Dead American found bound and bruised

geovalin

The body of an American man was found bound, wrapped in a curtain and dumped in a trash heap in Phnom Penh’s Por Sen Chey district early this morning.

You Ma, from Phnom Penh Municipal Police’s toxicology department, identified the victim as 43-year-old US national William Glenn.

Khim Sarann, police chief for Por Sen Chey district, confirmed the case is being treated as a murder.

"We will investigate to find the killer,” he said.

One witness who saw the body before police arrived said the wrists and ankles appeared to have been tied with shoe laces.

In the mortuary at Stung Meanchey pagoda, Post reporters saw what appeared to be heavy bruising on the man’s chest and neck area.

The US Embassy in Phnom Penh declined to comment.

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/dead-american-found-bound-and-bruised

A 44-year-old American man was found strangled to death on the outskirts of Phnom Penh early Wednesday morning. His bruised body was wrapped in a curtain bound with duct tape and thrown onto a dumpsite on a dirt road in Prek Pnov district, police and villagers said.

The American came to Cambodia from Bangkok just over a month ago and posted his resume to several Cambodian expat websites seeking work as a teacher in Phnom Penh.

“I just arrived 2 days ago, with very little information from anyone, because I’ve never met anyone that’s taught here,” he wrote in a post on the website Expat Blog on May 4.

He began teaching English at Golden Gate American School’s Tuol Kok campus in June, but according to the school’s accountant, Kun Thy, he left after one month when the term ended.

“He stopped working at the end of the month as it was the end of the school year, so he only worked for a month—he always came to work, but I don’t know if he was coming back or anything else,” she said.

Three days ago, he posted a job ad on the Beijing-based online magazine The Beijinger seeking immediate employment as a summer camp teacher, requesting “free accommodation starting in the next few days.”

William Glenn was also a part-time evening class teacher at Collingwood English Institute, but the school’s new director, Michael Sharpe, said the American had not turned up for scheduled classes this week.

he’d been teaching for about 18 years in Thailand and China and he’d said he was fed up with it. Apart from that, no one knew anything about him,” he said.

The U.S. Embassy declined to comment citing privacy concerns.

http://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/us-man-found-murdered-at-city-dumpsite-63702/

he pissed off someone,

talk on the khmer forum that is was his Thai ex who has powerful friends

That's what I read too. But an international hit like this does sound strange. One would not expect a Thai to order a hit on someone in Cambodia.

Oh yes I would. Cambodia make Thailand look like angles. Nothing like a scorned Thai EX..

Edited by khwaibah
  • Like 1

He had some kind of chicken restaurant business with his ex but when they broke up she kept the business and the money and started seeing an African gentleman according to the deceased. He then moved to China in July 2013 from Bangkok.

He had some kind of chicken restaurant business with his ex but when they broke up she kept the business and the money and started seeing an African gentleman according to the deceased. He then moved to China in July 2013 from Bangkok.

I suspect all is not going to end well for either the ex or her new African gentleman.

The guy should have stayed in China - it's not known to attract Thais for extra-territorial killings. Then again I was surprised about the Cambodia killing too. If it involved Khmers, no surprise at all, depending on who he knew or what he did, but Thais?

he pissed off someone,

talk on the khmer forum that is was his Thai ex who has powerful friends

That's what I read too. But an international hit like this does sound strange. One would not expect a Thai to order a hit on someone in Cambodia.

Oh yes I would. Cambodia make Thailand look like angles. Nothing like a scorned Thai EX..

I agree but what surprises me is that a Thai would go to Cambodia or arrange for someone in Cambodia to kill her ex. How? Thais can't normally speak Khmer and how would they know their way around? It's all a bit fishy if you ask me. There must have been some kind of Khmer involvement.

I suspect all is not going to end well for either the ex or her new African gentleman.

The guy should have stayed in China - it's not known to attract Thais for extra-territorial killings. Then again I was surprised about the Cambodia killing too. If it involved Khmers, no surprise at all, depending on who he knew or what he did, but Thais?

The hiring of a hit man is dirt cheep is this part of the world.