How many thaivisa members actually post from thailand....

soistranger

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To answer post #57, sorry TV quote jinx strikes again.

Great stuff.

And "turn electric dreams into reality."

"Charged with cosmic energy, has the world gone mad or is it me"?

Probably me, but all I need is adjusting

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

(For insiders) Lanna is an Empire, but the God of that Empire can't return to his country just now

A mystery

That proves your a definite newbie to Thailand.

(For insiders) Lanna is an Empire, but the God of that Empire can't return to his country just now

A mystery

Never been to Thailand, I'm posting on the Bolivia Visa forum, it's all the same stuff

A mystery

Never been to Thailand, I'm posting on the Bolivia Visa forum, it's all the same stuff

A mystery

Your aiming is way way off thumbsup.gif

A mystery

That's what the wife said, señor

I have a little flat above soi Cowboy and have never traveled further than the end of the soi, but I am an expert on all things Thai

Fair point though that living here, or having lived here for decades, one could still have a very limited vision on what's going on. On the other hand, de Toqueville only spent 9 months in America and 180 years later his writings are still famous.

And some foreign governments seem to have even less idea of what's going on here. sad.png

edit typo edit.

Edited by bigbamboo

A mystery

That's what the wife said, señor

So, judging by the ridiculous posts, many posters don't live in Thailand.

Some do. Some don't. Some do sometimes.

So why the ridiculous posts that would embarrass a 5 year old ?

Most don't live here , some of the so called esteemed experts who would have you believe they live here, don't, they just want to.

They work overseas and know more about the poxy desert than they know about Thailand.

A few weeks a year does not an expert make, and having a Thai wife who would have married a well heeled Baboon doesn't cut it either.

• Like 1

Most don't live here , some of the so called esteemed experts who would have you believe they live here, don't, they just want to.

They work overseas and know more about the poxy desert than they know about Thailand.

A few weeks a year does not an expert make, and having a Thai wife who would have married a well heeled Baboon doesn't cut it either.

". . . well heeled Baboon" cheesy.gif

Edited by MJP
  • Like 1

A well heeled baboon......and you complain about people bashing thais......no guts no glory.....

• Like 2

A few weeks a year does make you an expert.

If you send money Expert +1

If she has kids to someone else Expert +2

If she no longer works in the Bar you meet her at Expert +3

If you track your Thai wife via cellphone Expert +4

and so it keeps going..

Never posted or checked in to TV when in Thailand as have much better things to do, sorry.

Fair point, but you might find that after the first month of *retirement* in Thailand, things are different. I admit that I've wanted to walk away from this board on several occasions but the hard info in the Visa and Health sections is (usually) a complete contrast to the opinion-based drivel in General Topics. That said, I don't know why anyone under 50 would post here other than to ask a visa-related question, but it seems that they do.

Well I live in Thailand and I've only ever posted from here for the past eight years, let me tell you it's no fun trying to correct the myths created by the two week experts who seem to be able to understand the finest details of Thai culture.

• Like 1

Well I live in Thailand and I've only ever posted from here for the past eight years, let me tell you it's no fun trying to correct the myths created by the two week experts who seem to be able to understand the finest details of Thai culture.

I know nothing about Thai culture and precious little of the language, but do you really think ThaiVisa is a beacon for those who are genuinely interested in immersing themselves in the culture ? I suspect that you know as well as I do that there are long timers whose sole purpose on this board seems to be Thai-bashing - what have they really learned for all their years in Thailand beyond bitterness and defeat ? At least when I run into some poor sod in the bars who is convinced that 'his' girl really loves him I can smile and reflect on the journey. I live here now and - God willing - I'll die here, but I'm damned if I'll get into pissing contests about who knows more about Thailand and its people.

I know nothing about Thai culture and precious little of the language, but do you really think ThaiVisa is a beacon for those who are genuinely interested in immersing themselves in the culture ? I suspect that you know as well as I do that there are long timers whose sole purpose on this board seems to be Thai-bashing - what have they really learned for all their years in Thailand beyond bitterness and defeat ? At least when I run into some poor sod in the bars who is convinced that 'his' girl really loves him I can smile and reflect on the journey. I live here now and - God willing - I'll die here, but I'm damned if I'll get into pissing contests about who knows more about Thailand and its people.

A kiwi restaurant owner in bkk who I thought knew the most about thailand had never even heard of thaivisa . Lol

The ones you agree with live here. The ones you disagree with are trolls. That's how it seems to work, anyway.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

11) Do not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Seems pretty obvious to me. Don't make no difference where one lives. I don't believe there is an exception allowed if a Thai dumps you or treats you bad in real time or in the virtual world or if you don't like George Bush.

Edited by thailiketoo

Thailand? Damn. I thought this was a Taiwan forum.

Sent from my C6902 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I thought it was a Tie Rack shop

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1