โลกส่วนตัว

cocopops

Edit: Ah heck... Title should have been "Translation of คนที่มีโลกส่วนตัว". But that is apparently too long for a title and then when I was trying to fix it I accidentally posted with the wrong subject... Sorry, all - computers and me never seem to to get on as well as I would like!

"Kon tee mee lohk suan dua soong". Literally something along the lines of "a person with a large private world".

A few people have tried to explain this to me, but I haven't been able to understand exactly what it means. Introvert? Loner? A self-involved person?

Can anyone help me understand this one?

Thanks in advance,

Cocopops.

Edited by SlyAnimal
Edited title for OP

From what I gather, it's someone who is just happy in their own little world (As we'd say in English).

Did someone say that about you? or maybe your kids? As I think it's a phrase which would often describe a lot of the farang in Thailand (Well in the countryside anyway), as we often just happy doing our own thing and don't need to be involved with the community/neighbours etc.

• Like 1

From what I gather, it's someone who is just happy in their own little world (As we'd say in English).

Did someone say that about you? or maybe your kids? As I think it's a phrase which would often describe a lot of the farang in Thailand (Well in the countryside anyway), as we often just happy doing our own thing and don't need to be involved with the community/neighbours etc.

Right, said about me in friendly conversation. "Off in your own little world" or similar fits the context well. Thanks!