July 10, 201412 yr Today I went to the Thai consulate in New York to apply for a Non Immigrant multi entry B visa. As part of the application process I had to sign a form saying that they could keep my money even if I was denied a visa. I handed the person working there my application and the $200 fee. She never asked to see any of the papers I had with me concerning my future employment, bank statements etc. When I asked her if she wanted to see the papers she said OK and took them from me without really looking at them and told me to come back Monday. I thought it was strange of her not to check to see if I had all the necessary papers but maybe they think that is my problem and not theirs. I don't know. When I applied for a visa two years ago in Miami they were much more pedantic about having everything that was required before accepting my application. I sure hope there is a visa waiting for me on Monday.
Create an account or sign in to comment