How much should an established live-in Thai housekeeper be paid?

attrayant

How much should a live-in Thai housekeeper be paid?  

180 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why paying so little?

Op, never heard about the minimum wages?

I live north east and i know that... minimum wages are 9000 bath/month for a 7standard working week of 5 days.

Her working her but of for you and your family rmembers modern slavery...

I have a nephew, 15 years old, started as "door boy" in a Bangkok hotel, he gets 9k + single room, free food and free drinks and clothing. Also insurance...

If this lady is trustwordy and loyal, then the least you could do is paying her a decent salary...

Between 12 and 15 k + insurance.

Dont go for less, you ll regret it if she leaves.

Have you heard of the minimum wage here because it is not 9000baht/20days = 450 baht a day, especially not up in Isaan.

Minimum wages are nation wide...

For the most correct info, ask your local amphoe...

Advice: never involve yourself paying someone less then minimum, as farang it will bite back...

Op's question was easy, the answers obviously not...

Yes, the minimum national minimum wage is now 300 baht/day, even in Isaan now, but that is not 9000 baht/month for a 5 day work week. Also I don't believe that insurance is legally mandatory here either.

Thai minimum is 9000 a month, people like to divide that in a calculation per day...

My missus works in the Or Bor Tor office... ( Nong Khai Province, Pho tak district )

As soon you employ beyond a temporary job, there are many rules to follow...

You can not deduct meals and stay from the wages, in some cases insurance is mandatory...

If you want to keep good people, then pay them accordingly ...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pay her what u can, im going through shit now regarding this. Pay what u think is fair. I wanna pay more to keep a good maid around. My wife says its too much but then the maid leaves cuz she can get more elsewhere. It sucks. If u find a good one pay her 8,000 for sure if u can afford it. Hell, pay 10k if shes worth it, doing laundry sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Ask your wife to do the work instead and then see how fast she lets you pay more ! Who is the gaffer in your house then ? Pay what YOU want to pay and be happy with a good job done.

If she does a good job and is trustworthy and if money alone with retain her (as has been said here, she may have other reasons for leaving), then raise her salary.

Losing a good maid and trying to find a new good and trustworthy maid is a nighmare. Far more difficult than one may think and a massive impact to the household.

Why paying so little?

Op, never heard about the minimum wages?

I live north east and i know that... minimum wages are 9000 bath/month for a 7standard working week of 5 days.

Her working her but of for you and your family rmembers modern slavery...

I have a nephew, 15 years old, started as "door boy" in a Bangkok hotel, he gets 9k + single room, free food and free drinks and clothing. Also insurance...

If this lady is trustwordy and loyal, then the least you could do is paying her a decent salary...

Between 12 and 15 k + insurance.

Dont go for less, you ll regret it if she leaves.

Have you heard of the minimum wage here because it is not 9000baht/20days = 450 baht a day, especially not up in Isaan.

Minimum wages are nation wide...

For the most correct info, ask your local amphoe...

Advice: never involve yourself paying someone less then minimum, as farang it will bite back...

Op's question was easy, the answers obviously not...

Yes, the minimum national minimum wage is now 300 baht/day, even in Isaan now, but that is not 9000 baht/month for a 5 day work week. Also I don't believe that insurance is legally mandatory here either.

Thai minimum is 9000 a month, people like to divide that in a calculation per day...

My missus works in the Or Bor Tor office... ( Nong Khai Province, Pho tak district )

As soon you employ beyond a temporary job, there are many rules to follow...

You can not deduct meals and stay from the wages, in some cases insurance is mandatory...

If you want to keep good people, then pay them accordingly ...

The minimum has been widely reported as 300b a day. Many workers in Thailand are day workers not salaried monthly paid workers. And yes you cannot deduct meals and accommodation BUT you can charge for it. I have a friend who used to work for CP chicken. The salary was about 9,300baht per month for a 6 day week BUT the single employees HAD to stay in company housing (1 room apartments) at 1600b each plus 400b for water electric. Curfew at 10pm as in no re entry to housing compound after 10pm. But anyway back to the OP if I were the family I would definitely be reaching out to find out WHY the maid was contemplating leaving.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app