Bangkok Hospital Opening Date? (what's the latest)

davevi

The new Bangkok Hospital...

Does anyone have a revised date for the hospital to open?

Stopped by their booth in Central Festival and was told they would open on 08JUL.

Checked their main website today and Chiang Mai is not listed as a branch of their hospital.

Using Google I found a Facebook page for "Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai" and on that page is a website URL for the Chiang Mai branch -- but the link goes to a dead page that belongs to a web server company.

Does anyone have a revised date for the hospital to open?

Haven't got a date but I was told they are having trouble finding staff.

Could be the reason for no opening date.

Asked my Thai friend, shortly after posting this, and he told me the hospital was open.

To verify he called the hospital's call center just now and verified that they are open, -- even spoke directly with staff at the Chiang Mai branch of Bangkok Hospital.

So, they are open, but I am not able to determine if that means all areas and all functions are open for business.

Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai was opened on Friday, July 11. I went there to take a look as it is near to our Moo Ban.
They told me they are fully operational (out-patient, I did not ask about in-patient) and you can make appointments.
They do not yet have signed contracts with all insurance companies, such as BUPA, but said that will be done soon.

From what I hear, they have spared no costs in creating a very upscale product, which will give Lanna and CNX Ram a run for their money.

Although both of these hospitals have or are 'renovating' they are both pretty old, and this will provide healthy competition.

BKK Hospital's prices will no doubt be commensurate with their investment costs, but since many patients are covered by insurance it will undoubtedly take business away from them.

Interested to hear more from anybody who has inspected BH.

• Like 1

Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai was opened on Friday, July 11. I went there to take a look as it is near to our Moo Ban.

They told me they are fully operational (out-patient, I did not ask about in-patient) and you can make appointments.

They do not yet have signed contracts with all insurance companies, such as BUPA, but said that will be done soon.

I had received my information from a fellow who does a lot of liaison work for VFW Americans at the Ram. He said they had no method in place with the new hospital.

being one of the first patients at a new hospital in Thailand would be the last thing anyone should attempt - especially surgery! ooooops...we forgot to test that piece of equipment.... give it a year to 'shake out the bugs'.

I had received my information from a fellow who does a lot of liaison work for VFW Americans at the Ram. He said they had no method in place with the new hospital.

No method for what?

Kurtz: Are my methods unsound?

Willard: I don't see any method at all, sir.

Edited by mesquite
  • Like 1

being one of the first patients at a new hospital in Thailand would be the last thing anyone should attempt - especially surgery! ooooops...we forgot to test that piece of equipment.... give it a year to 'shake out the bugs'.

Boloney. It will do Chiang Mai good to have a new kid on the block, shake things up a bit. Ram is charging Bumrungrad / Bangkok Hospital prices with the services of a government hospital.

Boloney. It will do Chiang Mai good to have a new kid on the block, shake things up a bit. Ram is charging Bumrungrad / Bangkok Hospital prices with the services of a government hospital.

Yes it will be good to have another hospital but your remarks about RAM are absolute nonsense.

Yes it will be good to have another hospital but your remarks about RAM are absolute nonsense.

Are they? Compared to Bangkok hospital and Bumrungrad the facilities are mostly archaic. Except the new heart attack machine, thats in new condition (for now).

No method for what?

Kurtz: Are my methods unsound?

Willard: I don't see any method at all, sir.

Sorry about that.

No method for direct billing to the VFW. That is not to say that there won't be one. But at the moment there is none and he has not heard of an attempt yet. Time will probably see that it is there.