Ants in Fridge

duanebigsby

Well they are either Russian ants or maybe you need a new door seal for your fridge to stop them getting in, in the first place.

Edited by Tywais
Removed quote of flame
  • Like 2

Well they are either Russian ants or maybe you need a new door seal for your fridge to stop them getting in, in the first place.

Duane, I want to ask a sensible question.

Was that ant holes you were talking about? Because obviously they are obviously not going to want the fridge turned in.

If you are having problems turning the fridge on, PM Crossy, as he's an electrician and he might help you work out how to press the button, or flick the switch.

I wish you well.

• Like 2

Are they living in the door or near the compressor where its warm and going into the cool area for a quick snack? See if you see where they are walking to and get behind the panel where they are disappearing.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm flabbergasted with you.

So, you saw the ants in, and you are still have the fridge on?

Do you understand, you are torturing, these lovely creatures.

I'm contemplating to report you to the WWF.

Edited by Tywais
Flame removed
  • Like 1

If setting fire to your kitchen is not in your plans, you could try an anteater.

The best anteater to get is the Vark with a flick knife, also known as an Aard-Vark.

For the bigger ants you will need the advanced Mk2 version, also known as a Well Aard-Vark.

Edited by tonytigerbkk
  • Like 2

Are they living in the door or near the compressor where its warm and going into the cool area for a quick snack? See if you see where they are walking to and get behind the panel where they are disappearing.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You can check on that with a magnifying glass....these in the cold area wear a small Pullover and boots.

If you haven't noticed them before then as previous poster noted, they probably we're in something that you recently put in there.

Bee's in a hive can winter over in sub-zero weather by generating their own heat closely packed.

I wouldn't suspect you have that many ants but if after emptying contents and cleaning

you continue to see them I would suspect a faulty door seal or some perforation thru the back.

Obviously they're either coming and going per above or the remnants of an import.

Good luck.

Edited by cobra

If you haven't noticed them before then as previous poster noted, they probably we're in something that you recently put in there.

Bee's in a hive can winter over in sub-zero weather by generating their own heat closely packed.

I wouldn't suspect you have that many ants but if after emptying contents and cleaning

you continue to see them I would suspect a faulty door seal or some perforation thru the back.

Obviously they're either coming and going per above or the remnants of an import.

Good luck.

heck you are right....how do I protect my fridge from getting a bee's hive in it?

I reckon they just want to chill out.

OK I'll get my coat.

Seriously, as others have noted clean out the fridge well, check and clean the door seal (even the really tiny ones shouldn't get past a magnetic seal).

Let me join in....

Turn the setting colder, they should move on unless they are from the ant-artic!

But what is if they are ants from Novosibirsk that came with a Russian Tourist. Now the fridge is the only place they can survive the hot weather. By setting it even colder you may make it more comfortable for them.

Setting it warmer will force them to move out.

1: They can't, in a properly working fridge.

2: (1) Empty and defrost fridge. (2) Clean thoroughly with soap and water. (3) Turn fridge back on and ensure it's working as advertised - i.e. cold. (4) Put beer back in fridge.

Or else he could spread copious amounts of sugar elsewhere in the kitchen to distract their attention from the fridge.

What in particular seems to be attracting them in the fridge? Putting the lids back on jars, scraping up newly spilled items and using Ziploc bags for last week's carryout left-overs might frustrate them.

I wouldn't say this to most people, but after reading through this thread it might be appropriate to mention that you shouldn't put commercial ant-poison in the fridge. Sometimes it's best to resist the easiest, most direct solutions.

Costas you are such a tease- I would have thought in your domesticated role- you would have supplied a home remedy from some old lady in one of the Greek islands.

• Like 1

Costas you are such a tease- I would have thought in your domesticated role- you would have supplied a home remedy from some old lady in one of the Greek islands.

Now there's a thought: sprinkle some Ouzo on the floor! that will kill anything!

• Like 1