will Pattaya be next

gamini

The NCPO announced on tv the other night that they are looking into solving illegal prostitution in Pattaya and other tourist areas. Quite what this means I don't know, but no doubt that would be by far this biggest issue to solve. I mean it's not like they could all walk into 9-5 jobs on 20-30k a month. And with no welfare system in place, who will support their kids? Certainly not the fathers.

Perhaps regulation that protects their rights as workers and humans would be a better place to start.

Any statement made how they will solve the illegal prostitution addressing the local Thai male population?

Pattaya is living off the reputation of being "the sex and entertainment capital" of the universe. Take that away and what is left ??? There are other 10'000 Beaches in this world renting hotel-rooms and serving Pinia-Coladas at the pool.

When Pattaya reverts back to what it was before (a fishing-village), that would become a true "buyers-market" for condos.wink.png

Cheers.

I dont think the Thai military have much control over Pattaya, at least so far, unlike other areas of Thailand, they havent touched the people that do control it, and unless that happens I dont see any major changes taking place