bad things happened- why not to me?

Crazy chef 1

i really like to read,browse and comment on our forum and don't get me wrong there are quiet a few things here which are pi$$ing me of.

but i read on a daily base about the evil girls with the only intension to scam out as much money as they can of the poor farang...

the extended Issan family with the same intension and guide lines to do so- just borrowed 100k from my wifes ISSAN family.

the insane traffic- actually true but after a while you/ i get use to it.

the bad food- in my case also true,though i find alternatives.

the jet ski( and other scams)-never had the neccesity to rent one,especialy after in know what can be happen.

the evel landlords- got 2 times the major parts of my deposits back even my dogs destroyed quiet a lot.

double pricing- not here,not with me...

the evil neighbours- got just some but generally nice fellas.

the horrific english skills of our hosts- though i learned SOME Thai.

the horrible bar girls and lady boys- just be out of the scene since a while.

the touts- never got approached by one.

and so on

is just me who can live here quiet happy or has it to do with attitude,patience or accepting(not understanding) that things are different here.

for me i quiet like it( even i work here) can't complain too much.may some member of our bashing brigade should think about there own behavior,expectations and approach to a different culture.

....and now friends: give me >deleted<

btw: no rose tinted glasses anymore,with both feets in "real" life

• Like 1

im happy with my lot too,,

yes there are things that we know go on,

and i agree the driving, well what can you say about that, but like you say you get used to it and start to think, he is going to turn right in front of me and you get ready for it,

im like you i dont get double prices, even if i go to the mkt alone,

but all in all i wouldnt change things,

jake

• Like 1

OP, have you ever considered that may be you have had "bad" happened to you, but you either did not realize it, did not understand it or simply did not take it as seriously as others

Then, another main factor to consider is where you come from. ie say if you came from nice city or good suburb into a bad one, naturally you will notice the difference, but if you came from a $hit hole, into a similar or a better place, things look much better.

Personally, way over a decade here, i have experienced all you have listed, and do not really regret any of it, because i learned from my experiences and mistakes

Edited by Pralaad

You seem to be filled with hubris; sounds like tempting fate to me.

Also, your life can't be that great if you have to borrow money from your in-laws.......

why not? if i have to pay a bigger amount they help me and vice versa depence on the circumstances @ the moment mama is pregnant though we need some more cash- nothing wrong with this,we are a family.

• Like 1

OP, have you ever considered that may be you have had "bad" happened to you, but you either did not realize it, did not understand it or simply did not take it as seriously as others

Then, another main factor to consider is where you come from. ie say if you came from nice city or good suburb into a bad one, naturally you will notice the difference, but if you came from a $hit hole, into a similar or a better place, things look much better.

Personally, way over a decade here, i have experienced all you have listed, and do not really regret any of it, because i learned from my experiences and mistakes

wise words to think about it- honestly.

may i am just lucky.

btw i had a nice childhood,big city,decent education,good job,nothing spectacular but as stated before- happy here.

Crap thread OP, sorry......coffee1.gif

Sorry about my post. thing is I have known many guys here on cloud nine yet they do not know what I know is going on behind their scene. Not saying you have a problem, but I just dislike the "I have a noooooo problem" topic, why, cos I feel for the guys I know have problems coming along...

may i am just lucky.

btw i had a nice childhood,big city,decent education,good job,nothing spectacular but as stated before- happy here.

Have you ever paid more than the local? The answer would be a yes :)

Have you ever been quoted silly prices because you were a foreigner? The answer is a yes :)

Have you ever been given wrong information which ended up costing you money or time? The answer is a yes:)

You see, you have experienced it, but did not make a big deal out of it.

Some people will wait for 1 baht change and make a huge scene about being short changed,Others will leave 100 baht tip and enjoy the rest of their day.

• Like 1

Crap thread OP, sorry......coffee1.gif

Sorry about my post. thing is I have known many guys here on cloud nine yet they do not know what I know is going on behind their scene. Not saying you have a problem, but I just dislike the "I have a noooooo problem" topic, why, cos I feel for the guys I know have problems coming along...

no worries mr hot rod.i won't deny that a lot of crap is going on here and many times i am swaering like a sea man.my point is the apprach or as you english guys are saying: what comes around goes around.and i feel for those guys too some really good ones got burned but the majority got self inflicted problems-imho.

Crazy Chef.....have lived here 10 years...and I also have never had a major problem .....is everything perfect? NO ....but not much different than anywhere else in the world...Scams, liars, cheats and thieves are everywhere....being aware is your best defense no matter where you live....

Not saying to be paranoid ....but ...just be on guard.

I've heard it said ...when something bothers you its not your problem until you SAY something to them (whoever is causing the problem) then it becomes YOUR problem!....I guess moral of the story is to do as the Thai's do....don't say anything or complain

Hey ...good luck and as for me ....I knock on wood everyday! The Thai's have their superstitions and I have mine....oh well.

Edited by beachproperty
  • Like 1

may i am just lucky.

Have you ever been quoted silly prices because you were a foreigner? The answer is a yes :)

Have you ever been given wrong information which ended up costing you money or time? The answer is a yes:)

Some people will wait for 1 baht change and make a huge scene about being short changed,Others will leave 100 baht tip and enjoy the rest of their day.

we need to set prioritys, isn't?

may i am just lucky.

Have you ever paid more than the local? The answer would be a yes smile.png

Have you ever been quoted silly prices because you were a foreigner? The answer is a yes smile.png

we need to set prioritys, isn't?

thumbsup.gif

may i am just lucky.

just define your own priorities! a lost of10 baht i can take- a lost of a happy day i don't!

may i am just lucky.

Have you ever paid more than the local? The answer would be a yes smile.png

Have you ever been quoted silly prices because you were a foreigner? The answer is a yes smile.png

just define your own priorities! a lost of10 baht i can take- a lost of a happy day i don't!

giggle.gif 10 baht? people run to keyboard over 1 bahtlaugh.png

Some people either really bored or have always been like that.

Look at the amount of silly threads like, my neighbors are this or that. I have a few neighbors who piss me off, i simply ignore them, funny enough, one started to complain that i think i am a hi-so, to which i replied, i am a hi-so, problem finished.

You have people running to keyboard over silly things like, when i walk past a house, dogs run out, well fck me, take a different route.

People run to keyboard, after meeting the love of their life over internet and can not understand why they got scammed,

It seems to me that a lot of people around the world have simply turned into a bunch of whiners...whether they are in the USA whining and blaming every single problem in the world on the president or a politician or in Thailand whining because the Thai people don't do or act the way that they would prefer.

It is so very easy to sit in the bleachers and boo...not so easy to actually get out there and run your own plays.

Frankly i have little or no memories of my grandparents every whining about anything though the inconveniences and hardships they went through were fairly severe.

All of us might do well to learn to appreciate the good fortune and funny episodes we experience and dwell on

those things more and spend less time harping on the bad things we experience....in the end you get one life and it really is up to you how you choose to view and react to those people and events that are a part of that life.

Easier said than done I know but I would prefer as much as possible to go through life with a smile than a frown....but it does take some effort.

You seem to be filled with hubris; sounds like tempting fate to me.

Also, your life can't be that great if you have to borrow money from your in-laws.......

why not? if i have to pay a bigger amount they help me and vice versa depence on the circumstances @ the moment mama is pregnant though we need some more cash- nothing wrong with this,we are a family.

If I had to borrow money from my family when my wife was pregnant; I wouldnt come on a forum and brag about how great my life is:o

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Why do bad things never happen to me? From Wikipedia:

Quincy Magoo (or simply Mr. Magoo) is a cartoon character created at the UPA animation studio in 1949. Voiced by Jim Backus, Quincy Magoo is a wealthy, short-statured retiree who gets into a series of comical situations as a result of his nearsightedness, compounded by his stubborn refusal to admit the problem. However, through uncanny streaks of luck, the situation always seems to work itself out for him, leaving him no worse than before.

E.g. if Mr. Magoo walks off the roof of a tall building, there will always be a mattress factory truck passing by at the right moment and Mr. Magoo bounces off and keeps walking as if nothing untoward had ever happened.

MrMagoo_6559.jpg

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1