional needs to be done on departure or arrival. Just write your re-entry permit number on the arrival card in the space for visa number.

Thanks for the info. With all of the discussions on other visa and reportimg topics I thought it would be more complex. Since my job is a regional job I'll be travelling out of the country every couple of months for a week or 2 at a time. I may never need to do an actual 90 day reporting since I may not be in Thailand for more than 90 days at a time. That is until I retire.