what do you think about that orange colour FORD pick up truck?

jack71

I'm trying to decide on which brand of pickup to buy and I get a feeling in my trousers about the new 2014 model 4x4 Ford. I don't have the spec on me right now but its the one with the 6 air bags and all the techie stuff. When you stick it in reverse the tv screen appears in the rear vision window.

It looks dam good in my opinion and the orange / red colour one is the one I think I will buy. However, I wonder in 5 years time will I be sick of the orange colour or not? Is it safer to go for the white or silver. The other day I saw an older model ford in that orange colour and it didnt look that good to be honest. I'm thus a little ambivalent about what colour to get.

Whilst I have your attention, Ive never purchased a new car before and want to pay 20% deposit and get finance. On the day of signing the doc's should I be doing bank transfer or paying cash and getting a receipt. Any advice on this process is appreciated.

many thanks

Hi There/.

Well regarding the colour, my thoughts after having a silver car for 5 years -

I am after a change from normal boring Thailand colours like silver, bronze, black and I Like the Mars red (Ford colour) this time. Don't know what touch/paint match will be like in a few years from minor dings/scratches that you will get in Thailand though. My silver vios silver paint never matched that great on a few minor scratches.

White seems ok for a couple of years, but without great car care, seems to turn yellow or dull white later.

Anyway - I am ready for a change this time and have ordered a Ford Ecosport in Mars Red, taking delivery next Friday- they are busy now fitting all my free extra's now with the SUV, no discounts around much now but plenty of extra's though, managed to get a list of 15 things extra with the Ecosport.

cheers

• Like 1

I think it looks best in either of these two colours

black #1 for me

followed closely by the white...

but the orange is growing on me..oops wrong truck

The Nissan is a very cool colour, in fact the ride looks cool........thumbsup.gif

Like the color (pretty close to UT Austin colors) but all of our family cars are black like our hearts and both are kind of tradition now.

If you plan on going the DC-3/B-52 route and actively maintain it, then all good. If resale is in the works down the road, any truck that isn't a Toyota or Isuzu probably isn't a good idea.

:-)

Edited by Heng

Like the color (pretty close to UT Austin colors) but all of our family cars are black like our hearts and both are kind of tradition now.

If you plan on going the DC-3/B-52 route and actively maintain it, then all good. If resale is in the works down the road, any truck that isn't a Toyota or Isuzu probably isn't a good idea.

:-)

Yeah I know I bought mine 2nd hand

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

When you go to sell second hand you have limited your potential customers to those who also like that colour whereas white maybe safe and boring but most people can live with it .

I always go for high impact colors on any vehicle,

for no other reasons than they're easier to spot in a parking lot and possible more visible on the road for safety,

wouldn't apply in Thailand, lol

post-10802-0-83756000-1405206509_thumb.j

Edited by cobra

The orange Ford looks really great! And the roadside service guys will find you very easily when you call them. Plus other motorists can tell it's a Ford from a long way off.