Govt House to undergo Bt300m renovation

Lite Beer

Govt House to undergo Bt300m renovation
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A budget of Bt300 million has been earmarked for the renovation of the Government House complex as some buildings are in bad repair owing to the months long anti-government protest, an informed source said.

The source added that the renovation had nothing to do with the tradition of new governments making feng shui-related adjustments to boost their success. Feng shui is an ancient Chinese system of introducing harmony and controlling the flow of energy.

The previous Pheu Thai and Democrat-led governments made changes to the complex according to recommendations made by feng shui experts.

Pol General Adul Saengsingkaew, deputy chief of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), will on Monday lead a religious rite for the worship of the spirits guarding the premises.

Landscape of the Government House premises will be adjusted and key buildings - namely Ku Fa, Santi Maitri, Banchakarn and Nari Samosorn - will undergo major renovations.

The Nari Samosorn building, which was previously used as a news centre, will be turned into a reception area for government guests.

Renovation work will be carried out by officials from the Fine Arts Department, the city's Public Works and Town and Country Planning and the Army's Department of Post Engineering.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Govt-House-to-undergo-Bt300m-renovation-30238336.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-07-11

"Pol General Adul Saengsingkaew, deputy chief of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), will on Monday lead a religious rite for the worship of the spirits guarding the premises."

power, and money, for the future PM, general chan ocha. Mambo jumbo for the population. Will they swallow it?

power, and money, for the future PM, general chan ocha. Mambo jumbo for the population. Will they swallow it?

Sure.

Do they have a choice? Not exactly clear on what the budget process is these days. I think it is the Picard process: "Make it so!"

As part of the renovation, there needs to be the addition of a nice gallows out front, for the upcoming Thaksin public hanging.

Mr Thaksin may never be allowed to return to Thailand. A cruel but just punishment for his sins.

as some buildings are in bad repair owing to the months long anti-government protest

A convenient excuse which does not fit in with the rest of the story.

I did notice the

"renovation had nothing to do with the tradition of new governments making feng shui-related adjustments to boost their success."

followed by

"Landscape of the Government House premises will be adjusted"

BTW too lazy to search for it, but I thought Suthep took over Government House (or at least part of it) for barely a month. To now see

"bad repair owing to the months long anti-government protest"

seems a bit strange ? I assume there's no suggestion that ALL seven months of anti-government protests caused this disrepair state ?

• Like 1

As part of the renovation, there needs to be the addition of a nice gallows out front, for the upcoming Thaksin public hanging.

The entire 1% elites in Thailand need to be hanged as well, singling out Thaksin doesn't help anybody except make everything more polarized.

"Pol General Adul Saengsingkaew, deputy chief of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), will on Monday lead a religious rite for the worship of the spirits guarding the premises."

I would bill the "spirit" guards as they clearly are not up to the job!

Sent from my Lenovo A3000-H using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Discretionary spending: a couple hundred million baht here, a couple billion baht there. That is the beauty of an authortarian rule - no financial reviews, approvals, or accountability to balance a budget. If extravagent spending on populist subsidies, tax breaks, lower interest rates, public/government projects, etc. in the pursuit of happiness continues at the current rate throughout the term of the interim government (not allowed under the 2007 Constitution!), a permanent government may fall under the weight of national debt. And even another military coup will not save the country then.

• Like 1

...and 30% of 300m baht is..let me get my calculator and I will work out your rake off sir. No corruption in Thailand now. Am I the only one who still sees corruption everywhere or did it all disappear to Dubai

The entire 1% elites in Thailand need to be hanged as well, singling out Thaksin doesn't help anybody except make everything more polarized.

The only true way out of this was to do a deal with Thaksin so we all come out a winner. His popularity, for the right or wrong reasons will not wane because the right wing media and Amaart demonise him. Nobody was right and everybody was wrong mentality would progress this country no end. Instead the old dinosaurs of the royalist right wing elitists saw victory at all cost. Hence ...coup

Stopping corruption is not the reason for the current situation, if you believe that you are way off the mark

Edited by city

Discretionary spending: a couple hundred million baht here, a couple billion baht there. That is the beauty of an authortarian rule - no financial reviews, approvals, or accountability to balance a budget. If extravagent spending on populist subsidies, tax breaks, lower interest rates, public/government projects, etc. in the pursuit of happiness continues at the current rate throughout the term of the interim government (not allowed under the 2007 Constitution!), a permanent government may fall under the weight of national debt. And even another military coup will not save the country then.

Money not spent yet and you already want a detailed account?

Now if only we had asked for that with the democratically elected Yingluck goverments 500 billion revolving funds to do a first financing of the allegedly to be profitable Rice Price Pledging Scheme. Obviously and clear for all to see Thailand is much worse of now

• Like 1

I hope they get the new bar right? 300 million baht is a lot of damage, that the police/army should have protected. Should they take the money out of either' budget?

Fine Arts Department may be doing a new painting of the General? I wonder if he will get a halo or have the light coming from around his head?

Who said absolute power is going to the head?

How about giving the impoverished rice farmers some sheets of tin to repair their ' dwellings ' or put running water into the tens of thousands of homes that are without ? So, they don't live in Bangkok so they don't qualify ? Situation normal.....

Waste of money, put it to better use....How about giving it to all the people who never received even the pittance of 5000 baht they were supposed to get after the 2011 floods to repair the mass damage to their houses ?? Haven't they waited long enough ?! ( No I am not one of them )

Edited by tingtongteesood