Rice-pledging scheme: Nationwide checks continue to find fault with rice stocks

webfact

Fab in my previous posts I have already dug up evidence that there was no money budgeted for the rice program as a cost. They did put some money in a revolving fund but the program was supposed to be cost neutral or even turn at a profit. That was why there was no money budgeted for it. I took the time to get the 2011 and 2012 budgets for agriculture and look at them. It will take time to get that post back but it shows they did not budget for it.

That was the reason they got so angry when was shown that huge losses were made because if they included that in their budget they could not spend as much on other programs (to steal and buy more votes) as they wanted. Later in the program they MIGHT have budgetted a bit for it but the first years not because they already were at the max deficit.

You may well have done but I fail to see what it has to do with my reply to baerboxer. Oh and it would probably make me take more notice of your posts if you didn't add unfounded accusations to them............

"because if they included that in their budget they could not spend as much on other programs (to steal and buy more votes) as they wanted" but hey everybody else does it so why shouldn't you, eh?

Nothing unfounded about those accusations.

By not taking this in the budget more money was available for their other popular policies. I fail to see how its unfounded.

Also by not taking this into the budget more money was available for big projects and we all know a lot get skimmed of the top there. So nothing unfounded there either unless you believe this was not the case ?

I see you ignore the fact that your reply to my post was irrelevant.

Instead we have the usual "we all know" post. Difficult to discuss as there is plenty of supposition and opinion but little else. At the end of the day, it's your opinion, and frankly, you're welcome to it.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the finds show at least that a cleanup of the way rice was stored and administered was long overdue.

BTW I think this rice inventory only part of the RPPS story. The BAAC paid out close to one trillion Baht to anyone showing the correct government provided documentation. Therefor there should be a direct relation between money paid out and 'services' provided (i.e. in the form of paddy, warehouse space, transport, etc.).

I'm afraid only the final profit/loss conclusion will fit on that A4 page we've been waiting for for so long. Maybe one of those by now empty warehouses will be big enough to store all paperwork the RPPS produced and is still producing wink.png

Edited by rubl

As for your claim about Yingluck, as far as I can read from the news reports she is denying that she is guilty of corruption.

You say that as if some one in there right mind would actually say the opposite to that ,"I am guilty of corruption". The first lessons to being good at corruption is deny everything. The first lessons to being an all round good criminal is deny everything. She is good at denying isn't she? She is so good at it she actually employed a minister for denying. Pongthep Nopparit who was the hardest working man in the PTP.

I wonder if the corruption allegations are only in our imagination brought on by the hot weather?

I remember when she denied inflation was rising after the 300 baht minimum wage increase. She had the nerve to say it was in the peoples imagination that was brought on by the hot weather as well. That is the contempt she showed to the people that voted her in.

But without retracting further lets look at the above that would make a dodge ball champion envious.

Yet Yingluck just 2 days ago continues to cling to the hilarious opinion that all is (and always has been) well with the rice scam

Fab4 replies asking what the Rice Chairmans salary was.

Maybe it is in my imagination, but I see a pattern forming. Cold hard truths are presented which are then dodged and the subject derailed quicker than the express train to Chiang Mai.

Yingluck did deny the scheme had any problems 2 days ago. She did state the scheme had no irregularities. So this denying is a pre programmed state she has entered into and is so ingrained into her ethos that I feel there must be a usb port on her somewhere to allow the uploading of "denying" software.

I don't blame credit the junta with Yinluck's downfall. Sooner or later she was going to crash and burn and bring her entire party down with her.

Her criminal brother is the one responsible for the mess she is in, but she is just as guilty for being party to this charade.

Trying to rush the Amnesty bill through was her downfall, the rice scam is the icing on the rotten cake.

...................."Fab4 replies asking what the Rice Chairmans salary was.

Maybe it is in my imagination, but I see a pattern forming. Cold hard truths are presented which are then dodged and the subject derailed quicker than the express train to Chiang Mai.".............................

Interesting comment djjamie.

I have a theory on this matter ; that the harder they try to win these arguments and get the upper hand, the more biased, hypocritical and bigoted they are, the less likely they are to ever admit that their side "may" be in the wrong or overstepped the mark, the less credibility they have.

You could not blame someone for thinking these type of posters have a hidden agenda, and are not genuine Ptp/redshirt fans.

Also some of the better trolls annoying posters are adept at starting arguments, keeping them going but never winning them, so they change the subject. One poster who was formerly known as phipodon was very good in this field. biggrin.png

I have given up on the fab 4 clan. Talking to them reminds me of talking to Republicans and trying to get them to admit they started two unwinnable wars and sat around watching with full knowledge that a depression was coming and did nothing. Or trying to convince Hitler that the Jewish nation were not deserving of his attempted annihilation.

On the other hand to give them credit they may have come from a country that makes the PTP red shirts look like saints. So it is impossible for them to see where any thing the PTP red shirts do is wrong. I don't believe that to be the case but it would explain their attitude.

• Like 1

As I posted earlier on the other topic about the checks in N si T, they are still finding problems and no doubt will continue to find them.

Panadda visits Udon Thani for rice inspection

UDON THANI, 13 July 2014 (NNT) – M.L. Panadda Diskul, Permanent Secretary to the Office of the Prime Minister has monitored rice inspection in Udon Thani Province with the relevant authorities today.

The overall check found rice to be of normal quality except the 3rd warehouse which was mostly destroyed by snout beetles.

Other companies will continue to inspect until 20 July and will summarize the results of the rice quality to the 2nd Regional Army later.

Snout beetles in the rice. A new PC name for politicians, Nope.

rice-weevil-150x150.png

Rice weevils are 1/8- to 1/4-inch long, reddish brown to black snout beetles.

Adults can live for 6 to 8 months and may be found some distance from infested articles.

The larval stage is a legless grub that develops inside kernels of rice, wheat or corn, or other whole grains or caked materials. Development from egg to adult takes as little as 1 month.

As I posted earlier on the other topic about the checks in N si T, they are still finding problems and no doubt will continue to find them.

Panadda visits Udon Thani for rice inspection

UDON THANI, 13 July 2014 (NNT) M.L. Panadda Diskul, Permanent Secretary to the Office of the Prime Minister has monitored rice inspection in Udon Thani Province with the relevant authorities today.

The overall check found rice to be of normal quality except the 3rd warehouse which was mostly destroyed by snout beetles.

Other companies will continue to inspect until 20 July and will summarize the results of the rice quality to the 2nd Regional Army later.

Snout beetles in the rice. A new PC name for politicians, Nope.

rice-weevil-150x150.png

Rice weevils are 1/8- to 1/4-inch long, reddish brown to black snout beetles.

Adults can live for 6 to 8 months and may be found some distance from infested articles.

The larval stage is a legless grub that develops inside kernels of rice, wheat or corn, or other whole grains or caked materials. Development from egg to adult takes as little as 1 month.

So 12 populations a year.

Wowzers. That is a lot of fumigation.