Pizza

Jiimmy

We're stuck with only one option as we live quite far out of town. But we order from Pizza Company often. It's OK. Wifey likes the pasta. Easy to order online and delivery in 30 minutes. Might be worth a try....

Try Pizza Big in Naklua. Wood fired oven, best pizza in Pattaya. From the Dolphin circle procede up Naklua road about 1 km and they are on the right side.

My friends and I have been regulars for many, many years in this place, despite an owner that does not even greet the few times he is actually present. The pizza has always been excellent. The last few weeks we have made several visits and every single time the misc. pizzas we had, were more or less sweet. We could not figure out what the problem was, staff was not responsive. Cheese? Oil? Dough? Tomato-Sauce. No idea. Some of them hardly edible. Also clearly the amount of fillings down 20% at least. We have now decided to give up o this place, sadly. Hope we can find replacement soon. In fact a good US-style Pizza would be great! w00t.gif MS>

We're stuck with only one option as we live quite far out of town. But we order from Pizza Company often. It's OK. Wifey likes the pasts. Easy to order online and delivery in 30 minutes. Might be worth a try....

We have often tried other pizza places/Italian restuarants etc, but always end up going back to 1112

A safe bet. although they should never have done away with their thin and crispy pizza, very odd that they did that wink.png

• Like 1

There is a very good pizza place in Jomtien, on beach road, before you get the the sand pit and big market. It is called Soletto. The owner is from Italy and knows how to cook the perfect thin crust pizza. Personally, I like his pizza cappricosa (sorry about the spelling).

• Like 1

I used to frequent Big Pizza, but reckon this place is better: Grottino. It's on Soi 33 off Pattaya/Naklua Road, about 200 metres up from Dolphin roundabout on the right hand side. Very friendly Italian owner, very good pizzas from a wood fired oven.

• Like 1

I am equally delighted by the Pattaya forum in its entirety. Its burger threads and Baht bus topics are stories life itself chiseled into the unforgetting slates of the Internet.

A threefold hip hip hooray to the Pattaya forum.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Who knew you had the soul of a poet? clap2.gif

• Like 1

It really does exist and it is worth the prices. Like everyone else, well everyone else who isn't living on some shoe-string budget, I can order from any number of pizza places in Pattaya. I just want very good pizza, and these are exactly that.

It really does exist and it is worth the prices. Like everyone else, well everyone else who isn't living on some shoe-string budget, I can order from any number of pizza places in Pattaya. I just want very good pizza, and these are exactly that.

Just confirming it.

The website seemed a little sketchy.

If I were them, I would probably make a bigger effort to justify their prices.

Glad to hear it's going well.

Edited by Jingthing

Try Pizza Big in Naklua. Wood fired oven, best pizza in Pattaya. From the Dolphin circle procede up Naklua road about 1 km and they are on the right side.

My friends and I have been regulars for many, many years in this place, despite an owner that does not even greet the few times he is actually present. The pizza has always been excellent. The last few weeks we have made several visits and every single time the misc. pizzas we had, were more or less sweet. We could not figure out what the problem was, staff was not responsive. Cheese? Oil? Dough? Tomato-Sauce. No idea. Some of them hardly edible. Also clearly the amount of fillings down 20% at least. We have now decided to give up o this place, sadly. Hope we can find replacement soon. In fact a good US-style Pizza would be great! w00t.gif MS>

Agree with you. They used to make good pizzas. Last time was a disappointment, less filling and VERY oily.

• Like 1

Agree with you. They used to make good pizzas. Last time was a disappointment, less filling and VERY oily.

Agree...Pizza Big is so last decade, where wood-fired pizza ovens were a rare sight in Pattaya. Now, any pizza place with Euro-style pies worth its salt has one.

For American style pizza, NY Pizza is the best...fugetaboutit!

I was also a bit disappointed with pizza big upon my last visit. Since I don't live far from la grotta and fabrice, it's not an issue for me.

Next step is to figure out how to make pizza at home.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Agree...Pizza Big is so last decade, where wood-fired pizza ovens were a rare sight in Pattaya. Now, any pizza place with Euro-style pies worth its salt has one.

For American style pizza, NY Pizza is the best...fugetaboutit!

I haven't been to Pizza Big in about 3 months. Guess I'll have to go back for another look and see if all the recent negative reports are true.

Pizza Company for me. Half hour or less delivery, fair prices (if you shop their specials) and a consistant product.

I do usually get the extra cheese and one of the sausages are more like hotdogs but other than that, I'm happy.

Nice little covered outside pizza shop in soi arunothai open mon-sat 6pm to midnight,and also wood fired oven, owner french but you dont need to know that,very reasonably priced.

Locaton head towards sukhumvit road along pattaya klang at the traffic lights at bigC make a right into soi arunothai continue for 200 yards premises set back from road on the left hand side,downside is no parking area nearby so motorbike/baht taxi or leg power being the only option.biggrin.png

Edited by Brit_Doggie
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Tried Pizza Big in Naklua the other day. Was pretty good italian style imho. Reasonable prices. Opens at noon with other italian things on the menu including pastas etc. I would say it was as good with similar pricing to La Bocca in Jomtien for pizza (never tried anything else at either place). So either place would do depending on your location. Ambiance is similar but La Bocca may be a bit nicer fine dining type feel if that is of importance to you. Marinara was about 200baht and Ham and Pineapple was around 250baht as I recall. That seems to be what you will pay for italian style with good imported cheese pretty much anywhere around town.

Most if not all of the Thai pizza places such as Loaf Bakery use the cheaper local cheese which has almost no flavor. Cheese makes the pizza. Unless a place specializes in pizza or uses a lot of cheese such as an italian restaurant my advice is to avoid it because it is almost certain they use the local cheese.

If you don't want italian style then Pizza Company is the no brainer can't go wrong consistently good go to place if in doubt and of course they have their own reliable delivery service. They do use good cheese which is the most important thing. Don't like dining in with them. Often crying babies or kids running around. Service from poorly paid and trained Thai staff often lacking.

I don't do NY Pizza anymore. They seem to have changed their ingredients to save money and it's like eating sawdust now. Not sure what they did. Some speculation they use different flour and water down their pizza sauce. I think they still use good cheese but the other things are enough to stop me from going there anymore. Used to be my favorite.

Edited by lapd
  • Like 1