Checking nominees in a company ltd

Not sure if I am posting in the right section. But because many have a visa and a work permit which depends on a company limited, I decided to post here.

Lately the bookkeeping office told me I had to expect a visit on a certain date from government officials from the panit changwat (office at provincial level dealing with business registrations). They couldn't tell me what it was about, but told me to come and collect bookkeeping related documents at their office.

The officials being here, it became clear they were checking foreigner run company limited's in this upcountry area for nominee shareholders. In my case, both the Thai shareholders (wife and sister in law) were here when they carried out the check, and that seemed to satisfy them. They commented on the company only making so and so much profit, and inquired if the shareholders were getting a share of the profit. I told them they weren't, but that they did receive salaries because of also working here.

All in all the situation seemed to satisfy them, they used the term borisuht jai, which can roughly be translated as innocent, sincere, no bad intentions.

Maybe I should mention "my" company exists since 1995, and I have been in my present place since 2000. Also it is a transparent operation, a small resort on a 1 rai plot of land.

Could be they would be more interested in say a company limited which buys land and builds villas which are subsequently sold to foreigners, the shareholders being staff of the lawyer's office..