Crazy price Ninja !

^ Looks nice!!

We'll see about the price. Wouldn't it cost more than the Z800 though? Even if imported I'd think it will cost less than the CBR1000RR which is I think 630k.

MSRP USA is 12,699 with ABS.

I just checked. The 636 costs nearly 50% more than the Z800 in Europe. So if you base it on the Thai assembled Z800 price ,even if it is assembled here, it'll be north of 500,000.

Z800 is not sold in the USA so basing this off of EU prices. 9,000 EUR for the Z800 vs 13,300 for the ZX-6.

In fact EU pricing is pretty close (a tad higher) than Thai pricing, so my price prediction is 550,000 with ABS or 520,000 without. If it's made in Thailand. If not, well, probably more but I still think less than 630k.

Edited by nikster

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Looks nice!!

We'll see about the price. Wouldn't it cost more than the Z800 though? Even if imported I'd think it will cost less than the CBR1000RR which is I think 630k.

MSRP USA is 12,699 with ABS.

I just checked. The 636 costs nearly 50% more than the Z800 in Europe. So if you base it on the Thai assembled Z800 price ,even if it is assembled here, it'll be north of 500,000.

Z800 is not sold in the USA so basing this off of EU prices. 9,000 EUR for the Z800 vs 13,300 for the ZX-6.

In fact EU pricing is pretty close (a tad higher) than Thai pricing, so my price prediction is 550,000 with ABS or 520,000 without. If it's made in Thailand. If not, well, probably more but I still think less than 630k.

I was told under 550THB at the K shop.. He could not give me a date but he was absolutely sure they were coming soon... So well see. In addition ZX10 also coming soon...;)

• Like 1

i am sure they will bring zx636 and zx10r. Honda sells good amounts of cbr1000rr even though it is restricted. Hope zx10r will be close to the price of hondacbr1000rr.

Also yamaha most probably will release r6 next year.

c'mon kawasaki, makes us happy man!

OK folks, back on topic, the bike is still there and the add is still there so OP - aren't you interested? I'd think it would be gone by now.

Questions: If it still on the red plates, how is it possible to have the green book? AND, how do you check if it's on finance or paid off in full?

Genuine questions people, When I'm back from Bangladesh in 10 days, I will be traveling South and if the bike is still available, I'd stop in Phuket and check it and get it if it's legit.

OK folks, back on topic, the bike is still there and the add is still there so OP - aren't you interested? I'd think it would be gone by now.

Questions: If it still on the red plates, how is it possible to have the green book? AND, how do you check if it's on finance or paid off in full?

Genuine questions people, When I'm back from Bangladesh in 10 days, I will be traveling South and if the bike is still available, I'd stop in Phuket and check it and get it if it's legit.

The book will say if it's on finance, but the bank would have the book, not the bike owner.

When you get the book from the dealer you get the plates also, so if he has the book he should have the plates and it shouldn't be on red plates, but as I said earlier it is fashionable amongst Thais to leave red plates on longer than necessary as a symbol of status, so could be that.

The book will say if it's on finance, but the bank would have the book, not the bike owner.

When you get the book from the dealer you get the plates also, so if he has the book he should have the plates and it shouldn't be on red plates, but as I said earlier it is fashionable amongst Thais to leave red plates on longer than necessary as a symbol of status, so could be that.

Yes it is my understanding also, that if he has a book, he should have the white plate.

I heard another reason Thais leave the red plate on is that they don't need to get their own insurance and tax so they keep them Red plates for as long as possible.

It is also possible to have the book on hands even if the bike is still on finance, you are required to have the book if you want to take the vehicle out of the country and so the finance company can send it to you.

But if you're saying that it should say so in the book if it's still on finance, then it's all good.

I suppose the DLT will see that when transferring the book into new owner's name???

To be honest, I just posted it for anyone that might be looking for a Ninja.

Wasn't ever really on my radar but I am dying to know if it's a scam or not?

Got a friend in Phuket chasing it up now, he will buy it for me if genuine !!

I'll let you all know if scam or score... :)

• Like 1

So, my friend kindly went to take a look :)

The number in the add was for a guy in Patong, not Ao Makham as stated in the classified.

He had a bike that was left with him by a mate, who has gone back to France.

It was a 2012, on white plates with 6k on the clock.

Resprayed about a month ago and not documented in the Green book.

So legit bike but not the right bike !!

Scam or score.... Scam ish :)

• Like 1

It is also possible to have the book on hands even if the bike is still on finance, you are required to have the book if you want to take the vehicle out of the country and so the finance company can send it to you.

Yes but the finance company generally will not let you do this in the first year or two.

• Like 1

I still think it's a genuine scam and there's something else wrong with that 2012 - why would anyone advertise a "2014 brand new bike" in green when it's actually a 2012 in white?

Smells sky high. Leave this deal be. Or learn an important life lesson. Really your choice :)

^ sure those are normal prices. 205k for a 2012, why not. no red flags there.

When I sold mine 1 year old I think the loss vs new was 65k. But that was I think an all-time low for used ER-6n prices. They went back up later.

I imagine with the new visa crackdowns there could be a lot of used bikes on sale cheaply very soon.

i dont want to take it as an opportunity to take advantage of someone in a dire situation to get a bike.

today, breeze bigbike has another great offer. a 2012 kawasaki er6n with ABS ony for 157 k thb which sure you can ride it home for 150 k thb! great deal if the bike is not screwed up but it does not look that way.

I call this a bargain.

https://www.facebook.com/breezbigbike

I imagine with the new visa crackdowns there could be a lot of used bikes on sale cheaply very soon.

i dont want to take it as an opportunity to take advantage of someone in a dire situation to get a bike.

today, breeze bigbike has another great offer. a 2012 kawasaki er6n with ABS ony for 157 k thb which sure you can ride it home for 150 k thb! great deal if the bike is not screwed up but it does not look that way.

I call this a bargain.

That is a 2010 model (orange one) no?

Not such a bargain !

I call this a bargain.

That is a 2010 model (orange one) no?

Not such a bargain !

yes it is a 2010 model. pretty cheap wonder why, photo of it looks good but it shows only one side. only problem, it might be a rental bike with very high kms but not stated in the add.

someone interested maybe call them and ask. it is the price of a cbr300r nearly or same price with kawa z250.

Edited by ll2

Back on topic....

I was in Phuket for a few days,very busy,but still wanted to see this bike.After numerous attempt to call,finally the guy answered...but that was a wrong number(some French guy)....send some emails and got the answer after 2 days...but not the answer I was looking for....

The ad in B&S shows the map location in Cape Panwa,very close to where I was,maybe a couple of km,so I've asked,if he can come to me and show the bike,because I did not have a transportation and did not want to wonder around in the taxi....

...so here it is,his email back to me....hold your breath....

...."Dear Sir
Who do you think you are some jumped up foreigner ?? , do you seriously think i am slightly interested in riding all the way over to Cape Panwa to show you a motorcycle that you might even not buy , if i was stupid enough to do that , i would be spending all my time showing my bike around to people .

If you would like to see my motorcycle then please come make an appointment with my Law office in Phuket Town , (..................) i am a very busy lawyer and not willing to ride my bike around the Island of Phuket just to show interested party's and i am sure no one else would either.

The bike means absolutely nothing to me , i paid 300,000 for it 5 months ago , its a toy , i couldn't care less if i sold it or not , i certainly don't need your money , i have far more than you could possibly imagine .
I suggest if your to lazy to come and look yourself then buy i new one like i did , they may even deliver it for you to Capa Panwa ."....
...so here you go....I think it is still for sale....tongue.pngw00t.gif
  • Like 2

Back on topic....

I was in Phuket for a few days,very busy,but still wanted to see this bike.After numerous attempt to call,finally the guy answered...but that was a wrong number(some French guy)....send some emails and got the answer after 2 days...but not the answer I was looking for....

The ad in B&S shows the map location in Cape Panwa,very close to where I was,maybe a couple of km,so I've asked,if he can come to me and show the bike,because I did not have a transportation and did not want to wonder around in the taxi....

...."Dear Sir
Who do you think you are some jumped up foreigner ?? , do you seriously think i am slightly interested in riding all the way over to Cape Panwa to show you a motorcycle that you might even not buy , if i was stupid enough to do that , i would be spending all my time showing my bike around to people .

If you would like to see my motorcycle then please come make an appointment with my Law office in Phuket Town , (..................) i am a very busy lawyer and not willing to ride my bike around the Island of Phuket just to show interested party's and i am sure no one else would either.

The bike means absolutely nothing to me , i paid 300,000 for it 5 months ago , its a toy , i couldn't care less if i sold it or not , i certainly don't need your money , i have far more than you could possibly imagine .
I suggest if your to lazy to come and look yourself then buy i new one like i did , they may even deliver it for you to Capa Panwa ."....

with this kind of behavior, i just tell him to go f. himself.

Sure, your request sounds odd to, let a seller come and show you the bike still his response is wild and disrespectful.

Back on topic....

...."Dear Sir

Sure, your request sounds odd to, let a seller come and show you the bike still his response is wild and disrespectful.

I don't doubt your intentions but I can see his point. People often forget that Phuket is quite big and he's clearly not in Panwa from his response, quite often I can clock up 200 km in a day. Also it's rainy season and Panwa is right over on the far East coast. Depending on where he is coming from it could take up to an hour to get there, same to get back in the heat or the rain. I can understand it. The bike looks lovely and a bargain to boot. I have the older version Ninja and was tempted. But for me if I buy another bike I would need a litre bike.

SDM

Edited by SDM0712

Back on topic....

...."Dear Sir

I don't doubt your intentions but I can see his point. People often forget that Phuket is quite big and he's clearly not in Panwa from his response, quite often I can clock up 200 km in a day. Also it's rainy season and Panwa is right over on the far East coast. Depending on where he is coming from it could take up to an hour to get there, same to get back in the heat or the rain. I can understand it. The bike looks lovely and a bargain to boot. I have the older version Ninja and was tempted. But for me if I buy another bike I would need a litre bike.

SDM

You obviously did not look at his ad....his location on the map in B&S was just a few km away from where I was staying,so no big favor to ask....and the weather was perfect.....

...I've ask of his correct(!) phone number and never was given...also the name of his 'law' firm,which he's given me,could not be located in Phuket...

BTW,the photo shown,is not of his bike....and the phone number is not his.....

Edited by funcat

Back on topic....

...."Dear Sir

SDM

You obviously did not look at his ad....his location on the map in B&S was just a few km away from where I was staying,so no big favor to ask....and the weather was perfect.....

...I've ask of his correct(!) phone number and never was given...also the name of his 'law' firm,which he's given me,could not be located in Phuket...

why dont you just let this deal go and move over to another one?

lots of genuine 2012 and up kawa er6ns around to buy for 200 k thb.

while trying to save 15 - 20 k, you have wasted lots of time already in your life just by exchanging emails or trying to reach the guy and trying to figure out if the deal is scam or not!

Time to report this as scam to BS. Done.

But, it should be noted that those map locator thingys on BS default to whatever location if you don't set it, which I never have.

Better to finance a 2014 CBR650F with 20% down with garuantor, 40% if not (unless you can show finance history with them, then 30% down no guarantor) The end of this month they are running a special low interest rate and free first year insurance, a 13,400B value. Included is government tax, rego, and a full tank. So 30% down is 90k OTD.

why dont you just let this deal go and move over to another one?

lots of genuine 2012 and up kawa er6ns around to buy for 200 k thb.

while trying to save 15 - 20 k, you have wasted lots of time already in your life just by exchanging emails or trying to reach the guy and trying to figure out if the deal is scam or not!

II2,you just wasted your valuable time writing this comment,I think... wink.png